Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jul 28, 2018 at 8:27 AM Post #16,816 of 33,689
Are the tin audio t5(t3 don't know exactly...) Ever getting launched ?

I hope to be able to grab this t2pro as a backup for t2. So i am afraid they ruin anything. Just a tad more bass, with little less medium highs would be perfect. The most important thing i see in the t2 is how clear and open they are. So i don't know if my wish would ruin that as well.

Jul 28, 2018 at 8:28 AM Post #16,817 of 33,689
I was looks my for same, replacement for my broken DN1000. After long path of different IEMs (probably I should just get DUNUs lol) I've got FiiO FH1.
I was considering IT01 as they are widely recommended but not available where I am ATM.
I had F9 non-pro before, they were good, but not brilliant. Couldn't fell in love with them.

FH1 just grabbed me by my balls and kept holding until I screamed 'I love you'

I am very happy to read that as i am getting this Fiio soon.

Jul 29, 2018 at 1:47 AM Post #16,819 of 33,689
The many faced E-mi ci880, alwup upc630, timkoo c630, malloom, etc.
I found this iem at various ali sellers with a huge price discrepancy ranging from 16-25$. Are they all legit? Why some sell it almost 9$ cheaper than others? Or cheaper=more chance of fake?
If you're worried about fakes, stop buying anything and everything on Chinese websites. It's such a bad problem that everything could be fake. Stick to North American websites or stop worrying so much about it. There's not much people in other parts of the world can do. It's really up to the Chinese. A copy (a product influenced by another) is also potentially a fake but usually not.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #16,820 of 33,689
If you're worried about fakes, stop buying anything and everything on Chinese websites. It's such a bad problem that everything could be fake. Stick to North American websites or stop worrying so much about it. There's not much people in other parts of the world can do. It's really up to the Chinese. A copy (a product influenced by another) is also potentially a fake but usually not.
Usually, they are all legit, I never had a problem. I'd look at the number of sales and the seller's rating (should be above 98%)...reputable sellers tend to sell more of a given item.

Jul 29, 2018 at 1:35 PM Post #16,821 of 33,689
The bigger problem is with patronizing companies that are not abiding by copyright and intellectual property laws. As examples, we all know KZ just plain stole the shell design for the Zs6 from Campfire audio and Superlux has made direct clones of both AKG and Beyerdynamics products. None of us mistake the Zs5 or Zs6 for a Campfire product or the HD660 for a DT770, but when we purchase these items we are encouraging companies to continue to steal other's intellectual property as we are rewarding them financially for doing so. Both Knowles and Sonion have on-going litigation against Chinese manufacturers for patent infringement and at one point Sonion had ask the US Customs department to block all importation of products containing infringing materials. Not sure if that case has been resolved or if it is still in process.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #16,822 of 33,689
The bigger problem is with patronizing companies that are not abiding by copyright and intellectual property laws. As examples, we all know KZ just plain stole the shell design for the Zs6 from Campfire audio and Superlux has made direct clones of both AKG and Beyerdynamics products. None of us mistake the Zs5 or Zs6 for a Campfire product or the HD660 for a DT770, but when we purchase these items we are encouraging companies to continue to steal others intellectual property as we are rewarding them financially for doing so. Both Knowles and Sonion have on-going litigation against Chinese manufacturers for patent infringement and at one point Sonion had ask the US Customs department to block all importation of products containing infringing materials. Not sure if that case has been resolved or if it is still in process.
As a regular consumer of Chinese products, what you say might be true, but I still have no idea if it is. My job isn't to get into trade wars over who owns what because that makes buying something too complicated considering I'm in Canada and far away from China where I could do more research to see if something is fake, copied or whatever the case may be. Good luck getting average consumers like myself to spend their time trying everything they can to see if a product is fake before we buy it. It's really almost impossible in the scope of buying something for a couple dollars. I'm not a huge spender and what I buy is usually under $50 and I don't buy very often either.

You're saying that KZ copied this and that and this and that, does the average consumer care? Sure, but do we really want to do the research to see if what you say is true or not? I sure don't. I have enough things that I should be doing already and I probably won't buy the headphones they copied anyway if they did do that. I don't buy very many things. It's really up to online marketplaces and governments to do their due diligence in seeing if something is copyright stolen or not, not the consumer.

Besides, everything I buy in North America could be copyright stolen. This isn't a Chinese problem, it's every country. Do consumers want to spend our lives checking to see if something has partially or fully been 'stolen'? Hell no.

That's the same reason why I'll never be a Vegan, you have to check to make sure everything you do, eat and wear attributes to Vegan principles. I don't have the brain power to be more ethical in terms of being Vegan but I can be almost a Vegan, just not 100%. The same goes for copyrighted products, I can try and stay away from some of them as best as I can, but there's no way I'll spend my whole life researching what is and what isn't. As I said before, that's not a consumer's full-time job, that's the governments of every countries job and they get paid for it too, the consumer does not.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #16,823 of 33,689
This isn't a Chinese problem, it's every country.

Actually it’s very much a Chinese problem. The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) has adopted a strategy of getting access to foreign intellectual property by copying, luring key individuals, infringing patents, requiring that foreign companies hand over IP in order to gain access to Chinese market etc. By not enforcing its own local rules or international law (as in the case of KZ) it gains a macroeconomic competitive advantage over competitors that do enforce the rules.

As for consumers making up for this - yeah it’s not going to happen to any significant degree. More likely we’ll see further increasing complaints and counter-complaints to the WTO, a series of trade wars (as is already happening between US and China with more countries set to follow) and new rules and possibly powers allotted to the WTO.

EDIT: this strategy currently followed by China is called Trade Mercantilism and it was very popular among the European powers up to the 18th century or so. It fell out of favour partially because this kind of aggressive strategy caused many wars to break out between competing nations. China has been able to get away with this up to now because it had a unique combination of desirable, cheap exports and a vast untapped market.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #16,824 of 33,689
Actually it’s very much a Chinese problem. The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) has adopted a strategy of getting access to foreign intellectual property by copying, luring key individuals, infringing patents, requiring that foreign companies hand over IP in order to gain access to Chinese market etc. By not enforcing its own local rules or international law (as in the case of KZ) it gains a macroeconomic competitive advantage over competitors that do enforce the rules.

As for consumers making up for this - yeah it’s not going to happen to any significant degree. More likely we’ll see further increasing complaints and counter-complaints to the WTO, a series of trade wars (as is already happening between US and China with more countries set to follow) and new rules and possibly powers allotted to the WTO.

EDIT: this strategy currently followed by China is called Trade Mercantilism and it was very popular among the European powers up to the 18th century or so. It fell out of favour partially because this kind of aggressive strategy caused many wars to break out between competing nations. China has been able to get away with this up to now because it had a unique combination of desirable, cheap exports and a vast untapped market.
Everyone's pretty aware of all of that. It's out of the average consumer's hand unless they are running around on counterfeit websites buying fake goods. Then they are probably going to be in trouble. If there are fake goods on say Amazon, E-Bay or any other American owned (or foreign), it's up to Amazon and E-Bay to put a stop to it, not the average consumer.

I've seen things on Amazon that may be fake or copyrighted goods but since it was on Amazon I thought maybe I was wrong? It's really up to the company making the goods, the manufacturer, the importer or exporter, the various government bodies (and there are many of them), the international bodies like the UN, WTO or any other free trade pact or whatever the case may be.

As you can tell the consumer isn't involved and for good reason, their lives are already complicated as it is. Why should they worry about buying a copyrighted product when they're already trying to pay skyrocketing rents, travel expenses, and food to feed their families?

Worrying about buying a copyrighted product just so some company can make more money when there are already international bodies dealing with these issues (in many different ways) means copyright is a dead issue for most consumers. Why should they be researching one more thing in their complicated lives for free no less when there are people getting paid money just to do this?

This issue is dead out of the water and this will be my last response.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2018 at 4:27 PM Post #16,825 of 33,689
  • KZ vs Campfire
  • Sony vs Audio Technica
  • Sennheiser vs Beyerdynamic
  • BP vs Shell gasoline
  • Coca Cola vs Pepsi
  • Kleenex vs Puffs facial tissues
  • Ford F-150 vs Dodge Ram pickup
  • Honda Accord vs Toyota Camry
  • Craftsman vs Snap On screwdrivers
  • Dewalt vs Makita 18v drill
  • Goodyear vs Yokohama tires
  • Crest vs Colgate toothpaste
  • McDonald’s vs Wendy’s hamburgers
  • Reynolds vs Glad aluminum foil
  • Hefty vs Glad garbage bags
  • Duracell vs Energizer batteries
  • Monster vs Red Bull energy drink
  • Trek vs Specialized bicycles
  • Starbucks vs Panera coffee
  • Sonicare vs Oral B ultrasonic toothbrushes
  • Gorilla vs Duck tape
  • Nike vs Adidas shoes
  • Easton vs Louisville Slugger baseball bats
  • Fruit of the Loom vs Hanes underwear
  • Budweiser vs Coors beer
  • HP vs Dell laptop
The list goes on and on. Everyone steals/borrows/copies ideas from everyone. It’s capitalism in a global economy.

Jul 29, 2018 at 6:54 PM Post #16,826 of 33,689
  • KZ vs Campfire
  • Sony vs Audio Technica
  • BP vs Shell gasoline
  • Coca Cola vs Pepsi
  • Gorilla vs Duck tape
  • Nike vs Adidas shoes
  • HP vs Dell laptop
The list goes on and on. Everyone steals/borrows/copies ideas from everyone. It’s capitalism in a global economy.
Disagree with monster vs. red bull

Jul 29, 2018 at 8:24 PM Post #16,828 of 33,689
  • KZ vs Campfire
  • Sony vs Audio Technica
  • BP vs Shell gasoline
  • Coca Cola vs Pepsi
  • Gorilla vs Duck tape
  • Nike vs Adidas shoes
  • HP vs Dell laptop
...TRN V80 vs Dunu Falcon C...
TRN-V80-2BA-2DD-híbrido-Metal-en-el-auricular-del-oído-IEM-HIFI-DJ-Monito-auriculares.jpg Falcon -C 9-700x700.jpg

Jul 29, 2018 at 9:33 PM Post #16,830 of 33,689

Users who are viewing this thread

Back