Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 30, 2019 at 9:28 AM Post #27,856 of 33,689
the T4 will have more upper mids and treble, more "air" because of the spike at 15khz, with less bass also but not by much
Sounds like the KXXS, by that description

Oct 30, 2019 at 5:36 PM Post #27,857 of 33,689
What are the characteristics of piezo drivers? Asking because I saw that the bqeyz spring 1 has a triple driver setup with a piezo.

Oct 30, 2019 at 5:49 PM Post #27,858 of 33,689
What are the characteristics of piezo drivers? Asking because I saw that the bqeyz spring 1 has a triple driver setup with a piezo.
Piezo (piezoelectric) driver is a ceramic plate great for precise but relatively small-amplitude displacements. So it can work well for high frequencies, when properly implemented.

Oct 30, 2019 at 5:56 PM Post #27,859 of 33,689

Super fast and detailed high frequencies.

Oct 30, 2019 at 6:39 PM Post #27,860 of 33,689
Piezo drivers have a very good transient response and sound clean, open and immediate, and often have a very extended treble. They do, however, usually require more power than BAs or DDs and IEMs with a piezo driver sound at their best with a headphone amplifier. This is true of the three models I have. They also need to be carefully tuned and integrated with the other drivers.

Oct 30, 2019 at 8:07 PM Post #27,861 of 33,689
They do, however, usually require more power than BAs or DDs and IEMs with a piezo driver sound at their best with a headphone amplifier. This is true of the three models I have. They also need to be carefully tuned and integrated with the other drivers.

That definitely sounds right based on my experience with the Spring 1. Power-hungry while also being sensitive to source impedance is a funny combination. The Spring 1 also has what most seem to agree is an odd or unnatural timbre, even among those who like it. Probably because of difficultiiies in tuning the three drivers -- although the result isn't incoherent at all. Just odd.

Oct 30, 2019 at 9:14 PM Post #27,862 of 33,689
Piezo (piezoelectric) driver is a ceramic plate great for precise but relatively small-amplitude displacements. So it can work well for high frequencies, when properly implemented.
yes and they are relatively smooth for highs, BAs are more prone to sibillance and harshness for highs

Super fast and detailed high frequencies.
yupe

Piezo drivers have a very good transient response and sound clean, open and immediate, and often have a very extended treble. They do, however, usually require more power than BAs or DDs and IEMs with a piezo driver sound at their best with a headphone amplifier. This is true of the three models I have. They also need to be carefully tuned and integrated with the other drivers.
well answered, yes piezos usually need more power to wake them up

That definitely sounds right based on my experience with the Spring 1. Power-hungry while also being sensitive to source impedance is a funny combination. The Spring 1 also has what most seem to agree is an odd or unnatural timbre, even among those who like it. Probably because of difficultiiies in tuning the three drivers -- although the result isn't incoherent at all. Just odd.
Agree about they need power juice to wake up properly. On spring 1 though, a bit unnatural timbre is just about that cloth mesh damper on the grill, once removed timbre sounds very natural

Oct 30, 2019 at 9:44 PM Post #27,863 of 33,689
Yeah I agree with all the folks here about their impressions of Piezos.

That's the thing about the ****, which has a piezo driver taking care of the treble range. A lot of folks are just driving them out of smartphones or low end sources, which on paper seems to be able to drive the **** (specs: 32 ohms impedance, sensitivity of 110 db/mW). But then they complain that the treble is not detailed and not bright and is lacking in dynamics. IMHO amping will really give the piezos juice to shine for the ****.
Unfortunately, amping didn't fix the timbre issues of the ****, but I'm quite looking forward to the release of its successor, the **** Pro.

Oct 30, 2019 at 10:21 PM Post #27,864 of 33,689
@DynamicEars Thanks for you impressions on Spring 1. I noticed you have CCA C10. I have them too. How do you find this two in comparison. Also how far Spring 1 from IER M7? And is this really that simple just to remove cloth grill to make that much difference?
Thank you.

Oct 30, 2019 at 11:48 PM Post #27,866 of 33,689
@DynamicEars Thanks for you impressions on Spring 1. I noticed you have CCA C10. I have them too. How do you find this two in comparison. Also how far Spring 1 from IER M7? And is this really that simple just to remove cloth grill to make that much difference?
Thank you.

CCA C10 while quite smooth for KZ/CCA, they have mid bass bleed, slight emphasize on 2.5khz, but they dont have the resolution, dynamic, soundstage, details as on Spring 1. I even much prefer BLON BL-03 by much. Spring 1 have more resolution, clarity, better timbre, better bass articulation and decay, but you have to find the correct eartips, and turns out wide bore with shallow nozzle to be best to be paired with. And after removing cloth mesh below the grill, clarity is exceptional and suddenly the timbre become so natural. I have to admit, previously i write timbre is same with blon on ootb Spring 1, but after some sessions BLON is more natural @baskingshark but after cloth removal, everything changed like day and night, its much different in almost all area. Bass no longer bloated and messy, mids become so clear, soundstage become much more natural (previously they have good or bad larger than life / gimmick surround effect) with same width. The only negative so far is more prone to sibilance, but I found them still very safe for me (im a treble sensitive and prefer rolled off treble hence i pick M7 rather than M9). But @kukkurovaca experienced sibilances from his story. Im using silver plated cable, neutral DAC DAPs, also with usb DAC sonata HD also very much safe. And i like to listen in high volume.

vs M7, soundstage maybe around same width, but imaging and layering on M7 is sooo good that hard to beat or catch up (they are so precise, i like them more than Andromeda and sub bass - bass area also). But of course M7 is like 5 times pricier (or maybe 4 with discounted price). Separation also better in M7, clarity is the one that Spring 1 can hold off against M7 after cloth mesh removal and details also not far behind the M7. So for the price I found Spring 1 really hold great value, like BLON in their class segment.

Do you like your C16? I cant compare directly but my memory of impressions about C16 is detail monster but its harsher, and much brighter. Take it with grain of salt of course

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2019 at 11:55 PM Post #27,867 of 33,689
I have a question. Does the sony eartips that was included on their earphones product like the MDR-EX155AP/MDR-EX150 considered as a sony hybrid eartips? I had a few pairs & if it was, I want to save some money to not buy a new pair.

Oct 31, 2019 at 12:00 AM Post #27,868 of 33,689
I have a question. Does the sony eartips that was included on their earphones product like the MDR-EX155AP/MDR-EX150 considered as a sony hybrid eartips? I had a few pairs & if it was, I want to save some money to not buy a new pair.

Thats sony hybrid silicone, yes they are silicone basically, they just named it hybrid silicones. The other ones like foamy one they called it Triple Comfort

Oct 31, 2019 at 12:10 AM Post #27,869 of 33,689
Thats sony hybrid silicone, yes they are silicone basically, they just named it hybrid silicones. The other ones like foamy one they called it Triple Comfort
Thanks for the info. I was a bit confused because when I searched on google it came out the normal black/white tip with colouring at nozzle bit so I thought it might be different.

Oct 31, 2019 at 12:15 AM Post #27,870 of 33,689
Thanks for the info. I was a bit confused because when I searched on google it came out the normal black/white tip with colouring at nozzle bit so I thought it might be different.

Its just the same, the one included in MDR 155 /150 is new version or v2 of hybrid silicone, even the flagship $2300 sony Z1R also included that eartips. I also use that eartips for my M7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back