Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 10, 2018 at 6:40 PM Post #20,521 of 33,689
Instead of spending so much on multiple expensive IEMs, why are you not using some of that money to upgrade your source? You have been talking for months, in multiple threads, about almost every good IEM having thin mids. Plus you have said that you don't listen to music but your use is for movies and anime. For that use I think you might find what you are looking for with a good earbud... I mean a GOOD one .. not what comes free with phones.
But it's not quite like that though... I'll tell you why because alot of these iems have low impedance which run perfectly on my phone. Not every iem sounds thin of course for example the tfz queen, secret garden, ostry kc07, kc09 and oriolus finschi they all sound good for vocals but either have recessed mids or lacking in soundstage. Everyone is in search for that perfect sound they desire. Also, I am generally free at nights so i tend not to watch stuff on tv as it will disturb my family.

Dec 10, 2018 at 6:48 PM Post #20,522 of 33,689
But it's not quite like that though... I'll tell you why because alot of these iems have low impedance which run perfectly on my phone. Not every iem sounds thin of course for example the tfz queen, secret garden, ostry kc07, kc09 and oriolus finschi they all sound good for vocals but either have recessed mids or lacking in soundstage. Everyone is in search for that perfect sound they desire. Also, I am generally free at nights so i tend not to watch stuff on tv as it will disturb my family.

have you tried the B5+? there's no recessed mids on that. soundstage is also good.

Dec 10, 2018 at 7:10 PM Post #20,523 of 33,689
So my TRN BT20 showed up today (ordered during 11.11).

Initial impressions:

The packaging is a step up from the average TRN product. The split charging cable is slick.

The BT20 themselves appear to be well built.

They are very low latency; perfectly usable with movies and videos from my iPhone.

The fit is quite comfortable (even with glasses). I have not had them long enough to know the battery life on a full charge yet. I also have not made any phone calls with them, so I don't know how well they'll fare with the microphones being behind the ear. I suspect below average microphone performance, but I won't care either way because I bought them for the purpose of listening to music totally wirelessly.

The range is excellent. I was able to walk from my basement (where my phone was) all the way to my car parked on the street outside my house with no hiccup or drop at all.

So far I've tried them with the KZ ZS4, KZ ZSN, BQEYZ K2, BQEYZ KB1, and an aluminum quad driver IEM. I do plan on trying them with some more IEMs, to see which have the best synergy.

So far the standout pairing is with the KZ ZSN. The BT20 has no trouble driving the ZSN (as loud as I want to go), and the plug fits tightly (and looks fine). They sound great with the ZSN (I am assuming my iPhone is using AAC mode).

Best ChiFi product I've bought in 2 years. The BT20 has made my other bluetooth IEM gear obsolete - Meizu EP52, multiple KZ bluetooth cable iterations, TRN BT3, TRN BT10, and the Xiaomi bluetooth adapter (however I will still use them for earbuds and full size headphones).

Dec 10, 2018 at 7:14 PM Post #20,524 of 33,689

Have you tried the HiFi Unicorn Z? It perfectly fits the bill, based on the characteristics you're describing. It's hard to get right now though, but it should be much more available the day after today :wink:

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2018 at 9:32 PM Post #20,526 of 33,689
Thanks for your help... would you rate the vocals on those as good as your moondrop Kanas and er4xr? Also how does the soundstage compare to your dm6?

different mids/vocals presentations. they all have similar "a more forward mids" but the B5+ have a fatter and warmer mid tone while the Kanas and ER4XR are similarly thinner and leaner on the mids.

B5+ have a more intimate music placement, but you can clearly hear the room size/reverb information, while the DM6 is more like listening a few rows back in a nice large room size

Dec 10, 2018 at 9:40 PM Post #20,527 of 33,689
Have you tried the HiFi Unicorn Z? It perfectly fits the bill, based on the characteristics you're describing. It's hard to get right now though, but it should be much more available the day after today :wink:
Nah... I already tried those. I bought it the day before tomorrow and must say that the vocals were thin, recessed and the soundstage was horrible coming off my phone so I had to immediately give them back. :wink:

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2018 at 4:04 AM Post #20,529 of 33,689
My review of Shozy & NEO CP. My favorite of multiple BA drivers. Sound even, smooth, detailed and accurate.
My website: LINK
HeadFI: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/shozy-neo-cp.23362/reviews

_DSC8968.jpg

Dec 11, 2018 at 12:07 PM Post #20,530 of 33,689
VJJB K4S, UiiSii HM7 and I-Into i8 are on their way to me. This is addicting "hobby". Im also planning to get MusicMaker TK12 for christmas. :p

Dec 11, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #20,531 of 33,689
Just received my ZS6, QianYun Qian69 and Zishan DSD arrived from 11:11.

ZS6 are miles better than the ZS10 I received but still a bit lacking compared to the BQEYZ KC2 in refinement. Might need a bit of burn in, we'll see. Bass is definitely more upfront than the KC2.

DSD is a crazy dap but it's very powerful and seems to be pretty decent all around though it takes some while to work out how to control everything.

Dec 11, 2018 at 1:35 PM Post #20,533 of 33,689
VJJB K4S, UiiSii HM7 and I-Into i8 are on their way to me. This is addicting "hobby". Im also planning to get MusicMaker TK12 for christmas. :p

Not sure if you knew, but the K4 and K4S are the same thing. The S is just if you want the microphone cable (on all VJJB IEMs, such as V1, K4, C1, K1, etc).

I figured I’d throw that out there, since many people want mic-less cables.

Dec 11, 2018 at 4:01 PM Post #20,534 of 33,689
Hey Guys,

I'm considering purchasing a pair of Chinese earphones, trying to find the sweet spot of price->performance. There are so many options, and I have no clue what to do. I currently have the Tin T2's, and really like them, but was wondering if I could get more resolution and soundstage for not much more money. A little bit bass elevation, and smooth midrange with a bit treble sparkle, similar to the Hifiman RE2000 would be my sound preference. Any ideas? Thanks guys!

Dec 11, 2018 at 4:04 PM Post #20,535 of 33,689

The UiiSii HM7 are one of my favourites. I used to sleep with them in, plugged into my phone, so I could hear the alarm in the morning. They also sound quite good. I couldn't perceive much in the way of soundstage from them, but a pretty good amount of detail. I quite enjoyed it for vocals and classical music in particular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back