Chicago Winter Meet: January 29,2004
Jan 27, 2005 at 3:41 PM Post #241 of 270
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels
I am happy to let you head-fiers know that my wife got the two days off from her hospital work, Friday & Saturday, so she is going to prepare a humble meal for us all to have while enjoying our meet.
JUDE you better make it,man, I will make sure to put you share aside.
Thanks for those who offered to tip for the pizza, there will be no need for that at all, even if it was going to be pizza, I would have made sure to feed all my guests with out any offer for help in the cost.
Ray Samuels

Ray you are such an upstanding guy. I will be honored to be your guest
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 27, 2005 at 3:54 PM Post #242 of 270
Wait a second... Jude is coming!?!?

best...meet...ever

icon10.gif

EDIT: Be sure to thank your Wife for all her hard work Ray... I will try to do so myself at the meet, but she might be hiding at that point. [I know mine would]
tongue.gif

Jan 28, 2005 at 4:58 AM Post #243 of 270
If there is anyone in the vicinity of the Drake Hotel that has room in there car send me a pm and, if possible, a cell number. The train line that goes to Skokie doesn't run on Saturday. Thanks.

Jan 28, 2005 at 6:52 AM Post #244 of 270
Billy and I spent a little time with Ray tonight and brought by some of the tables . Things are looking awesome so far ladies and gents. Ray has the place looking great and the "quiet room" should work out as well. Essentially we'll be using Ray's lower apartment for headphone listening and Ray is keeping the speaker rig upstairs. Anyone wishing to sample that rig will go upstairs to do so. We're isolated from Ray's insane listening levels by an additional floor,so hopefully our quiet space will remain so.

Headroom is doing things up nicely and along with the gear they sent,they included a very useful gift for all the meet attendees. Thanks again Headroom.

I got bad news for anybody arriving tomorrow. You'll most certainly be put to work. I'm sure set-up can be fun but we have much to do and I could use the help.

I'll see some of you later today and perhaps we'll get the impressions thread going a day early since a lot of the gear will be set-up later tonight.

BTW,it's a tradition around here that Eagle Driver start the Chicago meet impressions threads ,so get going Randall.

Jan 28, 2005 at 7:10 AM Post #245 of 270
i'll try to be there late evening...

Im gonna drive in, attend the meet and drive out...

If anyone can show me a corner to crash and a shower in the morning (29th) to freshen up - it will be great...

I am coming with $0.00 because I am dead broke...fun stuff
rolleyes.gif

LOL

Billy - we have to tackle fred man...You go for the legs and i'll stand back and watch
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 28, 2005 at 11:35 AM Post #246 of 270
anyone bringin' any qualia related gear?...i've yet to hear 'em...

my ride confused the date of the meet & so now i'm apparently takin' the 4am bus from Indy to Chicago to Skokie
rolleyes.gif
...if all goes well i should arrive in Skokie 'round 9:30am local time & then i'll probably take a cab the rest of the way...can hardly wait
biggrin.gif

Jan 28, 2005 at 12:51 PM Post #248 of 270
This is sick. It's quarter to 5 annd I'm up, dressed and waiting for a cab to go to the airport on the way to Chicago.
Can't wait to meet you all,
Lewis (CPW)

Jan 28, 2005 at 2:41 PM Post #249 of 270
Lol... wow, you guys know the meet it tomorrow right?

Anyways I am at work now and will be leaving from here at 5pm to catch the 6:30 bus to Windsor. Then tomorrow morning, The_Mac and I are joining up with the Detroit crew and driving to Chicago. Then the reverse to get home [with an extra hour or so tacked on to get from TO to Hamilton].

Talk about road trip. I'm already tired.
tongue.gif

Jan 28, 2005 at 2:45 PM Post #251 of 270
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
If there is anyone in the vicinity of the Drake Hotel that has room in there car send me a pm and, if possible, a cell number. The train line that goes to Skokie doesn't run on Saturday. Thanks.

If you need I can pick you up on the way there. Will be passing downtown at about 10-11am (not sure exactly as I need to take care of other things in the morning) Will PM you my cell number

Jan 28, 2005 at 2:49 PM Post #252 of 270
Quote:

Originally Posted by acidtripwow
According to the forecast it's suppose to be 33 degrees and snowing on Saturday in Chicago. That's what the little button on my Firefox browser shows me anyway.

nice, warming up
wink.gif

Jan 28, 2005 at 5:10 PM Post #254 of 270
weather is fine here...leaving in a few hours...

Long ass drive ahead of me
frown.gif
something like 10 hours?? and theres no one else from here who wants to go so its just me, my music and some food/drink
tongue.gif

Billy, Fred - can you guys PM me your phone numbers? Just in case I get lost you know...

Thanks!!

Jan 28, 2005 at 5:11 PM Post #255 of 270
I look forward to meeting you guys...see you around 11:00. You can't miss me...I'll probably be the tallest guy there. 6'7" (god, I hope I can fit in ray's basement)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back