Chicago Head-Fi Meet Impressions Thread 1/29/05
Feb 1, 2005 at 7:49 AM Post #106 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
yeah man, dont worry the 5 second rule didnt take into effect yet

Tell that to the hair attached to the gummy.

Feb 1, 2005 at 11:28 AM Post #108 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude
Did you order the Coda/Overture system? If so, then you bring that........and I'll bring this (I'm #2 on the order list), a Max, a PreHead, an HR-2, and some headphones, and we'll have even more reason to grab those beers we've been planning on grabbing (but which our jobs keep getting in the way of). Of course, if we do that, then we have to call Nightfall, and convince him to lug his Moth Audio über-2A3 to wherever we meet. And then we'd also then have to.... Sounds like a mini-meet for us cats, man.

b.gif

I DID get the Coda and Overture...and I LIKE IT!!!
biggrin.gif

Let's talk...soon.
biggrin.gif

Feb 1, 2005 at 4:52 PM Post #111 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover
Did Kevin bring the portable amp he designed called the American Eagle? If so, any impressions?

Unfortunately not... we were also without Omega II's and Qualia's.
frown.gif

Feb 1, 2005 at 5:44 PM Post #112 of 144
Feb 1, 2005 at 5:47 PM Post #113 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by kevin gilmore
Yes i brought it. But few listened to it. Everyone kept stealing available outputs from the cd player to run other things. Next time lots more T connectors.

Nooooo! Why didnt you pimp that thing more? I just figured it wasnt there. Damnit.
frown.gif

*sigh* Well, anyone have any impressions on it?

Feb 1, 2005 at 6:04 PM Post #115 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
The usual warnings apply :-

Nobody without a government 120000 kbps dedicated line must click on the second link
very_evil_smiley.gif

LOL GINORMOUS!!!

wow, that volume knob took like half of my 21" screen
biggrin.gif

I was going to check it out but with all that was going on I simply forgot
frown.gif
where can I find some details and pricing on it? looks like a perfect little box for the office.

Feb 1, 2005 at 6:11 PM Post #116 of 144
Quote:

Sounds like a mini-meet for us cats, man.

So which "hit man" from the Detroit Head-fi Mafia (AKA jude's Wrecking Crew) wants to come to Connecticut,pick me up,then take me back home again after this "mini' meet ?
cool.gif

Feb 1, 2005 at 6:30 PM Post #117 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42
So which "hit man" from the Detroit Head-fi Mafia (AKA jude's Wrecking Crew) wants to come to Connecticut,pick me up,then take me back home again after this "mini' meet ?
cool.gif

I thought Detroit had the Purple Gang?

Feb 1, 2005 at 6:32 PM Post #118 of 144
We need more pictures... come on Bob, I know you are holding out on us here.
icon10.gif

Feb 2, 2005 at 12:32 AM Post #119 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
We need more pictures... come on Bob, I know you are holding out on us here.
icon10.gif

Haha... I'll try to get them up today or tomorrow. Things have been busy at work. Oh, and I just bought a Benchmark DAC1 to tide me over until I can get that Meridian G08 / Blockhead combination that I have fallen so hard for....

This meet was a financial disaster for me....

Feb 2, 2005 at 3:31 AM Post #120 of 144
All possible impressions of the meet have already been covered so I would just like to thank:
Ray Samuels and his entire family for extending unrivaled hospitality. Mrs. Samuels, you are a wonderful cook and make incredible hummus. Those who live under the same roof as you are very lucky.
John (JCB) for doing so much behind-the-scenes dirty work that I felt embarrassed to be there. You don't talk very much, but something about you commands instant respect and admiration, I hope to see you again.
Fred for many things... but mostly your humor. Standing in Ray's kitchen listening to you joke around was one of the meet highlights. I didn't get to talk to you very much at all and hope to during future meets. Thank you very much again for your fire prevention advice.
The one who went to Happy Foods and replenished our soft drink supply for rescuing us all just in time.

Matt and Jason from Shure for being such a generous bunch, you guys are the reason why Shure enjoys such a friendly public face.
Kevin Gilmore, Jefemeister, and supporting vendors, both present and non-present for taking the time to bring and donate gear.

Attending Head-Fi'ers for being so amiable. There were quite a bit of us there and I felt a tad intimidated in the beginning, but never entirely uncomfortable. Fred is right -- if you ever find yourself holding grudges against any members, you need to get out to one of these meets. For example, Tyrion in the online world always scared me because of his previous avatar, but in person, he had to be one of the friendliest guys I've ever met. Philodox always seemed like a nice guy, but in person he was ridiculously nice. I probably spent 10% of my time eating, 70% talking, and only 20% listening.

And last, but certainly not least:
Phil and Jason for driving me to and back -- you two are the best =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back