Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 17, 2016 at 4:56 AM Post #1,666 of 33,689
Thanks, But I'm confused between UEs and 4in1. Which one will be the best?
Also, my source gears are X1 or X3II.

They're both good, but what's best for you will depend on your own preferences. If you want more bass and brightness then 4in1. If you want a flatter signature then UEs.

The list wasn't in order of preference though. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

(edit: grammar)

Oct 17, 2016 at 5:03 AM Post #1,667 of 33,689

You mean the old one or the carbon fibre one?

Old, I've not heard the new ones yet.

Do they have decent bass or are they bass shy?

Urbanfun have bass but it's measured, sub bass is quite meaty

The 4in1 looks and is ravely reviewed by the people here but to be it seems that it will stick out of the ears quite a bit and i think it might annoy me quite a bit. This DT2 have a slightly more streamlined shell compared to the L shape of the 4in1

DT2 sticks out a further than 4in1.

Oct 17, 2016 at 5:12 AM Post #1,668 of 33,689
The Urbanfun Hifi looks interesting but the creator of audiobudget wrote on his facebook page that compared to the cheap urbanfun hifi sold on aliepress at $20 (not the "urbanfun color"), the one with the metal case at $40-50 has a different sound signature (according to the manifacturer)

Besides, the urbanfun hifi at 89 RMB on taobao has more negative feedbacks than the one with the original packaging at 199 RMB so I wonder if someone has tried both IEM ?

Oct 17, 2016 at 5:16 AM Post #1,669 of 33,689
There both good, but what's best for you will depend on your own preferences. If you want more bass and brightness then 4in1. If you want a flatter signature then UEs.

The list wasn't in order of preference though. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

Thank you very much. I just placed my order & It will probably take a month to deliver. I never used a hybrid before, so let's see how they sound.

Oct 17, 2016 at 5:27 AM Post #1,670 of 33,689
The Urbanfun Hifi looks interesting but the creator of audiobudget wrote on his facebook page that compared to the cheap urbanfun hifi sold on aliepress at $20 (not the "urbanfun color"), the one with the metal case at $40-50 has a different sound signature.

Besides, the urbanfun hifi at 89 RMB on taobao has more negative feedbacks than the one with the original packaging at 199 RMB so I wonder if someone has tried both IEM ?

The ones I have have the full pack i.e. the metal eartips case.

The Urbanfun color I think are just a dynamic, the cut through diagram doesn't show a BA driver.The expanded one does though, very fishy

If you're buying from Ali contact the seller and ask which ones they are. I know HCK have these in now.

Oct 17, 2016 at 5:39 AM Post #1,671 of 33,689
For the bores on the lz a2 and trinity Vyrus I found that spiral dots worked very well.

In my view the good reputation the JVC Spiral dot enjoy is for good reason; it really can help smooth out many IEM units.

In particular, I thought the LZ A2 were a basket case until I tried the spiral dots.  Then I really started liking them.

Although the Spiral Dots fit on the **** 4 in 1; I think I may not get a sound profile that I like on those units by changing tips. 
My suspicion is that the design simply has a 6 to 10 db peak in the upper frequency range that can not be removed by mere mortals.

Oct 17, 2016 at 5:43 AM Post #1,672 of 33,689
I agree with you LZ a2s match with spiral dot and I also change the connector with liton rhodium jack and use cardas tri eutectic as the solder,result the soundstage and instrument seperation improve the mid range more forward

Oct 17, 2016 at 5:57 AM Post #1,673 of 33,689
The Urbanfun Hifi looks interesting but the creator of audiobudget wrote on his facebook page that compared to the cheap urbanfun hifi sold on aliepress at $20 (not the "urbanfun color"), the one with the metal case at $40-50 has a different sound signature.

I have both from taobao, 89 and the 199 RMB! They are the same -Same DD, same BA armature. Both are burned-in way over 200 hours by now.
wink.gif

Oct 17, 2016 at 5:58 AM Post #1,674 of 33,689
There both good, but what's best for you will depend on your own preferences. If you want more bass and brightness then 4in1. If you want a flatter signature then UEs.

Can you list them in your order of preference? :)

Oct 17, 2016 at 6:15 AM Post #1,675 of 33,689

Can you list them in your order of preference? :)

That's like picking your favourite child! 
biggrin.gif

My favourite is probably the Urbanfun as the 4in1 can be a bit fatiguing over long periods, my least favourite is probably the BK50 as it's warmer than the others and I prefer a brighter sound. But that a very personal preference.

Oct 17, 2016 at 6:37 AM Post #1,676 of 33,689

That's like picking your favourite child! 
biggrin.gif

My favourite is probably the Urbanfun as the 4in1 can be a bit fatiguing over long periods, my least favourite is probably the BK50 as it's warmer than the others and I prefer a brighter sound. But that a very personal preference.

You will try new DT2+?

Oct 17, 2016 at 6:39 AM Post #1,677 of 33,689
I have just received Magaosi K1 today and I must say I am very impressed. These may be the first earphone which totally worth the hype because they are great. Not the usual one which get a lot of attention because they are new and because people don't have gear to compare to. They are indeed VERY VERY GOOD. I will rate them better than some Chinese 6 BA IEMs. These guys really now what they are doing. I use the white filters and I for me they are perfect in terms of bass. Vocals are simply outstanding. Some songs sound better with these than with Sony XBA-A3 or even Z5. I have owned both. This is not some **** like Zhiyin QT5 (forgive me but they are horrible).

Oct 17, 2016 at 6:51 AM Post #1,679 of 33,689
I wonder if my A2S was a bad production quality batch. Do your mids bleed into the treble ranges?

I thought that there was too much mid bass bleeding in to other frequencies at first, but as I've listened to them more that seems to have disappeared, whether thats brain burn or real burn in.

I now absolutely love the signature of the a2s.

Lovely bass with good sub bass with more burn in. Massive attack sound fab on these.

Beautiful detailed mids which sound ultra lifelike to me.

The highs to me are smoothed off but extend high and are also really detailed.

The A2S are my favorite iem at the moment, and i knew they would be from reading the commments of others.

It's all about personal preference at the end of the day and that's the beauty of being human. If we all liked the same things, the world would be a boring place!

Oct 17, 2016 at 7:03 AM Post #1,680 of 33,689
  I have just received Magaosi K1 today and I must say I am very impressed. These may be the first earphone which totally worth the hype because they are great. Not the usual one which get a lot of attention because they are new and because people don't have gear to compare to. They are indeed VERY VERY GOOD. I will rate them better than some Chinese 6 BA IEMs. These guys really now what they are doing. I use the white filters and I for me they are perfect in terms of bass. Vocals are simply outstanding. Some songs sound better with these than with Sony XBA-A3 or even Z5. I have owned both. This is not some **** like Zhiyin QT5 (forgive me but they are horrible).

Good to hear. They have my interest and I will buy them at some point (when my wallet lets me).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back