Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 1, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #17,656 of 33,689
so why are you quoting me telling me not to worry when i was talking for the new tweeters not for the 100khz comment, did you quote the wrong person?

i'm so sorry, pardon my mistake.

With the Electrostat tweeter, where is the energizer going to be stored? The problem I see is we now have to either have a powered headphone, (which is either heavy or needs frequent charges) or a cable that provides signal and power to the electrostats and is thus proprietary and limits options. I am obviously for any advance in sound quality, but if it is at the expense of portability, they may have limited utility.

with these things built in, powering the iem
https://www.weibo.com/ttarticle/p/show?id=2309404278868461644048&is_hot=1#_0

6TzXtJFzP8Cy0XCsBc4iX_11ku_8657FvqN6-9JbNcV4ivJpBgR9DmophI32RFwy_K4Uq1Ra0SBLkxWZzQ=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

Sep 1, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #17,657 of 33,689
Sep 1, 2018 at 1:41 PM Post #17,658 of 33,689
i'm so sorry, pardon my mistake.

with these things built in, powering the iem
https://www.weibo.com/ttarticle/p/show?id=2309404278868461644048&is_hot=1#_0

6TzXtJFzP8Cy0XCsBc4iX_11ku_8657FvqN6-9JbNcV4ivJpBgR9DmophI32RFwy_K4Uq1Ra0SBLkxWZzQ=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

If the tweeter itself is roughly the size of a BA Package, that still makes that roughly 7-8 times the size of a Single BA, will make for a tight fit inside a shell. Admittedly, the image may not be to scale. I'll be interested to see more as they release the product. I wonder if this was designed more for hearing aids or music. There for a long time most of Sonion's research was aimed more at hearing aids than in-ears.

Sep 1, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #17,659 of 33,689
Just bought the tfz queen's, tin audio T2 and a highly rated banned iem for a total of £130. I've definitely stepped out of my budget this time but man do some of these iems get into your head, especially on sale week!
Please compare all your iems once you get them with the it01? When can you expect your iems to arrive ?

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #17,660 of 33,689
If the tweeter itself is roughly the size of a BA Package, that still makes that roughly 7-8 times the size of a Single BA, will make for a tight fit inside a shell. Admittedly, the image may not be to scale. I'll be interested to see more as they release the product. I wonder if this was designed more for hearing aids or music. There for a long time most of Sonion's research was aimed more at hearing aids than in-ears.
look at their site, is for music only

Why the Electrostatic Tweeter?
Electrostatic technology

The ultralight moving membrane used in electrostatic speakers gives the most accurate transient response. This results in unmatched clarity and detail.

Small size
No need for big products to create the best sound... The Electrostatic Tweeter allows for a true in-ear electrostatic earphone.

Excellent sound quality
It simply sounds great. The earphones have a nice “effortless” sound quality to it. The smoother harmonics of the tweeter make even the mid sound really good.

Less components needed
With the Electrostatic Tweeter no external amplifier is required.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #17,661 of 33,689
Please compare all your iems once you get them with the it01? When can you expect your iems to arrive ?
I will do and I'm not sure about Ali express delivery because last time it took 10 days whereas it was supposed to be between 20-40. Also, I don't currently have the it01s but i have listened to them way more then enough to have the sound locked down in my head.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #17,662 of 33,689
look at their site, is for music only

Why the Electrostatic Tweeter?
Electrostatic technology

The ultralight moving membrane used in electrostatic speakers gives the most accurate transient response. This results in unmatched clarity and detail.

Small size
No need for big products to create the best sound... The Electrostatic Tweeter allows for a true in-ear electrostatic earphone.

Excellent sound quality
It simply sounds great. The earphones have a nice “effortless” sound quality to it. The smoother harmonics of the tweeter make even the mid sound really good.

Less components needed
With the Electrostatic Tweeter no external amplifier is required.

None of that isnt relevant to hearing aids too when you think about it. Hearinig aids tend to have a large bump in the 2kHz range since that helps bring vocals forward, but otherwise they use many of the same drivers as Iems. Almost all of Knowles and Sonions developement budget used to go to the hearing aid side of the house as that was their biggest money maker.

Sep 1, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #17,664 of 33,689
the whole point of that electret tweeter is to reproduce clean and very extended treble, that's it, electret drivers can do that in very smooth and like they are saying in their site "effortless way"
i have electret dynamic hybrid and the treble is just like that, very different from balanced armature or dynamic drivers treble
but hey, if they are gonna use them for hearing aids great, i just think that technology will be best for music reproduction

Sep 1, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #17,665 of 33,689
Almost all of Knowles and Sonions developement budget used to go to the hearing aid side of the house as that was their biggest money maker.

Exactly. The 2 are closely intertwined. As hearing aide technology improves, it benefits the audio side. As the audio side improves, it benefits hearing aids.

Sure, the target frequencies are different, but the underlying technology is shared and beneficial to one another.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2018 at 9:12 AM Post #17,666 of 33,689
If I have the King Pro and Queen, would you recommend the Secret Garden or is it more of the same? Would love to try it, but don't want to spend that much on a duplicate.

Sep 2, 2018 at 9:22 AM Post #17,667 of 33,689
If I have the King Pro and Queen, would you recommend the Secret Garden or is it more of the same? Would love to try it, but don't want to spend that much on a duplicate.
If you need a stronger bass performance!

Sep 2, 2018 at 9:25 AM Post #17,669 of 33,689
If you need a stronger bass performance!

Wow, tough call as I never found the other two lacking. By stronger, do you just mean more forward or more controlled?

Sep 2, 2018 at 9:32 AM Post #17,670 of 33,689
Out of the king pro and queens, which one has the better vocal performance?

To me, the Queen is voiced better for straight vocal music. I listen to several A cappella groups (Home Free, Pentatonix etc) so that is what I am using for reference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back