Chicago Area Meet - Saturday April 25 - Part of the Ear Gear Expo at AXPONA 2015
Apr 7, 2015 at 1:27 AM Post #136 of 204
I see it listed under the "new products" portion of the axpona.com site!

Guys, this is my first time going to a thing like this and I had a question: 

Is it OK to bring my own headphones to test different amps/dacs? And what about sources and masters? Can I bring along my own digital storage like DX90 or a memory card or something>? 

I brought my DAP last year and was glad I did. Most vendors have their own music but are happy to let you listen to your own source as well. I also brought my iem's but didn't use them at all. I wouldn't bring full size cans unless you want to carry them around all day.

I also recommend spending your time looking at the different speaker equipment. Even though I don't know as much in that area, some of the setups blew me away.

Apr 7, 2015 at 10:48 AM Post #137 of 204
I had to send my LHLabs Pulse Xfi back to them to get checked out, so unless they turn it around more quickly than the forums are reporting, I won't have any equipment to bring.  I will have one pair of headphones and possibly my Win 8.1 tablet for a source, but that is likely it.

Apr 9, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #139 of 204
Any Head-Fi'ers interested in working part time in our booth?  I'll be short staffed and need some help Fr-Sun.  PM me ASAP and let me know if you have interest.  I do need someone who is familiar with a broad range of headphones and associated gear.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Apr 9, 2015 at 8:08 PM Post #141 of 204
  Will we be paid with Ether headphones? :wink:

If you sell 20 I will happily give you one.  :)  That said, I do want to do something nice for any volunteer help, I'll have to figure that out but I will do something...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Apr 15, 2015 at 7:54 PM Post #143 of 204
I'll be coming too.  Won't need a table though.

Apr 16, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #144 of 204
Just curious, do head-fi'ers also bring things to sell in these events? I've never really been to one.

Apr 16, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #146 of 204
  Just curious, do head-fi'ers also bring things to sell in these events? I've never really been to one.

some people bring stuff they want to sell, saves shipping hassles..  but if you bring it to a meet, a screaming deal is expected!!!  its not the focus though.

Apr 17, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #147 of 204
This is awesome! I just got my first real set of headphones a few days ago (HD650) and I'm looking forward to meeting some of you guys!

I looked at the expo's website and a lot of companies who's amps I'm currently interested in like Woo and Peachtree will be there. For those of you who have been to an event like this, do they have their equipment for people to try as well as buy? I've never been to an event like this so I have no idea what to expect and over the last few days, I've been agonizing over which amp/dac to buy, which has been difficult without actually knowing what they sound like.

Apr 19, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #148 of 204

we will absolutely do this.  I was going to hit the 11:30 room interface seminar.  if you were so inclined, we could meet right after that for a bite?  

This is open to anyone interested of course.

Hey I'd be happy to join you guys if there's room for one or two more. Ghostchili might also want to join us. I'll ask :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back