Chicago Winter Meet 2008 impressions
Feb 17, 2008 at 6:43 PM Post #16 of 62
Great meet - big ups to the host for a fantastic job organizing and managing.

Got to hear both Pico and Predator, along with my UHA-3. I am very happy that I enjoyed, but was not blown away, by the sound of those units. I also really enjoyed listening to my rig with some other headphones. I have had my 325s for 2 weeks now, and am already lusting after RS1s. I was also impressed by the woodied 225s I heard - amazing bass.

Feb 17, 2008 at 9:12 PM Post #17 of 62
Sorry I didn't make it
frown.gif
but it looks like everyone had a great time.

Mike, great slide show of the event.

Feb 18, 2008 at 4:01 AM Post #19 of 62
Thank you for the nice organization and the pictures Mike. I am sorry I could not hear Pico and Predator. I think I was a bit late
smily_headphones1.gif
I was hoping to listen to Raptor with my W5000s, but I liked them with Singlepower Extreme very much... It was a very nice rig with the Meridian 508.20.

Thanks to anyone in the meet again, I had a great time.

Feb 18, 2008 at 1:39 PM Post #20 of 62
Nice pics. Congrats on a successful meet!

Feb 18, 2008 at 3:01 PM Post #22 of 62
Looks like it was an awesome meet! I'm so sorry I couldn't make it - In spite of our best efforts to keep our kids from being "over-scheduled", Saturday was a busy day for us, and no chance to make the meet. But it looks like it was a real winner!

Feb 18, 2008 at 7:29 PM Post #27 of 62
It's mine, and I love it. Beats my former maxed-out Desktop PIMETA and Millett/TREAD pretty handily when driving HD600's. I bought it from the fellow who originally ordered it from MisterX.

Feb 18, 2008 at 7:55 PM Post #28 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and I was looking forward to meeting you Skylab
I got to meet everyone else.....

And I you, my fellow Wildcat, next time around
smily_headphones1.gif

And someone there has a SinglePower Extreme with the EXACT same tube complement I use (RCA smoked glass VT-231 and Tung-Sol 5998's)!

Feb 18, 2008 at 10:11 PM Post #29 of 62
Skylab,

That'd be me :). Doesn't sound great! I just got it back from SP with some upgrades, blackgates and a stepped attenuator.

Vlad

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And I you, my fellow Wildcat, next time around
smily_headphones1.gif

And someone there has a SinglePower Extreme with the EXACT same tube complement I use (RCA smoked glass VT-231 and Tung-Sol 5998's)!

Feb 18, 2008 at 10:13 PM Post #30 of 62
Great show! Thank you very much!

Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back