Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jul 17, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #16,606 of 33,689
Wow thanks for the detailed response! I wish i had asked before i started the whole process. The back and forth is silly.

I was pretty surprised to have them offer me $5 when something is either wrong with the headphone or the cable and $5 isn't going to fix that.

It was from AK Audio.
I'd make my point that a $5 is not a reasonable compensation - and not a good advertisement for the AK Audio Store on Head-Fi. They are aware that you are in Canada and it is their responsibility to send out a working pair.
I had good experiences in terms of warranty with NiceHCK store and XXX.

In one case, I purchased another item and asked to include the replacement to save them postage and offset their loss by some earnings. Maybe you offer them something like this.

As to the 2-pin cable. Disconnect it a couple of times...helped with my TRN V60.

Jul 17, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #16,607 of 33,689
Depends on your preferences. Bass is slightly elevated but they're certainly not bassy. I don't find them lacking at all whatsoever, but as with everything some do. They're top of the tree for me, hence why I bought some despite having a review sample. Wanted a set in red :D

My favorite everyday go to iem is the TinAuaudio T2, so would you say there are similarities between the T2 and the B400?
I know the B400 will have better micro details, speed, clarity, soundstage etc etc, but in terms of extension, how do the two compare?

I'm just a bit worried about the B400's slight lack of both low end and high end and so I've always avoided the B400 up till now due to the sale price...
I highly respect your opinion, so thanks so much for your time.

Jul 17, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #16,608 of 33,689
Brainwavz B400 are a steal at that price! Also, the toneking t4 are extremely good at that same price point
Hi, I've been reading your impressions on the Toneking, and you were seriously making me consider the T4.. I almost pulled the trigger, until I found out the B400 was on sale...
So, my only concern with the B400 is almost everyone talks about the lack of both Bass and Treble...
Is the T4 far superior in this area? (like, on a scale of 1 to 10 how do they compare with each other?)

Also, between the two; which one fits (comfort) and isolates (outside sounds) better?
Thanks so much for your time, (and your awesome impressions on the T4! :) ).

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #16,609 of 33,689
In one case, I purchased another item and asked to include the replacement to save them postage and offset their loss by some earnings. Maybe you offer them something like this.

Excellent suggestion.

I've done this before myself, and it is no big deal if you toss in something cheap and decent like KZ EDR1 for a few bucks. Then they can include the replacement for the original IEM in the same package, and you're only shelling out minimal extra cash (in addition to getting a decent back up IEM with the 2nd order).

Jul 17, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #16,610 of 33,689
So I've had my Toneking T4 for over 16 hours of ear time now, and I feel very confident in talking about them and their sound. These things are amazing for the price I paid for them and are now in the top 3 best earphones in my collection.
First off, they have a very quality looks and feel to them as they are filled bodies and not hollow, with a nice weight. They fit my ears like a glove and I can wear them for hours at a time with no discomfort.
These are the cleanest and clearest sounding iem's that I own, with a top shelf detailed flat / balanced sound signature. The treble extends forever and is extremely clear and airy and is the best treble I've had the pleasure of hearing.
In my opinion, the T4's bread and butter is that they're supremely coherent. They're 4 drivers that have a grand soundstage, while sounding like a perfectly tuned single driver. I've never heard anything like it, and I struggle to find the words to do them justice.
The T4 has gorgeous mids and aren't recessed at all and are close to being the star of the show, except they come in second to the glorious treble. The T4 has a nice analytical sound, without being cold or thin sounding. They really are something truly special and I hope Toneking has great success like they deserve because they know how to tune an iem. If anyone has any questions I'll do my best to answer them. Well, I've got to get back to the music now, so I'll chat with you all later, haha.
Also, I paired these with a pure silver cable and comply foam tips and feel they're the perfect combination.

Awesome impressions on the T4! Makes them VERY tempting... :)
Could you please compare the T4 to your B400? Such as soundstage, extension, micro details, isolation etc etc?
Thank you! :)

Jul 17, 2018 at 4:50 PM Post #16,611 of 33,689
Hi, I've been reading your impressions on the Toneking, and you were seriously making me consider the T4.. I almost pulled the trigger, until I found out the B400 was on sale...
So, my only concern with the B400 is almost everyone talks about the lack of both Bass and Treble...
Is the T4 far superior in this area? (like, on a scale of 1 to 10 how do they compare with each other?)

Also, between the two; which one fits (comfort) and isolates (outside sounds) better?
Thanks so much for your time, (and your awesome impressions on the T4! :) ).
First, thank you for your kind words! I'm really anxious to hear someone else's impressions of the T4 to see how consistent they're to what I am hearing. To me, they isolate better than any other earphone I own, let alone have heard. They are full BA with no vent, and the isolation is nothing short of amazing. The B400 have above average isolation, but are vented, so they fall behind the T4 in isolation. Also, the T4 are semi-custom and fit my ear PERFECTLY!! I'm sure people's mileage will vary as ears are so vastly different. Comfort and isolation between the 2 aren't even close, and the T4 handily takes the win.
The sound comparison was a fun one for me to do, as I love both earphones and find them to be somewhat in the same family of sound signature, but with several big differences. First, the bass. The bass on the B400 has more impact overall and influences the note shape significantly in my opinion. I personally love the B400's bass quantity and quality and feel maybe people are comparing their bass to a dynamic driver, whenever someone calls them bass lite. They aren't bass lite in my opinion at all. The T4 has more subbass but less mid bass compared to the B400 and both have similar quality and fairly fast decay. The treble is where I see the biggest difference in sound though. I LOVE the B400 but always feel that they lack treble presence and air to be completely perfect for me. The T4 has that missing treble and is their star lf their show. The T4's treble is some of the best I've had the pleasure to listen to. It extends forever, but never gets glare or harsh. In my opinion, it takes some of the best qualities of the B400 and FLC8S and combines them into a near perfect monitor for my preferences.
I feel like you couldn't go wrong with either choice and I highly recommend both. It all depends on what you value most. The B400 has a little thicker sound overall because of more midbass, but lacks treble energy, and the T4 has a flat/neutral coherent sound with amazing treble.
I hope this helps!

Jul 17, 2018 at 4:53 PM Post #16,612 of 33,689
Awesome impressions on the T4! Makes them VERY tempting... :)
Could you please compare the T4 to your B400? Such as soundstage, extension, micro details, isolation etc etc?
Thank you! :)
I forgot to mention sound stage and micro details.
The T4 hands down is the more detailed monitor, and has a little more width, with equal depth to the B400's sound stage.
Also, if I were to give numerical ratings to them, it would go as follows.
BASS-TREBLE-ISOLATION-DETAILS
T4- 7.5, 10, 10, 10
B400- 8.5, 7, 7.5, 8

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #16,613 of 33,689
My favorite everyday go to iem is the TinAuaudio T2, so would you say there are similarities between the T2 and the B400?
I know the B400 will have better micro details, speed, clarity, soundstage etc etc, but in terms of extension, how do the two compare?

I'm just a bit worried about the B400's slight lack of both low end and high end and so I've always avoided the B400 up till now due to the sale price...
I highly respect your opinion, so thanks so much for your time.

Just ignore me and get something else. T4 sounds like a hype train worthy item. Good luck!

Jul 17, 2018 at 5:39 PM Post #16,614 of 33,689
First, thank you for your kind words! I'm really anxious to hear someone else's impressions of the T4 to see how consistent they're to what I am hearing. To me, they isolate better than any other earphone I own, let alone have heard. They are full BA with no vent, and the isolation is nothing short of amazing. The B400 have above average isolation, but are vented, so they fall behind the T4 in isolation. Also, the T4 are semi-custom and fit my ear PERFECTLY!! I'm sure people's mileage will vary as ears are so vastly different. Comfort and isolation between the 2 aren't even close, and the T4 handily takes the win.
The sound comparison was a fun one for me to do, as I love both earphones and find them to be somewhat in the same family of sound signature, but with several big differences. First, the bass. The bass on the B400 has more impact overall and influences the note shape significantly in my opinion. I personally love the B400's bass quantity and quality and feel maybe people are comparing their bass to a dynamic driver, whenever someone calls them bass lite. They aren't bass lite in my opinion at all. The T4 has more subbass but less mid bass compared to the B400 and both have similar quality and fairly fast decay. The treble is where I see the biggest difference in sound though. I LOVE the B400 but always feel that they lack treble presence and air to be completely perfect for me. The T4 has that missing treble and is their star lf their show. The T4's treble is some of the best I've had the pleasure to listen to. It extends forever, but never gets glare or harsh. In my opinion, it takes some of the best qualities of the B400 and FLC8S and combines them into a near perfect monitor for my preferences.
I feel like you couldn't go wrong with either choice and I highly recommend both. It all depends on what you value most. The B400 has a little thicker sound overall because of more midbass, but lacks treble energy, and the T4 has a flat/neutral coherent sound with amazing treble.
I hope this helps!
Excellent reply! Thank you so much! :)
Wow, now I'm really torn on what earphone to buy.. I can get the B400 for really cheap using the "HEADFI" promo code in combination with the sale, but the T4 just seems like more of what I want..
I am more of a fan of sub-bass than mid bass so I think I might prefer the T4 best.. Also the treble on the T4 sounds absolutely STELLAR!
Also, I build guitars for a living so having a noise isolating IEM while running loud power-tools is a must..
The only problem I worry I might have with both B400 and T4 is the lack of bass that seems to be in all BA type earphones.

I really love the bass I get from my LZ A4 (no backs) but the fit, lack of isolation BRIGHT treble etc etc are not my favorite.. Although, the LZ A4 has amazing soundstage..
I wonder if the A4's soundstage is better than the T4's stage?
Also I prefer the flat signature of my TinAudio T2 over my LZ A4 so I think I'll love the flat signature of the T4 as well...
Basically, I'm looking for a combination of my Tinaudio T2's neutral type signature with the sub-bass slam and sound stage of my LZ A4...

With that said;
Could I EQ in some extra Bass on the T4?
I mean, does the T4 do EQ well?
I have no issues with using EQ as long as the IEM's do well with it..

Anyway, thank you again for your highly informative reply. :)

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #16,615 of 33,689
I forgot to mention sound stage and micro details.
The T4 hands down is the more detailed monitor, and has a little more width, with equal depth to the B400's sound stage.
Also, if I were to give numerical ratings to them, it would go as follows.
BASS-TREBLE-ISOLATION-DETAILS
T4- 7.5, 10, 10, 10
B400- 8.5, 7, 7.5, 8

Thanks for this score!
Oh boy... This is going to be a difficult decision for sure...
I guess it boils down to how well the T4 will accept some bass boosting EQ..
If you have the chance to test this out, please let me know your impressions..
Thanks again for all your time and effort on these replies. :)

Jul 17, 2018 at 5:50 PM Post #16,616 of 33,689
Just ignore me and get something else. T4 sounds like a hype train worthy item. Good luck!
lol! :)
Nooooo! I love your opinions/advice! You sold me on the TinAudio T2 and I have read many of your reviews as well, so I definitely would love to hear your impressions on the B400 compared to the T2 (especially in terms of bass response)... :)

Jul 17, 2018 at 5:54 PM Post #16,617 of 33,689
I have not tried either but would be generally very wary before spending close to $200. Got the excellent B100 and read a few very detailed descriptions of the B400 by reviewers I trust, which put them on my bucket list (presently too expensive in Canada). As to the Toneking, they are a big question mark to me and their plastic design/appearance is so far off the brandname mainstream and also so close to cheap earphones that I simply don't trust them as an experienced company - without any qualified reviews.

My buying decision therefore would be easy considering that I like minimizing risk.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2018 at 6:09 PM Post #16,618 of 33,689
I certainly hope I'm not hyping an iem more than it deserves! I really am anxious for other people to chime in on their impressions of it. I generally am a very cautious person, as far as purchasing the latest and greatest hyped thing I read about on here, but this was something else to me entirely. I was just impressed with the other 2 Toneking iem's I had heard and liked their new line and decided to blind try them. I just was fortunate that it matched my preferences so well!! I hope you get a chance to try them at some point B9!

Jul 17, 2018 at 6:18 PM Post #16,619 of 33,689
I have not tried either but would be generally very wary before spending close to $200. Got the excellent B100 and read a few very detailed descriptions of the B400 by reviewers I trust, which put them on my bucket list (presently too expensive in Canada). As to the Toneking, they are a big question mark to me and their plastic design/appearance is so far off the brandname mainstream and also so close to cheap earphones that I simply don't trust them as an experienced company - without any qualified reviews.

My buying decision therefore would be easy considering that I like minimizing risk.
They aren't "normal" plastic though, and are completely different than any other chifi that I see on your list of owned earphones and my own list as well. They're a heavy, filled acrylic and have a MUCH better build quality than either of my 2 other favorites, the B400 and FLC8s. I also hope you get a chance to try them someday and see what quality chifi can be like. They feel and sound like nothing else that I've bought from that market honestly. The FLC8S sound great, but don't have the greatest build ,and likewise the B400. That seems to be where they kind of skipped to keep the cost down. Give it time, i'm sure someone other than me will be chiming in soon enough! Cheers!

Jul 17, 2018 at 6:45 PM Post #16,620 of 33,689
Well I have the Toneking TK2 and it is honestly my favourite iem at the moment

Users who are viewing this thread

Back