Chicago Winter Meet: January 29,2004
Jan 24, 2005 at 1:16 AM Post #227 of 270
I would get my wife to cook for you guys, and FedEx it to Ray's house, but they'd probably lose it
wink.gif

I missed the Chicago meet by a week...got out 2 hours B4 the snow hit on Friday. I would have enjoyed meeting the mid-western crew.

Ray, I hope your better half, gets the days off, she's a gem.

Have a great time, guys.

Jan 26, 2005 at 6:04 AM Post #229 of 270
I'm in the process of getting the tables and chairs together and I have news about some of the gear.

Headroom is sending out the new Coda and Overture Dac/amp combo along with many phones and a Blockhead and Max.

The Meier Audio gear is here for sure and we can thank Todd Green and Dr.Meier for that.

The Lehmann Black Cube Linear is in my grubby fingers and I like it so far. I think you will too.

Some have asked about "show specials" and possible discounts and as always,I have to say I don't handle that stuff. Some of the gear is for sale and there are some discounts being offered but you need to contact the vendors directly for that. It worked out last time that somebody purchased two of the amps I had and he made arrangements before hand with the vendor and took the amps home with him. That's what I suggest you do,if you wanna buy any of the gear. I'll give you contact info if need be but I will not set prices or take your money.

I contacted a one of the audioligists( did I spell that right?) in the area(the one that Westone,and Etymotics uses) to ask about fitting for custom earmoulds at the meet and he sounded very enthusiastic about that idea. He has to run it by his company president but he wants to offer a very substantial discount if he can get this done at the meet. If not,he's coming anyway and will offer a discount to get it done at his offices. If you've never used custom earmolds with canalphones,you don't know what you're missing.

Some guys are coming in early(I'm talking Friday night early) and will be helping with set-up and such. I have a lot to do at Ray's house and I might have to sleep over myself. That should be fun. Start and end times are not carved in stone guys. If you show up early,nobody is gonna shoot you and if you stay late,I'm sure you'll have plenty of company,including me.

The official start time is 11 am. If you need Ray's address or phone number either visit his site or PM he or myself.

See you there.

Jan 26, 2005 at 6:44 AM Post #230 of 270
Hey guys,I know there will be a lot of people and gear at this meet but that's not what our meets are all about. It's about meeting one another and enjoying the gear and music. I look forward to meeting new friends and seeing old ones far more than listening to the gear. Hearing new gear is always great but if you attend soley for the purpose of auditioning gear(which is fine) you're missing out on the overall experience.

Jan 26, 2005 at 7:00 AM Post #231 of 270
Anyone else besides me, born2bwire and blue_onion in Urbana? We have one more seat for the carpool, as far as I know.
biggrin.gif

And Tubes, if anything non-gear-related is needed, let us know.

Jan 26, 2005 at 7:18 AM Post #232 of 270
Strohmie - I dont know if you have already addressed this but - will your SOURCE be completed before the meet? I am REALLY looking forward to hearing it and pitting it against ...say...a Meridian 588 or a Music Hall Maverick

Cheers!

Jan 26, 2005 at 7:24 AM Post #233 of 270
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
Strohmie - I dont know if you have already addressed this but - will your SOURCE be completed before the meet? I am REALLY looking forward to hearing it and pitting it against ...say...a Meridian 588 or a Music Hall Maverick

Cheers!

No, the case doesn't ship 'til tomorrow (without being drilled), and I'd rather not present it in a beer box. Hypothetically I'll have the chance to do some noise checks on the chassis and have it ready for the next meet, possibly with a Dynahi in there. But not this one.
frown.gif

Jan 26, 2005 at 7:43 PM Post #235 of 270
Hey tuberoller!

Good to see that the time was set at 11am some people were asking around about that. Also, if you need some extra arms or help setting up on Friday, I would be more happy to help. I live two blocks from Ray (Skokie Rules!!!), so it is no problem if you need some muscle (ha, muscle...). Just send me a PM, contact Ray to contact me, or post it in the thread and I can be there!

Jan 27, 2005 at 12:55 AM Post #236 of 270
I live close to Skokie so can be very nice for me. What's the schedule and address?. Salu2

Jan 27, 2005 at 5:09 AM Post #237 of 270
I am happy to let you head-fiers know that my wife got the two days off from her hospital work, Friday & Saturday, so she is going to prepare a humble meal for us all to have while enjoying our meet.
JUDE you better make it,man, I will make sure to put you share aside.
Thanks for those who offered to tip for the pizza, there will be no need for that at all, even if it was going to be pizza, I would have made sure to feed all my guests with out any offer for help in the cost.
Ray Samuels

Jan 27, 2005 at 5:12 AM Post #238 of 270
Tell her not to overwork herself, considering there are supposed to be a few dozen of us over there all at once.

Jan 27, 2005 at 5:36 AM Post #239 of 270
It's only Wednesday, and honestly, I'm more excited to meet all of you than I am to listen to the gear! Maybe it's weird of me, but it seems like we have a really great group of people for this thing, and while I'm sure the gear will be great, the company will be legendary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back