Chicago Head-Fi Meet Impressions Thread 1/29/05
Feb 3, 2005 at 9:28 PM Post #136 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd R
That was my SEX amp.
FYI, I was bored this weekend so I replaced all the signal path wiring in the SEX amp with Cardas 20 ga wire.

It gained a bit of clarity with the new wire. Doc from Bottlehead has hinted at some future upgrades to the SEX amp in the near future.

I may install a stepped attenuator in place of the volume pot some day soon also.

That's why it's the Single Ended Xparementer's amp.
icon10.gif

Ok, you're no longer allowed to use the SEX abbreviation until you change your avatar.

Feb 3, 2005 at 10:38 PM Post #137 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by bLue_oNioN
Attending Head-Fi'ers for being so amiable. There were quite a bit of us there and I felt a tad intimidated in the beginning, but never entirely uncomfortable. Fred is right -- if you ever find yourself holding grudges against any members, you need to get out to one of these meets. For example, Tyrion in the online world always scared me because of his previous avatar, but in person, he had to be one of the friendliest guys I've ever met.

Now that's funny, lol.

Feb 3, 2005 at 11:38 PM Post #138 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by Born2bwire
Ok, you're no longer allowed to use the SEX abbreviation until you change your avatar.

But I like Bob.
Bob is doing well.......very well.

Feb 4, 2005 at 1:32 AM Post #139 of 144
I would like to say thank you for headfiers that pmed me to let Grace know that they liked her food & appreciated her long hours in the kitchen, also thanks to those who called in person. Thanks to Lewis "CPW" for the beautiful flower that was send to my wife as a token of appreciation. Thanks to all headfiers who posted in this thread thanking Grace for the food that was prepared for them. I would like to say thank you for coming to my humble place & it was pleasure to have you. Also it was great to see the Detroit/Canadian headfeirs joining us in this wonderful event. Thanks to Todd R & his son Charles for making it with the S.E.X.
It was pleasure to have Jason from head amp & Lewis to stay over, we had nice time listening to some vinyl.
I would like to say thanks to Mike "Tyron" who came from Florida with two cakes that were baked by his beautiful daughter specially for ME, I couldn't believe it, I was just joking about having the cake, but it did happen, I am still enjoying the second one with my coffe in the morning, but I did share the first with the head-fiers.
Behind the scene, the credit all goes to Tuberoller, as he went out of his way to bring tables from Billy's mom & dad's place, thank you Billy & say thanks to your parents, then Fred had to go & rent 30 chairs & 4 more tables & bring them over to my place. Beside all the gear that he had recieved from manufacturers & bring it to the meet then spend the next few days packing & shipping them.
I wish I had more time listening but I was worried about having the food on time, as my wife did not want to use the oven where the meet was taking place due to the heat that it would create specially with that many headfier there. If any person left with out food we would like to appologize for that, she tried her best, but she was so dissapointed when every body left then realized that there were some salads, Specially spiced chicken breast, green beens with butter & bread crums that were forgoton to be put on the table.
Again thanks to all for coming over & look forward to seeing you again.
It truely was sad not to have Jude & his lovely family over, I was really hoping that he would make it, also missed Agile one & gsferrarri, whom I believe is still on the highway trying to make it over here.
Cheers to all....
Ray Samuels

Feb 4, 2005 at 3:00 AM Post #140 of 144
Someone could have told me to drive west to Chicago
mad.gif
Im somewhere near Maine now
rolleyes.gif

HA HA
eggosmile.gif

Guys...I will forever regret missing this meet...the biggest loss is mine. Not only did that Headhunter turn out to be a pimp with lowball offers...but Duluth happens to be one of the most depressing places I have ever seen...and I live in Erie now
rolleyes.gif

I wont miss any more meets...no siree!!

Feb 4, 2005 at 6:06 AM Post #141 of 144
Oh, just remembered -- you think that the personal line I have under my name ("Ask him if he ever wants to see another Quail powercord again") is merely in jest.

Tuberoller initially lugged out his setup in the kitchen, and what was in one of his see-through containers but the seven Quail cords I sent him.

It was all I could do not to crawl up into a little ball and start sucking my thumb. I can't even imagine what MisterX must be like right now.

...other than that, good times!
biggrin.gif

Feb 4, 2005 at 6:34 AM Post #143 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
hehe GS your never ever going to hear the end of this...

hehe
atleast you have internet connection on the highway, where are you now?

Nah im in Erie...the Maine thing was a joke...Man I need to land up there in time for a mini-meet at Billy's - *coughhintcough*
biggrin.gif

Feb 12, 2005 at 5:38 PM Post #144 of 144
100_2506.jpg

I just noticed that my stack of CD's and glasses are sitting right next to the Wheatfield.
biggrin.gif

PS. I know that people are still holding out on pictures here.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back