Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 1, 2016 at 8:56 AM Post #2,251 of 33,689
  Anyone gonna order the Moondrop IX?? Peaking my interest
rolleyes.gif

have ordered and on the road
wink.gif

Nov 1, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #2,252 of 33,689
@jescereal, yeah I'm still McLovin those DZ9's. No problems so far and the sound continues to impress. A little mid centric and nothing seems out of place. Treble is not artificially enhanced and well extended. It's not really a treble head iem although there's nothing wrong with its treble. More of a mids or instrument separation / soundstage whore iem.
I have read my review again and don't wanna change any of it.
There's a lot of options at this price point but an 8 + 1 without sonic problems (to my ears)
Is balls to the wall if you like it's signature.

Nov 1, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #2,257 of 33,689
Hello, I stumbled across this thread and thought I’d see if anyone had any recommendations for a universal IEM. It would be for commuting only and so I want something with very high isolation – deep fit and will take foam tips.

In terms of sound I would like a dynamic sound with enhanced bass and treble (more treble focus than bass) and clear vocals especially female.  It doesn’t matter if the sound is fatiguing as it will only be for commuting not long listening sessions.

I would say isolation is the priority so I’m willing to take a slight hit on sound quality, though obviously the best sound possible.  No real budget limit.  Thanks for any recommendations.
Nothing specific but try to find a BA only IEM, 2 BA and up should give you what you need.

Nov 1, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #2,258 of 33,689
I don't know about Series 1 but Series 5 and KZ ZST have the same shell shape.

All the same shell but those have a circle accent piece on the outside, the Series 1/1S are smooth like these ZST

Anybody here have experience with these VJJB K4 iem,,,,  any impressions ,,, ,, 

Warm with punchy bass and good detail. I just found male vocals a little too thick for my tastes.

Nov 1, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #2,259 of 33,689
Hello, I stumbled across this thread and thought I’d see if anyone had any recommendations for a universal IEM. It would be for commuting only and so I want something with very high isolation – deep fit and will take foam tips.

In terms of sound I would like a dynamic sound with enhanced bass and treble (more treble focus than bass) and clear vocals especially female.  It doesn’t matter if the sound is fatiguing as it will only be for commuting not long listening sessions.

I would say isolation is the priority so I’m willing to take a slight hit on sound quality, though obviously the best sound possible.  No real budget limit.  Thanks for any recommendations.
theres two suggestions I have for you, although both not V-Shaped they have lovely treble and mids.
Read the reviews on the etymotic hf3/5 and the VE Duke. The Duke comes with different cables, the duo 3.5mm is a bit unwieldy for on the go but I think it comes in a single cable version of using single ended. Both are tiny for deep insertion for isolation.

Nov 1, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #2,261 of 33,689
Got my **** 4in1. Loving it OOTB with Comply foams, black cable. Seems like I can handle treble better than I thought. Love the details in the upper range but also enjoying the lows with electronic music. Still have to test them out with male and female voices though. So far for me pretty good and I love the way they look.

Nov 1, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #2,262 of 33,689
theres two suggestions I have for you, although both not V-Shaped they have lovely treble and mids.
Read the reviews on the etymotic hf3/5 and the VE Duke. The Duke comes with different cables, the duo 3.5mm is a bit unwieldy for on the go but I think it comes in a single cable version of using single ended. Both are tiny for deep insertion for isolation.

Thanks. I've heard the Etymotics and they weren't for me. I'll look into the Duke. My only concern is it seems vented and so the isolation would be affected.

Nov 1, 2016 at 4:16 PM Post #2,263 of 33,689
Thanks. I've heard the Etymotics and they weren't for me. I'll look into the Duke. My only concern is it seems vented and so the isolation would be affected.

I know you said you preferred universals, but I would at least take a look at the Custom Art Music One. It's a fairly inexpensive silicone CIEM that sounds amazing for the money. The isolation you get with it as well is mind blowing, even if you've never gotten any sort of CIEM before, I'd heavily consider it as it sounds like it would fill what you are looking for fairly well.

Nov 1, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #2,264 of 33,689
I know you said you preferred universals, but I would at least take a look at the Custom Art Music One. It's a fairly inexpensive silicone CIEM that sounds amazing for the money. The isolation you get with it as well is mind blowing, even if you've never gotten any sort of CIEM before, I'd heavily consider it as it sounds like it would fill what you are looking for fairly well.

Thanks I already own a Custom Art product which I use for home listening and its great. For some reason, I get better isolation from universals with deep fit and foam tips than customs. I must have funny ear canals. That's why I'm looking for a universal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back