Chicago Meet
Mar 2, 2004 at 10:16 PM Post #16 of 50
I might make it to one of these meets.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 5, 2004 at 2:54 PM Post #18 of 50
im in for a meet, if given atleast a 2 week notice ill take off of work.

i never have been to a meet before, should i bring anything?

like my small headphone setup..i guess

ohh maybe i should start upgradeing ...fast...lol

ok ill bring my interconnects to but only if you all promise not to laugh when you find out there monster cable....ok?

Mar 8, 2004 at 8:37 AM Post #20 of 50
PLEASE PLEASE! I cannot bring much, but I have the SR-80's, the classic Denon PCP 100, the discontinued Senn HD-525's, the very special modded Koss Plugs (if you dare to put them in your ears), and many special CD's. I'd be willing to have it in my own house in Hyde Park but, beware that I few outlets. It is a grand house but was built for gas not electric. This is a true offer. If anyone has good electrical extention appliances to support multiple players I'd love to have it with me. Then I don't have to drive! My house can handle 50 head-nuts BYOB.

Mar 10, 2004 at 5:04 AM Post #23 of 50
I'm planning to attend at least one of these meets, as well. But I won't bring so much equipment like I did the two meets that I attended last year. Therefore, I'm going to bring only one source, one amp and a few headphones and CDs.

Here will be my standardised equipment list for future meets (subject to change):
  1. Portable CD Player (my choice between iRiver SlimX iMP-350, Panasonic SL-CT470, Panasonic SL-SW850 or Sony D-EJ2000)
  2. Grado RA-1 Amp (Battery)
  3. Grado SR-225 and SR-325, Sennheiser HD555 and HD600 Headphones, plus one or two mystery headphones
  4. Various Cables And Power Adapters

Mar 10, 2004 at 8:00 AM Post #25 of 50
Ah, I'm with Norbort--here in Hyde Park would be amazing
smily_headphones1.gif
I can supply two surge protectors that each have 8 outlets, but they don't have much by way of cord length. That, and they are not exactly top-quality dead-silent, I'm sure.

Mar 10, 2004 at 8:21 AM Post #26 of 50
I'm starting to think that a Hyde Park mini-meet that was open to the greater Chicago community (though RSVP so we know how many to expect) would be pretty awesome both in and of itself, and as a warm-up to an all-out Chicago meet! Any interest?

Quote:

Originally posted by oneeyedhobbit
Ah, I'm with Norbort--here in Hyde Park would be amazing
smily_headphones1.gif
I can supply two surge protectors that each have 8 outlets, but they don't have much by way of cord length. That, and they are not exactly top-quality dead-silent, I'm sure.

Mar 10, 2004 at 2:30 PM Post #28 of 50
I would be interested in attending atleast 1 of the 2

biggrin.gif

Mar 14, 2004 at 3:58 AM Post #29 of 50
I'm still pushing the Hyde Park meet. I'd like to see a U. of C. guy step up to the plate and get us a meeting room with some class and comfort. If not, I may have to do something myself, but my home has wiring from the 1800's. Anybody from U of C want to say yea? Ok, next quarter, let's finish this quarter.

Mar 14, 2004 at 4:14 AM Post #30 of 50
What happened to all you Hyde Park/UofC guys when we had the last two meets right there in HP. I've lived in HP my entire life and just recently(temporarily) moved away. If you guys want to do a mini-meet that's cool but I can't organize it. I'll bring whatever you guys want me to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back