Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 25, 2018 at 1:47 PM Post #19,126 of 33,689
I got the same message some hours ago. I indeed made a BGVP DM6 preorder, but now I think I won't complete the payment. I tried my luck but as the time passes I'm feeling more and more suspicious. I'll be ordering from Penon instead.

Getting a refund from PP is easier than you think. but anyway.. Why the hassle of refunding the money through paypal instead of just cancelling the Aliexpress order?

The paypal refund is too fishy in my opinion and I see reports online where ppl accept the payment for "goods and services" and ali seller reports they did not receive the item/service the payment was supposed to deliver. Payments outside are out of aliexpress' hands so I have opened aliexpress dispute to request full refund.

Oct 25, 2018 at 2:15 PM Post #19,127 of 33,689
Agreed. The fit on the Bros (and the other clones of it) are a PITA.

I hope you mean PITE because otherwise you're inserting them into the wrong "intake."

Oct 25, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #19,128 of 33,689
The paypal refund is too fishy in my opinion and I see reports online where ppl accept the payment for "goods and services" and ali seller reports they did not receive the item/service the payment was supposed to deliver. Payments outside are out of aliexpress' hands so I have opened aliexpress dispute to request full refund.
This is exactly the kind of scam I'm referring to .

Oct 25, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #19,129 of 33,689
This is exactly the kind of scam I'm referring to .
So is this seller completely untrustworthy, or is this only an issue when their dropshipping when it doesn't come through? Do they normally do ok? I want the dm6, and don't care about the wait.... And would just refuse the PP refund idea....

Oct 25, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #19,130 of 33,689
So is this seller completely untrustworthy, or is this only an issue when their dropshipping when it doesn't come through? Do they normally do ok? I want the dm6, and don't care about the wait.... And would just refuse the PP refund idea....
I genuinely don't know. It's my first time ordering from them.. I'm going to cancel the preorder and buy it from a reputable seller like penon.

Oct 25, 2018 at 8:34 PM Post #19,133 of 33,689
Oct 26, 2018 at 1:53 AM Post #19,134 of 33,689
And it arrived. The DIY Planar Magnetic IEM from Taobao - https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=573214872041

OOTB, the sound signature is very neutral, and it has that bump in the 3khz to 4khz region. Treble is linear and non fatiguing. Bass on the other hand is neutral, its not elevated and some people may find it disappointing. Its basically a single BA type and level of bass, very flat. They are also open back, there is a small hole near the MMCX connector. Mids are lush, warm in tone, and very clear. This will go for a 150 hour burn in. After that then I will do my impressions.

IMG_4259.jpeg IMG_4260.jpeg

Oct 26, 2018 at 3:29 AM Post #19,135 of 33,689
I've been wondering about this one. No one has really mentioned it. Be sure to let us know what you think when it arrives!

I've also been wondering about the Tennmak Orca. I haven't seen a single word uttered about that on HeadFi.

The OM1 are not bad! Relaxed treble, preceding mids and lots of bass, but not always the cleanest. But i would say that would be work as monitor for drummer or bassists.

Oct 26, 2018 at 3:34 AM Post #19,136 of 33,689
This suddenly vanished from Ali

upload_2018-10-26_13-4-16.png

Oct 26, 2018 at 3:43 AM Post #19,137 of 33,689
Has anyone got anything on the TenHZ P4 Pro? I'm waiting for mine and I want to know more about them. HBB went from recommending them to silently removing them from his list with a vague explanation. TechManZ uploaded a fairly negative review and then took it down. No one seems to talk about them anymore. What happened? I'm really worried because 120$ is quite an investment for me. I know I shouldn't be just blindly pulling the trigger, but HBB's ( and some other people's here ) early impressions were quite positive.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018 at 3:50 AM Post #19,138 of 33,689
Has anyone got anything on the TenHZ P4 Pro? I'm waiting for mine and I want to know more about them. HBB went from recommending them to silently removing them from his list with a vague explanation. TechManZ uploaded a fairly negative review and then took it down. No one seems to talk about them anymore. What happened? I'm really worried because 120$ is quite an investment for me. I know I shouldn't be just blindly pulling the trigger, but HBB's ( and some other people's here ) early impressions were quite positive.

There's one impression of it comparing with DMG a few pages back. HBB's main reason of removing it from top 5 is because the bass does not react to eq due to driver limitation.

Can't go wrong with TenHZ p4 pro as it is quite a good earphone.

I was also thinking of getting the TenHZ p4 pro or the DMG but decided to get DMG instead as I am able to get them at a cheaper price.

Oct 26, 2018 at 3:58 AM Post #19,139 of 33,689
There's one impression of it comparing with DMG a few pages back.
Okay, yeah, I see it now. Someone even posted some measurements. The graph looks quite good, kinda flat right up to the upper mids.

aspire5550 said:
HBB's main reason of removing it from top 5 is because the bass does not react to eq due to driver limitation.
I don't EQ whatsoever ( the iPhone SE doesn't have that functionality, lol ). So if I don't EQ them, they're fine?

This is supposed to be my last IEM purchase for a while, I want it to be at least bearable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back