Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 28, 2019 at 4:49 AM Post #29,386 of 33,689
Anyone know what the RRP of the KBEAR Diamond (79.00), Moondrop Starfield (110.00) and Fearless Stellar will be?

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2019 at 5:59 AM Post #29,387 of 33,689
Great review, thank you - you sound genuinely impressed!
Such a relief to hear my expectations confirmed, my first attempt to get hold of a decent DD set was a complete disaster :smirk:.

Should be receiving mine any day now...please keep the impressions coming in the meantime. How is it with different cables? :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

I look forward to your Diamond impressions when u get it too!

What was your first DD that was a disaster??

I see u have the Audiosense T800 and some well regarded multi BA/hybrids. The T800 does trump the Diamond in technicalities due to the different transducer types, but then again, the T800 beats most other budget multi BA/hybrids in technicalities, though the Diamond has better timbre/tonality. So I guess it depends on what u are looking for in your music.

The Diamond is also very eartip and source sensitive, different tips will influence the amount of midbass bloat/bleed. I've tiprolled and settled currently on spinfit CP100, it provides the least amount of midbass bleed/bloat, but YMMV as we all have different ear anatomy, hearing health, preferred music genres and bass tolerances. Amping does tighten the bass a tinge and opens up dynamics and details. The Diamond's SPC stock cable is very adequate, I know not everyone is a cable believer, but I'll try cable rolling the next few days and let u know if there're any differences in sound.

Anyone know what the RRP of the KBEAR Diamond (79.00), Moondrop Starfield (110.00) and Fearless Stellar will be?

I spoke to an audio shop (which is the licensed local Fearless dealer in my country) about the Fearless Stellar, apparently there is some regional exclusive license thing going on, so certain countries will not have it at release. Like I'm from Asia and it ain't coming to local shops for the first few weeks. Though I think it can still be gotten via online options, but auditioning is gonna be difficult.

Dec 28, 2019 at 6:11 AM Post #29,388 of 33,689
I spoke to an audio shop (which is the licensed local Fearless dealer in my country) about the Fearless Stellar, apparently there is some regional exclusive license thing going on, so certain countries will not have it at release. Like I'm from Asia and it ain't coming to local shops for the first few weeks. Though I think it can still be gotten via online options, but auditioning is gonna be difficult.

I live in Ireland. I've never once been able to audition anything chifi. It's just not a thing here.

Dec 28, 2019 at 6:23 AM Post #29,389 of 33,689
I live in Ireland. I've never once been able to audition anything chifi. It's just not a thing here.

I live in London. Same...nowhere to audition, especially Chi-Fi. That's why this community is so helpful. Without this community I would not have bought the Tin T2, T3, Blon 03, Semkarch CNT1, LZ A6 mini, Rose Masya Mk2, TFZ No3 (well Bad Boy too). But any problems and returns are almost not worth the effort.

Dec 28, 2019 at 6:26 AM Post #29,390 of 33,689
I live in London. Same...nowhere to audition, especially Chi-Fi. That's why this community is so helpful. Without this community I would not have bought the Tin T2, T3, Blon 03, Semkarch CNT1, LZ A6 mini, Rose Masya Mk2, TFZ No3 (well Bad Boy too). But any problems and returns are almost not worth the effort.

Exactly right. This place is the very best... And so little negativity as well... Garbage In Garbage Out etc.

Dec 28, 2019 at 7:31 AM Post #29,391 of 33,689
I look forward to your Diamond impressions when u get it too!

What was your first DD that was a disaster??

I see u have the Audiosense T800 and some well regarded multi BA/hybrids. The T800 does trump the Diamond in technicalities due to the different transducer types, but then again, the T800 beats most other budget multi BA/hybrids in technicalities, though the Diamond has better timbre/tonality. So I guess it depends on what u are looking for in your music.

The Diamond is also very eartip and source sensitive, different tips will influence the amount of midbass bloat/bleed. I've tiprolled and settled currently on spinfit CP100, it provides the least amount of midbass bleed/bloat, but YMMV as we all have different ear anatomy, hearing health, preferred music genres and bass tolerances. Amping does tighten the bass a tinge and opens up dynamics and details. The Diamond's SPC stock cable is very adequate, I know not everyone is a cable believer, but I'll try cable rolling the next few days and let u know if there're any differences in sound.

The disaster was the Faaeal Hibiscus - I wasted hours burning them in and trying to mod them but just couldn't get them to balance...owning BA5s didn't help as they achieve that mid forward signature effortlessly, though the Faaeals had better note weight and tone, just not in the right places, and terrible technicalities (not helped by my modding). My fault for taking early impressions at face value and not waiting for a broader review base to emerge (didn't stop me buying the Diamonds though)!!!

Yes, have T800s and think they're fantastic (I learnt so much dialing them in) but don't like using them in anything less than ideal listening conditions (after midnight mostly, when everyone else is asleep and I can actually focus properly)! That may change but as you point out, they have a particular presentation and I can't always focus on technicalities.

Having spent years just using iems and buds as commuting noise blockers (and some mixing/engineering with the ER4s) it's only recently that I've taken more of an interest in their sound quality (my commute changed to a much quieter inter-city journey)...I guess I'm just trying different sonic flavours at the moment, and trying to do so as judiciously as possible with the help of the excellent community here. Very happy with what I've got so far, they've all got unique qualities that I can exploit / enjoy.

Noted about the spinfits, which are one of many tips I have yet to check out, and on the cable front I'm afraid I'm in danger of becoming a serious believer, even in the face of a lot of very reasonable scepticism :grin:.

Will stay tuned for developments your end and thanks again for sharing the good news:wink:.

Dec 28, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #29,394 of 33,689
just did a battle royale between the Audiosense T800, Shuoer Tape, LZ A6 Mini and the Tin Hifi P1 to find out which of them can reproduce the most details.

1. T800 ( amazing detail all around)

2. P1 ( also very good detail all around (especially the Mids))

3. Tape ( detail all around)

4. mini ( cant really contest with the others, EXCEPT in the Highs which is almost on the same level as the T800)

Dec 28, 2019 at 12:28 PM Post #29,396 of 33,689
Spring 1 is like this, great detail in the upper part of the range but on the lower end there’s good impact but not especially detailed.
It feels the same with NX7 - sparkly highs, very good lows with somewhat limited mids that may start to be overwhelmed with details.

I am now very curious of:
1) A comparison among A6, Spring 1 and NX7
2) Are there multi-BAs + piezo IEMs?

Dec 28, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #29,397 of 33,689
Dec 29, 2019 at 4:41 AM Post #29,399 of 33,689
It feels the same with NX7 - sparkly highs, very good lows with somewhat limited mids that may start to be overwhelmed with details.

I am now very curious of:
1) A comparison among A6, Spring 1 and NX7
2) Are there multi-BAs + piezo IEMs?

1. full A6? i think they will be on top of Spring 1 and NX7. Spring 1 have great detailed mids, while NX7 more detailed in trebles and great texture sub bass and mid bass. With NX7 pro, i feel mids are better on Spring 1, but bass part i like the NX7 pro, my ideal trebles will be in between Spring 1 and NX7 pro level.

2. NX7 / Pro are multi DD-BA-piezo, along with full A6, unless youre looking for just BAs (with bass BA) with piezo

Dec 29, 2019 at 8:16 AM Post #29,400 of 33,689
1. full A6? i think they will be on top of Spring 1 and NX7. Spring 1 have great detailed mids, while NX7 more detailed in trebles and great texture sub bass and mid bass. With NX7 pro, i feel mids are better on Spring 1, but bass part i like the NX7 pro, my ideal trebles will be in between Spring 1 and NX7 pro level.

2. NX7 / Pro are multi DD-BA-piezo, along with full A6, unless youre looking for just BAs (with bass BA) with piezo

Thank you for your input.

1) Full A6 is expected to top NX7 and Spring 1, given the price difference. I am specifically interested in the resolution of the mids, given that in NX7 all 4 BAs seem to be largely devoted to the treble.

2) Enjoying my NX7, C16 and C12, in my ideal imaginary IEM, I would take the lows and low mids from C16, upper mids from C12 and treble from NX7.
So I am very interested to know about reasonably affordable BA-piezo hybrids.
Hopefully, lo-ong promised C18 or C20 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back