Chicago Head-Fi Meet Impressions Thread 1/29/05
Feb 2, 2005 at 3:37 AM Post #121 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by bLue_oNioN
For example, Tyrion in the online world always scared me because of his previous avatar, but in person, he had to be one of the friendliest guys I've ever met.

If only I could remember the scary avatar. I only wish I could have stayed longer. I honestly had a great time.

Feb 2, 2005 at 4:36 AM Post #122 of 144
come I want more pics....

meetandstuff080.jpg

meetandstuff083.jpg

meetandstuff085.jpg

meetandstuff086.jpg

meetandstuff098.jpg

meetandstuff100.jpg

meetandstuff101.jpg

meetandstuff119.jpg

meetandstuff127.jpg

Feb 2, 2005 at 5:00 AM Post #124 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by Born2bwire
Yeah yeah, nice pics Billy... what's this about you dropping that gummi worm????

your driving buddy seen me rip open a pack of gummy worms and 1 fell out on the carpet, I quickly acted to save the gummy worm and once I did I offered the rescued worm to your friend...lol

she is hiding somewhere in Rays house now, I promised the gummy worm I wouldnt tell.

Feb 2, 2005 at 5:02 AM Post #125 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
your driving buddy seen me rip open a pack of gummy worms and 1 fell out on the carpet, I quickly acted to save the gummy worm and once I did I offered the rescued worm to your friend...lol

she is hiding somewhere in Rays house now, I promised the gummy worm I wouldnt tell.

No no no no no no.... I remember walking up to you and Jason when you offered him a gummi worm. Jason quickly refused and me not wanting to waste good sugar and carbs, took you up on the offer instead....

I want my money back.

Feb 2, 2005 at 5:08 AM Post #127 of 144
Quote:

No no no no no no.... I remember walking up to you and Jason when you offered him a gummi worm. Jason quickly refused and me not wanting to waste good sugar and carbs, took you up on the offer instead....

I want my money back.

no the one that fell on the floor I stuck in kevin gilmores sony cd player...

shhh dont tell him.

only one fell, are you sure I gave it to you?
then what did I stick in the cd player?...maybe it was the half eatin doughnut I lost..who knows

hey Kevin hows the cd player sound?...lol j/k

Feb 2, 2005 at 5:18 AM Post #128 of 144
Quote:

I want my money back.

Carbs bad....but they are so delicious!!!!

Feb 2, 2005 at 3:58 PM Post #129 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by swiego
Oh, and I just bought a Benchmark DAC1 to tide me over until I can get that Meridian G08 / Blockhead combination that I have fallen so hard for...

Congratulations.
smily_headphones1.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by swiego
This meet was a financial disaster for me....

They always are for me as well.
frown.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by bLue_oNioN
Philodox always seemed like a nice guy, but in person he was ridiculously nice.

Well, the ridiculous part is right anyways.
tongue.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by strohmie
Dammit, I thought he had forgotten about that picture.

Heh, I don't know if I should be happy or dissapointed that I didnt get a 'silly face' picture.
biggrin.gif

Feb 2, 2005 at 8:42 PM Post #130 of 144

Sure enough there was a gummy worm in my cd player. No wonder
it was working better than ever.

I suggest everyone put gummy worms in their cd player.
I think the yellow ones are the best.

Wow, a new tweek, Who would have thought.

Feb 3, 2005 at 5:26 AM Post #131 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by kevin gilmore

Sure enough there was a gummy worm in my cd player. No wonder
it was working better than ever.

I suggest everyone put gummy worms in their cd player.
I think the yellow ones are the best.

Wow, a new tweek, Who would have thought.

lol

Feb 3, 2005 at 6:09 AM Post #132 of 144
This is late coming but I want to thank everyone at the meet for their hospitality.

My first meet...

I must admit, everyone was so much more chilled out than I thought!

What a great way to spend a day (although I only had a couple hours at the meet). I had a long drive ahead and my wife was tired from her 3 hour hunt at IKEA.

Thanks to the dude with the Benchmark DAC1. I think you have saved me a ton of money as I have found exactly what I was looking for! I was checking head-fi out every day until this meet and afterwards, I have taken quite a bit of time off (gotta be honest)! -Nick

Feb 3, 2005 at 6:29 PM Post #133 of 144
Hi,

I thought that I saw a Bottlehead S.E.X. amp in the mix. Did anyone have an opinion of it? This is not an idle question. I have one on order
wink.gif

Thanks,

Paul

Feb 3, 2005 at 6:53 PM Post #134 of 144
The Bottlehead amp was quite nice, the most 'tubey' tube amp of the meet I think. The Wheatfield had a special magic to it and the Ray Samuels tube amp were quite articulate and fast almost like solid state, but the Bottlehead had that nice warm sound that is very characteristic of tubes. I think it is an amazing deal for the cost of the kit and would highly recommend it. That said I am on the lookout for a Wheatfield and if I am unable to find one I will probably go with the Raptor as it drove my K340's very nicely.
cool.gif

Feb 3, 2005 at 7:09 PM Post #135 of 144
That was my SEX amp.
FYI, I was bored this weekend so I replaced all the signal path wiring in the SEX amp with Cardas 20 ga wire.

It gained a bit of clarity with the new wire. Doc from Bottlehead has hinted at some future upgrades to the SEX amp in the near future.

I may install a stepped attenuator in place of the volume pot some day soon also.

That's why it's the Single Ended Xparementer's amp.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back