Chill music...any recommendations?
May 27, 2004 at 4:23 PM Post #31 of 83
if you want a more current talent from jamaica to check out, I suggest mo'horizons

May 27, 2004 at 5:10 PM Post #32 of 83
CDbaby.com is normally a fun place to find new artists....I found quite a few cool chilled country artists there.
smily_headphones1.gif
They have a nice section where all the listed CDs cost $5 a piece. I got a couple of great CDs from that list.

May 27, 2004 at 5:23 PM Post #34 of 83
THX by Theorem has some gorgeous, sparse, and relaxing ambient techno. It's all back-to-basics kinda techno, but "Minor Explosions" and "Interstate" are beautiful, vast soundscapes. "Break in at apt. 205", "Unherluferlick", "Day From Hell", and "Devil of Rotations" are all more traditional ambient techno Aphex Twin style, but simpler.

May 27, 2004 at 5:28 PM Post #35 of 83
The film theme music to Chariots Of Fire works well...(forget the name, now
confused.gif
)
cool.gif

May 27, 2004 at 8:41 PM Post #36 of 83
ipod... I second CD Baby... great place to find new music... check out Daughter Darling... and they sell old pelican city releases as well
biggrin.gif

May 27, 2004 at 10:40 PM Post #37 of 83
Enya - Orinico Flow, Only Time, Flora's Secret
Enigma - ...
Floyd - Signs of Life

If I really want to relax.. I go through the classical music. Bach violin pieces, Dvorak #9, Hindemith Metamorphosis, Tchaikovsky - Romeo and Juliet... always finding good pieces.

May 28, 2004 at 8:40 AM Post #38 of 83
Your usual stuff:
Buddhabar
Cafe del Mar
Hotel Costes

Rather unsual stuff:
Cafe Abstrait (personal favourite, it's a club in Hamburg, Germany)
Mandarin Chinese Chilling Thrills (nothing Chinese, it's only the name, more electronic than Cafe del Mar)

Misc:
Air - Moon Safari ( great cd)
Brazilectro

All of the above mentioned cds belong to the so-called "chill out" category meaning they involve some sort of constant beat and electronic stuff.

For chilling in the general sense I recommend
Pat Metheny and Charlie Haden - Beyond the Missouri Sky (pretty much the best CD I own)

May 28, 2004 at 12:34 PM Post #39 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
ipod... I second CD Baby... great place to find new music... check out Daughter Darling... and they sell old pelican city releases as well
biggrin.gif

Yeah, I really like getting CDs by unknown artists. Sometimes you get some real crackers and it's way cooler when your friends only recognise 5% of your music..
biggrin.gif

May 28, 2004 at 12:52 PM Post #41 of 83
Bright Eyes by Angela Morley (theme music to Watership Down)

May 30, 2004 at 6:54 PM Post #44 of 83
wow, nice thread some of my favorite trip hop/ambient/lounge cds are

kruder & dorfmeister - the k&d sessions
mandalay - solace
boards of canada - music has the right to children
hooverphonic - A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular
- blue wonder powder milk
anything by morcheeba
delerium - karma
cinematic orchestra - ninja tunes
Gotan Project - La Revancha Del Tango
and anything by dj shadow

keep up the posts gettin some good ideas thx!
eggosmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back