CHICAGO/MILWAUKEE JULY 11
Jun 21, 2009 at 5:35 AM Post #61 of 183
I mean that I am looking for a company that can make high tolerance boards thatare capable for those chips.

Also integrated a microphone capability for this little one-off so you can use any 4 pin mini plug. Sry, no remote control can be passed to the iPhone. Yay graduation is over!

Jun 21, 2009 at 6:39 AM Post #62 of 183
Maybe you should have asked for LPBGA instead
wink.gif

How are you getting around the bluetooth bandwidth issues? what compression scheme are you using? SCMS?

Jun 21, 2009 at 1:08 PM Post #63 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie_X /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks man and the Floats seem to be pretty banged up. There are lots of little knicks in it. The shop owner won't let me try them first though... so I don't know.

I'm not sure if I'll be bringing the X-100-B though, it's like 40lbs and I'd be by myself.

Then $150's pretty unreasonable. You can't bargain down?

Jun 22, 2009 at 10:04 AM Post #65 of 183
Well the end product is actually a Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR device.

Considering that unless you listen to only lossless on your iPod, compression isn't really an issue given that the device supports native codecs. The bigger issue is the quality of the dac chip since ~360 Kbps VBR joint stereo with modern encoders level of compression is beyond the scientific level of human hearing.

Mastering and quality of original recording affect the sq more than using a high quality compression.

The dac chips are also very limited in these portable devices because of voltage and
current limits. Then add that they use cheaper chips and output stages made of low quality and cheap SMD components. My whole thing is that I wanted to be able to use my iPod as a true portable digital source. That and I really didn't like the idea of strapping an amp to my phone especially when there was better potential quality over a wireless connection. In truth, this reciever has pretty much the same limits as USB standard audio connection when it comes to bit depth and sampling frequency. The chip has 24 bit/96k processing unit for the digital signal with low jitter. In this case it is being used for a portable solution since there hasn't beeen a digital output portable source since the h140.

This isn't meant to replace someones meridian transport, but to be an equivalent or better (in terms of sq) than an itransport or line-out connection for portable or at home use running off a low noise battery supply.

Sry if this was a bit long, but maybe you understand my personal need for something like this or think it is really silly. Either way I have four this to be an extremely fun project. Just something different, challenging, and useful to myself. I have a day job now which isn't audio heavy.

Jun 23, 2009 at 2:08 AM Post #66 of 183
I'm definitely comming now. Logwed and I are car-pooling out there, so expect two guys with a bunch of crap walking in. You'll know me, I'll be wearing glasses and will have my recabled SR-225i's on.

So yeah we are both coming.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishcabible /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Then $150's pretty unreasonable. You can't bargain down?

I tried to get them down to $100 but he won't do it. Kinda pissed me off. What pissed me off even more is that there is no return policy on them as they are sold as is and he won't even let me try them.

Jun 26, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #67 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie_X /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tried to get them down to $100 but he won't do it. Kinda pissed me off. What pissed me off even more is that there is no return policy on them as they are sold as is and he won't even let me try them.

Then he'll have those for a while...

Jun 26, 2009 at 7:02 PM Post #68 of 183
UPDATE: I would like to announce that HISOUNDAUDIO will be sending a number of their new Amp3 Digital Audio Players for us to sample and review at the Milwaukee/Chicago Meet.

HiSoundAudio will be DONATING these Amp3's to the meet for our use. After the Meet, they will be RAFFLED and all proceeds will go to Headfi.org.

There will also be special pricing during the meet on the Amp3. If you fall in love with the Amp3, you can order it online for a special price!

Thank you HiSoundAudio!

www.hisoundaudio.com

images_pic_a1.jpg

images_pic_a11.jpg

images_pic_a15.jpg

Jun 26, 2009 at 7:09 PM Post #69 of 183
Oh wow, I've been paying rather attention to that since my ipod or A726 aren't really cutting it. Thanks HiSoundAudio!

Jun 26, 2009 at 11:02 PM Post #71 of 183
Hey all. I am coming to the meet. I would like to bring my Stax normal bias set up, but I am currently without a good source, except for my ipod. I dont even have an LOD for the pod, I have to use the hp out. SO.... If anyone is willing to loan me a decent source for the meet, AND/OR, someone could loan me a decent LOD for ipods, I would bring...

Stax sr-lambda - normal bias
Stax srd7-sb "energizer"
Yamaha sr-2020 integrated amp, with NO case. guts exposed to the world.
Head-Direct RE2 IEM
Head-Direct RE0 IEM
SoundMagic PL30 IEM (for sale real cheap if someone wants)
Fiio E3 (NIB for sale if anyone wants, I have two, so the NIB can go)

Jun 27, 2009 at 4:14 PM Post #73 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigamp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This sounds cool. I'm a newbee here. Can anyone attend the meet? If so, I will be the guy who looks lost.

yes, anyone can come. bring your ipod or some cd's, and listen to everything.

Jun 27, 2009 at 8:17 PM Post #74 of 183
Actually bringing an iPod, and a dock if you have one, is very useful - sources tend to be a bit scarce usually at meets, compared to amps and headphones
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back