Chill music...any recommendations?
Sep 27, 2007 at 7:31 PM Post #61 of 83
A lot of times when I'm in a chillaxin' mood (or when I'm already chillaxed) I actually like to put on something intense. Usually something instrumental like Béla Fleck or Explosions In The Sky. I'm actually listening to 'The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place' on LP right now with the volume CRANKED.

Sep 27, 2007 at 9:56 PM Post #62 of 83
Not sure if it is chill, but i like Shreber Harber Mole Flying Wheel, Aus and Fennesz a lot.
Those are pretty chill.
ow yeah Buscemi is also nice

Sep 29, 2007 at 1:34 AM Post #64 of 83
I would like to add:

'Londinium' by Archive
'Love in The Time of Science' by Emiliana Torrini.
'Takk' by Sigur Ross
'Melody A.M.' by Royksopp
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 4, 2007 at 9:07 AM Post #66 of 83
Oct 4, 2007 at 10:15 PM Post #68 of 83
i find ennio morricones music, some of, chill worthy
most enya
some jean michelle jarre
some goldie - namely few tracks off timeless
morcheeba
pink martini
zero 7
some sigur ros
some air
some rippingtons
some stanley jordan
some vanessa mae

Oct 4, 2007 at 11:29 PM Post #69 of 83
Some of my chill out music:

A Girl Called Eddy - "A Girl Called Eddy" - Beautiful debut album by singer Erin Moran, produced by Richard Hawley. Lowkey, heartfelt, melodic and spot on. A.

Bent - "Ariels" - Very different to their Everlasting Blink. Ethereal female vocals and synths mixed to catchy tunes. B.

Blue States - "Man Mountain" & "Nothing Changes Under The Sun" - Quite good, intricate chillout, that is both quite organic, yet strangely metronomic. B.

Cocteau Twins - "Blue Bell Knoll", "Heaven or Las Vegas" & "Milk & Kisses" - seminal stuff. Set the standard on glossolalic vocalisation and ethereal, divine melodies. A+.

Euphoria - Collection - generally not bad and full of popular, clubby tunes. B-

Lonely Planet - Volume 1 - A nice mix of ethnic/world music set to trancey sensibilities. B.

Sasha - "Airdrawndagger" - Lovely ambient. I think it's something he's been dying to try for a while and I think it's a great effort. A bit more focused than your run of the mill ambient album. B+

This is a Process of Still Life - "This is a Process of Still Life" & "Light" - My most obscure recommendation and one of my highest. Wonderful, expressive and emotive without a single word being said. A++

Vangelis - "Direct" - Spacey and big. Great tunes. A.

Vangelis - "The City" - A bit grittier but still good. B.

Vangelis - "Voices" - For being wrapped up in. B.

William Orbit - "Strange Cargo IV - Hinterland" - Classic, excellent songs but somehow lacks a bit of heart. Very good nonetheless. B.

William Orbit - "Strange Cargo III" - I confess, I rarely get past Water on a Vine Leaf. The rest are still good, but damn, that song is the best ever. B+

Oct 5, 2007 at 5:40 AM Post #70 of 83
aren't really albums but songs i've added to my "chill" playlist that i think are very very good

Luciano - Amelie on ice
Pink Martini - Andalucia
Manu Chao - politik kills
Sven Vath - Wassermann

Oct 14, 2007 at 8:02 AM Post #72 of 83
Dido and Cat Stevens(Yusuf?)

Oct 15, 2007 at 12:07 PM Post #75 of 83

Users who are viewing this thread

Back