CHICAGO/MILWAUKEE JULY 11
Jun 30, 2009 at 10:28 PM Post #91 of 183
This sounds like it'll be a fun meet. I'm bringing my X-CanV8P instead of the VHP-2.

You guys will be able to hear the: HD600, DT880, SR-225i, SR-325i, K701 there.

EDIT: I've been talking to guys at MusicDirect on maybe loaning us some stuff to listen to so I'll keep you all posted.

Jul 1, 2009 at 8:28 AM Post #92 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by Keithpgdrb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
which ones claim to rival electrostats?

Headphoneaddict listens to his Westone ES3X more often than all of his electrostats combined together. A few others also say that they often prefer their ES3X to their dynamic cans. You will probably hear/read more of this from JH-13 Pro owners as time goes along. Many people are already enjoying their universal IEMs coming out of an iphone as much or almost as much as their full-size cans out of a big, expensive amp.

Jul 1, 2009 at 3:38 PM Post #93 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by tigon_ridge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Headphoneaddict listens to his Westone ES3X more often than all of his electrostats combined together. A few others also say that they often prefer their ES3X to their dynamic cans. You will probably hear/read more of this from JH-13 Pro owners as time goes along. Many people are already enjoying their universal IEMs coming out of an iphone as much or almost as much as their full-size cans out of a big, expensive amp.

hmm, have to check those out. I've not heard them. it just seems a very inflated claim.. we shall see.

Jul 1, 2009 at 8:38 PM Post #94 of 183
UPDATE: I would like to announce that Koss Stereophones Corporation will be sending two representatives to our Meet. Koss is based right in our backyard (Milwaukee). They will be bringing the CC01, KDE250 and QZ900. They will also be bringing the KDX series for all of us to sample as well as other goodies
smily_headphones1.gif

Thank you Koss Corporation!

-Andy

QZ900:
QZ900_1.jpg

KDX300:
KDX300_1.jpg

KDE250:
KDE250_1.jpg

CC01:
CC_01_1.jpg

Jul 1, 2009 at 8:44 PM Post #95 of 183
UPDATE: I would like to announce that PS Audio will have a representative at our Meet. The owner of Epic Audio (the location where we are having the Meet) is a PS Audio authorized dealer and he has been in contact with PS Audio regarding our Meet. I believe he is bringing the Power Plant Premier (PPP) AND The Perfect Wave Transport (Something that was missing at Can-Jam!)

Thank you PS Audio!

-Andy

Jul 1, 2009 at 8:47 PM Post #96 of 183
I call dibs on trying the KDE250s first!
smily_headphones1.gif

My friend is bringing a turntable, but he doesn't remember the brand. I'm still not positive I'm going though.

Jul 1, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #97 of 183
Well it looks like we are going to have enough gear at our Meet
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

What I REALLY need now is a headcount. We only have 13 people who have said they are definitely coming. I'm going to assume we will have a few lurkers who will be showing up, but for the rest of us, if you are coming PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make a post now so I can get a rough idea of a head count. It's important for the success of the Meet!

Thanks,

Andy

Jul 1, 2009 at 9:37 PM Post #98 of 183
I should note my 10 year old son will be with me. This will be his 5th meet
wink.gif

Jul 1, 2009 at 9:45 PM Post #99 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I should note my 10 year old son will be with me. This will be his 5th meet
wink.gif

It'll be great to see him again - what a great kid! Although I think he's just a ringer to win the raffles!
wink_face.gif

Jul 1, 2009 at 9:53 PM Post #100 of 183
Andy,

The success of your meet will stay the same weather or not you know who is coming a head of time.

You are only satisfying your curiosity. Just chill -- people will show and people wont.
Success is measured at the end based on how good of a time everyone had, and I'm sure we'll have a blast!

Jul 3, 2009 at 12:10 AM Post #103 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by andyk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What I REALLY need now is a headcount. We only have 13 people who have said they are definitely coming. I'm going to assume we will have a few lurkers who will be showing up, but for the rest of us, if you are coming PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make a post now so I can get a rough idea of a head count. It's important for the success of the Meet!

volovsekn and I will be there.

Jul 3, 2009 at 12:11 AM Post #104 of 183
It's gonna be me, Logwed, and my brother (maybe).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back