Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 10, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #28,186 of 33,689
Audiosense T300 Pro. What's it like, folks? I ask because I've just taken delivery of a Dunu I3CS bought for cheap on eBay, and I actually quite like it. Certainly it's a step above the cheap BA stuff I own, only it is deficient in the bass for my liking. I've got hybrid stuff, single DD and single BA. Maybe I should try a multi BA. To clarify, I like bass to have good extension but be fast and punchy rather than bloomy or slow. I can only afford one 11/11 purchase as like a tool I have spent all my funds on other stuff like the aforementioned Dunus, an ES100 etc etc etc.
Other possibles are the Tin T4 or the Tin P1, or maybe just holding on to my cash and getting a T800 in a month or so.

Nov 10, 2019 at 3:31 PM Post #28,187 of 33,689
I see comments like this with literally every release that comes down the pike. Everything has a few QC issues here and there. It’s almost always the minority, not the majority.

What if the Tapes you receive are perfectly fine, and you have absolutely no issues whatsoever? Or what if whatever alternative model XYZ you buy unluckily has loads of QC issues?

There’s individual Toyota Camrys, the most reliable car ever made, that turned out to be lemons as soon as they drove off the dealer lot. And there were Yugos, arguably the worst and more unreliable car ever made, that ran for years and years without a single problem.

You’ll never know the future. Don’t let fear of ‘what if’ run your life. You just have to go for it sometimes.

It’s much more important to buy from a seller that has a good history of addressing problems when and if they do arise, then always trying to avoid something that may never even happen.

I don’t lose sleep at night that I might die when an airplane crashes into my bedroom and kills me. It probably will never happen, so why worry about it? And in the unlucky even that an airplane does crash into my bedroom, I guess I’ll cross that bridge when I get there...

Yeah yeah
Gonna give a pass to the tape too tho.

I mean there's enough stuff out there that has no QC issue (seen complaints about T2, toneking, nicehck mmcx stuff? I have not). We're literally submerged in chifi hell, no point taking risks if enough ppl report big issues, better be picky.

Good intention in your post but you're imo missing the point of this "game" which is to find the great (for each depending on preference) in an ocean of crap.

Nov 10, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #28,188 of 33,689
Yeah yeah

I mean there's enough stuff out there that has no QC issue (seen complaints about T2, toneking, nicehck mmcx stuff? I have not). We're literally submerged in chifi hell, no point taking risks if enough ppl report big issues, better be picky.

Good intention in your post but you're imo missing the point of this "game" which is to find the great (for each depending on preference) in an ocean of crap.

Sorry, I didn’t miss the point.

More than 1 person had their T2 shells simply fall apart (and has to glue them back together). More than 1 person had their Toneking NineTail filters come loose (due to sloppy thread machining tolerances), and fall off only to be lost forever. I’ve personally had a defective NiceHCK cable that was not wired properly and a defective NiceHCK IEM that was wired out of phase.

My point was that NO company makes products that have ZERO defects. I’ve been in the manufacturing business for over 30 years, and that is reality. Unless you believe in unicorns and the tooth fairy.

NASA couldn’t even build a handful of space shuttles that were 100% defect free, and they spent $196 Billion dollars, millions of man hours, utilizing tens of thousands of professionals. A small Chinese company building $100 earphones by hand out of a glorified basement factory certainly can’t do it without making some defects too. I don’t care who it is - Shouer, KZ, NiceHCK, TFZ, HifiMan, TinAudio, Gloppy Drop Snoopy Noopers Audio - no one.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #28,189 of 33,689
Yeah yeah

Actually my TAPE had no issue. My T2 pro had the very mmcx issue we're talking about (I’ve heard of the same issues with the T2 and T3).

Nov 10, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #28,190 of 33,689
I have used 3 cables on my Tape and haven't had any issues. The Linsoul batch have the issue?? Mine was from a banned seller.

Hopefully just a bad batch as I don't like the stock cable so there should be changing. Good cable but not the one that should come with the Tape, IMO. Kind of cool and sterile sounding taking away from the personality the Tape drivers can have not too mention those who report shrill highs or peaks or whatever. Pushing the Tapes voice in the wrong direction.

Nov 10, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #28,191 of 33,689
I wanted to share this with you all, as it’s related to this thread topic.

I’m always on the lookout for good earphone cases.

We all know about the various hard shell EVA zippered cases (square, round, etc), the metal mint tins, the KZ waterproof Pelican-style cases, etc.

Well, I recently stumbled upon a GREAT earphone case. I was picking up my latest pair of prescription eyeglasses (including prescription sunglasses), and after I got home I was looking through my drawer of old prescription glasses. Well, over the years I’ve collected quite a few of the triangular eyeglass cases with the magnetic flap. I was going to throw them away, but instead it dawned on me that they would probably work as earphone cases.

And low and behold they work great for that purpose.

They’re generously-sized, and easily large enough to fit any earphone (including additional gear such as Bluetooth adapters like the ES100, DAC dongles, etc). You could even fit TWO earphones in each case, if you really wanted to.

They are felt-lined (and of course hard-shelled), providing plenty of protection for earphones. After all, if they can protect delicate eyeglasses, they can surely protect earphones right?

They fold down totally flat when not in use, which is extremely efficient for storing unused cases (as seen here by these 3 cases):

The cool thing about this is that you can slip the flat case into your pocket while you’re listening to your earphones! In other words, pull the case out of your glovebox or wherever, remove the earphones and put them on your ears, flatten the storage case, and slip it into your pocket. Then, when you’re ready to remove your earphones, take the case out of your pocket, unfold it, and put the earphones back into the case. Nice! I always disliked how bulky the zippered cases fit into my pants pocket while I was actually using my earphones.

And when they are opened up and in use actually storing earphones, they stack together very efficiently as well (unlike the round and square earphone cases, which are not that efficient when stacking numerous ones in a drawer). Here’s 4 cases, which takes up little room with no wasted space:

I asked my optometrist for a few spare cases, and she happily gave me a handful of them!

I also checked, and they are readily available on Aliexpress in many colors for roughly $2 each. That’s roughly comparable in price to a typical zippered hard EVA earphone case (which is much smaller).

I think I’m going to start switching over my regular zippered cases for the eyeglass cases, which will allow much better organization and better utilization of space for my earphone collection.

do you have a link or search terms for these ?

been looking for a suitable "storage device" for my IEMs for quite some time but haven't encountered anything practical yet,

yours seem to hit the spot

thanks in advance

Nov 10, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #28,192 of 33,689
These look like they would make a good earphone case...
H190fcf545bfa47129f72ac3d4db0f368R.jpg

H9da85fdb8ecf44bf8472860348c4bebdN.jpg

A bit roomy at 7 inches. Just search sunglass or eyeglass case on Ali and you'll find some interesting stuff.

Nov 10, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #28,193 of 33,689
do you have a link or search terms for these ?

been looking for a suitable "storage device" for my IEMs for quite some time but haven't encountered anything practical yet,

yours seem to hit the spot

thanks in advance

Triangle glasses case
Triangle sunglasses storage
Triangle folding glasses box

Nov 10, 2019 at 11:33 PM Post #28,198 of 33,689
This seems to happen to you with every earphone that you once liked. Maybe it is time to discover some new music. Music is more important than the gear.

Implying that someone who likes the Blon 01 has hearing damage is rather rude. Do you read what you write?
I am not sure if you're aware but I only listened to KZ's before. I had 15 iems from them and never tried other brands. KZ is a suck brand when others like Audiosense and BQEYZ try so hard to give their customers what they want. Are you going to dislike me for not liking KZ iems anymore, forever?

BTW, I listen to all forms of music. But seem to gravitate toward indie and mainstream rock and hip hop because of the amount of music groups out there making music in those genres. I'm listening to Radiohead right now.

Why do you take my joke about the Blon 01 seriously? Did you help create the 01?
Why are you mad that someone dossn't like it as much as the KB100, T2, T100, T180, etc like in my signature?

The sad reality is the Blon 01 will never be in my signature.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2019 at 12:31 AM Post #28,199 of 33,689
I am not sure if you're aware but I only listened to KZ's before. I had 15 iems from them and never tried other brands. KZ is a suck brand when others like Audiosense and BQEYZ try so hard to give their customers what they want. Are you going to dislike me for not liking KZ iems anymore, forever?

BTW, I listen to all forms of music. But seem to gravitate toward indie and mainstream rock and hip hop because of the amount of music groups out there making music in those genres. I'm listening to Radiohead right now.

Why do you take my joke about the Blon 01 seriously? Did you help create the 01?
Why are you mad that someone dossn't like it as much as the KB100, T2, T100, T180, etc like in my signature?

The sad reality is the Blon 01 will never be in my signature.

It's this
I think it only trades blows with those iems if the person listening to it has hearing damage. :wink:

Sentence that might be the problem.

If you don't point out that it was a joke, to others who read it, it looks like that it was directed to @Tonymac136 (and also to others who happens to agree to his post) as a rude gesture.. because written sentences do lack of emotional direction

just because a certain earphones is not compatible to your preference, doesn't mean ypu need to bash it in public (and everyone else that happrns to like them).
i haven't heard the Blon 01 yet, but more power to anyone that love it

Nov 11, 2019 at 12:39 AM Post #28,200 of 33,689
Daily chuckle: ACHIEVED!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back