Chicago Meet
Mar 14, 2004 at 4:17 AM Post #31 of 50
I'm pretty new to all of this, so I'm not sure I was even on Head-fi when the last meets happened.

Quote:

Originally posted by Tuberoller
What happened to all you Hyde Park/UofC guys when we had the last two meets right there in HP. I've lived in HP my entire life and just recently(temporarily) moved away. If you guys want to do a mini-meet that's cool but I can't organize it. I'll bring whatever you guys want me to.

Mar 14, 2004 at 4:17 AM Post #32 of 50
I'm still hoping someone will organize something for April -- I have a knack for missing meets whether at Hirsch's place on the east coast or in Chicago and such. Only way anyone will get to hear the W11JPNs, anyways. ^_^

Mar 15, 2004 at 8:11 PM Post #33 of 50
If there's a meet in Chicago, count me in!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 17, 2004 at 7:15 AM Post #34 of 50
Let's bring this thread back. Here's the fact, all of us in Hyde Park are pretty busy with finals--although I still make time to surf the forums here. However, if anyone is interested in a headphone mini-met with limited space and electrical outlets (so we'll need people to bring decent extension cords) I'm willing to have it at my house in Hyde Park. However it must be in early April, after the spring break. suggest some dates. I would myself, but I don't have a calendar infront of me

Mar 17, 2004 at 7:21 AM Post #35 of 50
More likely than not all I'll have is my W11JPNs and earbuds, maybe some random CD player, but that's it (waiting for the Eddie Current HD25 probably - long wait!!). I've got a power strip I can bring along if that'd be useful.

Any weekend in April is fine - but not before and not after (same thing - spring break). I think the weekend days are the 3-4, 10-11, 17-18, and 24-25. If the beginning of April is better, then the 3-4 or 10-11 will work. Saturdays are preferable for me.

Mar 17, 2004 at 8:03 AM Post #36 of 50
I don't care really were or when it is, niether do i care if its a mini or a mega. Meeting a few headfhi's would be enough for me to make a drive.
I can bring a bunch of cheap generic power strips but i also can pull the pc-1000 from my home theater and another monster power strip from another room for the meet. i dont know if these are good enought for what your looking for?
but someone has to bring some rs-1's...i really am dying to try these out.

and as far as what i can bring, 325's (bowls and flats), cds,nad 542 cdp, power strips and a ra-1....what else?

Mar 17, 2004 at 3:39 PM Post #37 of 50
bhd, if I can make it, I'll be sure to bring my Stax 2020s.
Plus, if anybody wants me to, I'll also bring:

Source: Philips DVD963SA
Phones: Grado SR-80, Grado SR-325, Senn HD-590, Senn HD-600
Amps: Earmax Pro, Headroom TA, Perreaux SXH-1, Carlo-modded Sugden Headmaster

Mar 17, 2004 at 3:49 PM Post #38 of 50
When my plans begin to solidify I'll invite you all to contact me regarding gear that you can bring. I really appreciate all the offers thus far, and there are likely going to be two or three meets in the Chicago area this year. I'll give at least two months notice, so as many as possible will be able to make plans to attend.

Mar 18, 2004 at 2:27 PM Post #39 of 50
i'm interested. possible gear i could bring include sacdmods sony scd-c222es, grado sr325 (or sr225, or sr200, depending on whether i've upgraded), and gilmore v2 (if i've sprung for one by the time this comes around). plus a power strip, ics and power cords, d-465 discman and sony mdr-v6, etc.

Mar 18, 2004 at 3:44 PM Post #40 of 50
I thought I'd tamed my desire to upgrade, but this meet may wear down all of my self-restraint. Perhaps we should all put all wallets in storage before the meet and not be able to get them back untill at least a week after.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 18, 2004 at 8:09 PM Post #41 of 50
It is so good to see some new blood doing these meets. I see this as growth and I hope you all take advantage and come out and enjoy the gear and company the other Chicago head-fiers. The last few meets have been a really,really good time and more folks have come out each time. I look forward to attending all these meets and seeing all the new faces. Three meets may sound like a lot but you are likely to see a different flavor at each meet as they tend to take on the personality of the host/s. Meets are so much fun and I still see Chicago(and the rest of the midwest) as the real heart of the headphone hobby and audio in general.

Mar 18, 2004 at 8:50 PM Post #42 of 50
Quote:

Originally posted by Tuberoller
It is so good to see some new blood doing these meets. I see this as growth and I hope you all take advantage and come out and enjoy the gear and company the other Chicago head-fiers. The last few meets have been a really,really good time and more folks have come out each time. I look forward to attending all these meets and seeing all the new faces. Three meets may sound like a lot but you are likely to see a different flavor at each meet as they tend to take on the personality of the host/s. Meets are so much fun and I still see Chicago(and the rest of the midwest) as the real heart of the headphone hobby and audio in general.

hey where you at in the southside? maybe we can have a mini mini micro meet. hell it kills me to think if there is other headfi's by me and im not talking to them. i mean my friends and family look at me like im nuts. i mean i am alittle but hey its all for the sound.

Mar 18, 2004 at 11:18 PM Post #43 of 50
OK fellow head-fiers here is an update to the Spring Chicago Meet. I am aiming for an April 24 or May 1 date. I am going to visit the site this Saturday far northside of Chicago. I've talked to the store owner (he designs his own speakers) and he is willing to host the event. I am going there to talk about logistics and check out his speaker line again!

I will keep you updated. If anyone has contacts for gear, you may want to let them know the tentative dates. I have spoken to Todd and he said he's willing to send a care package for the meet.

Regards - reynman

Users who are viewing this thread

Back