Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jan 19, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #21,467 of 33,689
They may sound better but they sure as heck don't look as good. Looks like they took their color inspiration from breakfast.

img17647.1426x713.jpg

20190120_012219.jpg

just change the tips to other color. now you can make it like a boiled egg

Jan 19, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #21,469 of 33,689
Finally got some time to do the compares. Here is the NiceHck M6 with tips rolled first, and filters rolled 2nd. Shows the potential for tuning the M6. All of the Filter runs were done with the Stock tips but all tests were done with the same after-market cable.

Tip Compare
Stock vs Auvio Wide Bore
Stock vs Auvio Wide bore.jpg

Stock vs Whirlwind
Stock vs Whirlwind.jpg

Stock vs Spinfit Yellow
Stock vs Spinfit.jpg

Stock vs Comply Foam
Stock vs Comply.jpg

Filter Comparisons
Stock Filters
Stock Filters.jpg

LZ A6 Filters

BLUE
Blue.jpg

Black
Black.jpg

Red
Red.jpg

Gold
Gold.jpg

Gunmetal
GunMetal.jpg

Magenta
Magenta.jpg

Navy
Navy.jpg

Silver
Silver.jpg

Violet
Violet.jpg

BGVP Vented Filter
Vented.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #21,470 of 33,689
Just received my SONY MH755 today (too) from Ebay. But the serial/production date numbers don't match. According to the other thread with the taobao picture it is clearly a fake. Although it has ghost numbers on the lable too, but these numbers don't match anything either. ("1264-8132"). I made a claim for a refund at Ebay, will see what the seller says about it.
MH755_fake_c.jpg

Jan 19, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #21,471 of 33,689
Where did You bought it from? So others can avoid fakes.
I`m still waiting my white one from eBay.

Jan 19, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #21,472 of 33,689
Im also interested of MH755.

Jan 19, 2019 at 6:18 PM Post #21,473 of 33,689
So I received a defective unit of TRN BT20 from Ali Express (seller: NiceHCK Audio Store) yesterday. I immediately contacted Jim at the NiceHCK store and explained to him about the defect and even attached a video. He asked me to ship it back to China using a registered post with tracking for a refund. Since I've never shipped anything to China, I wondered about the return shipping cost and asked Jim about this. I haven't heard back from him yet, but AliExpress sent me an email saying that my dispute has been solved & I should send back the item within 9 days for a refund. I paid $28 for it and it doesn't make sense if I have to pay close to this amount for return shipping.

Anyone has any advice on how to deal with a situation like this?

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2019 at 6:32 PM Post #21,474 of 33,689
The seller's name was "lovinstar88". It was described as genuine "Original Sony MH755 Kopfhörer für SBH20 SBH50 SBH52 Bluetooth Xperia Z2 Z3 Z4". But I don't believe so. I've bought another pair from a German seller (a white/green one), hopefully more luck this time.
Somebody knows a cheap source for 2-pin in-ear sockets as KZ uses? I've found them at AliExpress and some 0.78mm at eBay, but outrageously high prices for such a small part, even the shipping is much more expensive than anything else. I would like to change some headphones to removable cable. In terms of prices, it would be almost cheaper to buy the cheapest KZ with removable cable just to salvage the jacks.
HTB1p3XdnBDH8KJjSszcq6zDTFXaT.jpg

Jan 19, 2019 at 6:43 PM Post #21,475 of 33,689
The seller's name was "lovinstar88". It was described as genuine "Original Sony MH755 Kopfhörer für SBH20 SBH50 SBH52 Bluetooth Xperia Z2 Z3 Z4". But I don't believe so. I've bought another pair from a German seller (a white/green one), hopefully more luck this time.
Somebody knows a cheap source for 2-pin in-ear sockets as KZ uses? I've found them at AliExpress and some 0.78mm at eBay, but outrageously high prices for such a small part, even the shipping is much more expensive than anything else. I would like to change some headphones to removable cable. In terms of prices, it would be almost cheaper to buy the cheapest KZ with removable cable just to salvage the jacks.

I have exactly the same problem. The only solution has been using MMCX - much cheaper female parts, especially in bulk, lets say 5 pairs. The only IEM that uses 2 pin that might be worth it as a source for female 2 pin is KZ ZS3 when on sale - I saw it go for as as low as 3-4$ with free shipping, but this is rare and most of the time it is more expensive.

Jan 19, 2019 at 6:43 PM Post #21,476 of 33,689
Just received my SONY MH755 today! This is one way to find out they're not fake Sony's. The tags has ghost numbers imprinted on the label. Just rotate the label and inspect it closely you'll see it!

Look at my pictures closely...then compare it with yours. :spy:

Here are more PIC's on my original extension SONY cable, which was a separate purchase several years ago...

SONY MH755

-Clear

Nice job Clear!

Jan 19, 2019 at 9:41 PM Post #21,477 of 33,689
Can someone repost the link for inspecting MH755 's for fakes? I've looked and can't locate the post that covered it.

Jan 19, 2019 at 9:55 PM Post #21,479 of 33,689
CCA C16 look like it could be a good cheap 8BA Chi-Fi if all the BAs are real Knowles. It has two 22955 low frequency BAs like the Moondrop A8. DM6 has one 22955.
*I had to look up the cost of the BAs in the C16 on Mouser. The total cost for the all the BAs is around $100, how are they even selling these thing at around $100?
They aren't using real knowles, but cheaper knockoffs. I could be wrong, but I believe they're using the Bellsing versions patterned after Knowles drivers.
Edit* Sorry about piling on. I responded as soon as I read your comment, and now see several others had also commented as well. I guess getting behind on a thread and reading several pages at once to try and catch up, can have it's negatives, haha. Cheers friend!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back