Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 17, 2016 at 2:01 AM Post #1,652 of 33,689
http://rinchoi.blogspot.de/2012/10/the-effect-of-ear-sleeves-vsonic-gr07.html?m=1
On this blog you can find measurements of many iems and for each it has section "effects of ear sleeve's"

But isn't his conclusion only 1 eartip sounds different all the others sound the same? (see comments at the end)

Oct 17, 2016 at 2:08 AM Post #1,653 of 33,689

But isn't his conclusion only 1 eartip sounds different all the others sound the same? (see comments at the end)

Yes but it does show that different eartips can lead to measurable differences in the frequency response plot, unlike burn-in, in which case it doesn't.

Another example - 

http://clarityfidelity.blogspot.sg/2016/08/noble-audio-kaiser-10-universal-new-ver.html

Notice how the high frequency characteristic changes due to the different eartips used. 

Oct 17, 2016 at 2:28 AM Post #1,654 of 33,689
Ok, definitely the DTS PLUS are on my list!

I personally think, **** is the best budget VS cost at the moment......a lot of bang for the buck!  
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 17, 2016 at 2:33 AM Post #1,655 of 33,689
  Yes but it does show that different eartips can lead to measurable differences in the frequency response plot, unlike burn-in, in which case it doesn't.

Another example - 

http://clarityfidelity.blogspot.sg/2016/08/noble-audio-kaiser-10-universal-new-ver.html

Notice how the high frequency characteristic changes due to the different eartips used. 

But on those graphs there's hardly any difference until you get to the high frequencies, the Comply seem to deaden the high frequencies which is what you'd expect given the difference in materials. I've said previously that the Comply tame the highs on the 4in1 so I can't argue against that. But I would like to see a graph of two similar silicone eartips one wide bore one normal as so many claim these change the sound.

Oct 17, 2016 at 2:38 AM Post #1,656 of 33,689
  Ok, definitely the DTS PLUS are on my list!

I personally think, **** is the best budget VS cost at the moment......a lot of bang for the buck!  
tongue_smile.gif

I would have agreed with you until recently, I now think the Urbanfun just pips them to that crown. I can't believe that these aren't getting more exposure I can only guess that the 'branding' works against them.

Oct 17, 2016 at 2:55 AM Post #1,657 of 33,689

I would have agreed with you until recently, I now think the Urbanfun just pips them to that crown. I can't believe that these aren't getting more exposure I can only guess that the 'branding' works against them.

Oh? Totally forgot URBANFUN got a new one out, as well.

.....I forgot what page that was? They look awesome too! 

Oct 17, 2016 at 3:07 AM Post #1,660 of 33,689
Has anyone else noticed how AE seems to exclude your favourite stores from search results?

I've noticed on depends in wether I'm in the desktop site or the APP.

Oct 17, 2016 at 3:11 AM Post #1,661 of 33,689
More than a bit pee'd off with Ali sellers this morning. Two orders with AK Store were placed v.early this month, only electronic details received. Chased it on Friday and they've only just shipped them this morning. 

I had hoped these guys were better than HCK and the 'other one. No, same as.

Oct 17, 2016 at 4:01 AM Post #1,662 of 33,689

You mean the old one or the carbon fibre one?

Oct 17, 2016 at 4:26 AM Post #1,664 of 33,689
As hyped as the A2S was, I'd much rather go for the 4in1, so if this is better than the 4in1, it'll be one to look out for.

The 4in1 looks and is ravely reviewed by the people here but to be it seems that it will stick out of the ears quite a bit and i think it might annoy me quite a bit. This DT2 have a slightly more streamlined shell compared to the L shape of the 4in1

Oct 17, 2016 at 4:48 AM Post #1,665 of 33,689
I don't see the Pro as a significant step up from the ATE. The 4in1 is a significant step up 'but' as many have said they're a bit bright. I work in GBP so some of these maybe above the $30 but only just: -

1. **** 4in1 (bright), DT2 (less bright, less bass) or UEs (balanced)
2. Urbanfun (Balanced)
3. BK50 (Warm + detailed)
4. Tennmak Banjo (Bass)
5. Audiosense AS20 (slightly v-shaped)
6. Mannhas C190 (cheaper) - my favourite single dynamic driver (apart from the Tingo copy of a very expensive earphone)

Thanks, But I'm confused between UEs and 4in1. Which one will be the best?
Also, my source gears are X1 or X3II.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back