Chicago Winter Meet: January 29,2004
Dec 6, 2004 at 2:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 270

Tuberoller

Divorced an Orpheus to keep his wife.
It's been a while since I've planned a meet and I had a great time at the meets that Billy and Rey hosted for us all. It's time for me to return the favor and I wanna do a meet to break the doldrums of another cold Chicago winter. I like the less formal meets and I want to do this one at a residence. If interest becomes too great I might just do it at a downtown hotel but I do strongly prefer that we do it a home. Ray Samuels has offfered up his house for this and I think his is a great place to host a meet. He has lots of room,plenty of parking and his wife is an outstanding cook.

I'm thinking January 29th which is far enough after the holidays for us all to have recovered. This also makes this meet early enough in the year that plans for a spring or summer meet are not stepped over in any way.

I want to extend the invite to anyone who wishes to attend,no matter how much we have fought or disagreed in the past. I think a New Year is great opportunity to mend fences and listen to gear and music. All our past meets have been memorable for a one reason or another and I'm sure we'll all come away from this one raving about the food.

I'll be contacting all our sponsors to hit them up for gear and I expect that some of them will want to attend. I'll try to reserve that for a larger,more formal meet that I'll likely host in the summer at a Downtown hotel but I won't discourage any vendors from attending this meet. There is so much new gear coming out that I'm dying to hear and I know we'll have a blast listening to it all.

I'll post here with more details soon but count on this being another great time.

Dec 6, 2004 at 2:21 PM Post #2 of 270
Im in
cool.gif

Dec 6, 2004 at 2:24 PM Post #3 of 270
BTW,I think if we all lean on Ray a little he'll have the A10 and his new "Apollo" mini-tube amp ready for us by the time the meet comes around. He does'nt listen to me much these days but if you guys encourage him,perhaps he'll get it done.

Dec 6, 2004 at 2:38 PM Post #4 of 270
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuberoller
BTW,I think if we all lean on Ray a little he'll have the A10 and his new "Apollo" mini-tube amp ready for us when by the time the meet comes around. He does'nt listen to me much these days but if you guys encourage him,perhaps he'll get it done.

Fred - if you and I lean over Ray he'll be crushed to death
eggosmile.gif

He doesnt listen to you because the "fear" isnt there anymore. I know just the thing that will make him nod and do whatever you say - take him for a long "drive" in a CTS
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 6, 2004 at 10:38 PM Post #5 of 270
[size=small]I'm in as well. The Xmas break seems like a great time for a long driving trek to Chi-town from St. Louis.
cool.gif
[/size]

Dec 6, 2004 at 10:57 PM Post #6 of 270
Fred,

Count me in.

Regareds - reynman

Dec 6, 2004 at 11:17 PM Post #7 of 270
I'm in, so long as it's the 29th or later -- I'm going to be in Maryland between around 12/20/04 and the 1/28/05 (dad's birthday's on 1/27) so any time after that and I'd be able to attend. By then my CD player absolutely positively will be complete...maybe a balanced Dynahi too depending on funds and time constraints.

Dec 7, 2004 at 6:08 AM Post #8 of 270
I should be able to come, and would be able to probably supply a lift for some detroit folks on the way. Either that or carpool with someone from the area. Either way.

Dec 7, 2004 at 6:16 AM Post #9 of 270
I'm sitting on the fence right now, as far as making the meet goes.

However, if I do make the meet, I will be bringing minimal equipment. However, instead of a portable player (though one of them will be with me), I will be bringing my home Sony DVD/SACD/CD player (DVP-NS775V) to the meet (plus a few SACDs and CDs), along with no more than four pairs of headphones and my Grado RA-1 amp.

reynman,

I know you want to hear my AKG K240S headphones, so they will be one of my four pairs of headphones in my preliminary (not yet finalised) list.

Dec 7, 2004 at 11:26 AM Post #10 of 270
There is one thing I love more then two naked 19yrold females together....which is a Chicago Headfi Meet!..lol

Well Needless to say I am there! And thank you Fred I will be thinking of the meet for the next week at work. I will be shure (lol) to be stopping by Ray's before the Holiday so I will talk to him about the two new amps.

I am pretty much putting the finishing touch's on a meridian cdp for myself so I should have it by the meet! of course the ps-1's and other grados will be there along with the wonderful hr2.

Dedalus has a order for a modded out 404 soundcard to for me, but I dont have a flat screen and I am not in the mood to bring a crt around.

Fred if all else fails about location let me know and I can talk to the parents about the touch again (hopfully this JUly 30th I will host another meet there).

GS I believe has a RUDISTOR amp so that will be cool to hear. and since this is a good time for Mending Fences then how bout some other amp makers there to....atleast the invite??

also Todd has told me he is really itching for some Vinyl hunting! I will be talking to him and of course I will preesure him into coming..lol
I think that would be awesome to do my first Vinyl hunt with the vinyl junkie himself and of course other headfi'ers..I have been saving my vinyl virginity for all you guys....so lets go and pop my record player cherry...ewwwwwwlol

This is good to hear...really good to hear! and I promise that I will lay off the coffee before the meet...........lol

Dec 7, 2004 at 12:12 PM Post #11 of 270
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
There is one thing I love more then two naked 19yrold females together....which is a Chicago Headfi Meet!..lol

Billy,
You really need to work on your priorities
biggrin.gif

I'll be there! I have some DIY stuff I'm dying to show off.
TR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back