Chicago area Headphone Meet - January 28th 2017 "ChiUniFi"
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 26, 2017 at 9:08 PM Post #122 of 163
How is the space situation Keith?

well, we've had an influx of people this week.  its going to be tight.  everyone should think about a way to take up as little space as possible.  If we outgrow this venue, we will move for the next one.  a good problem to have.  I will do my best to free up space in the connecting room.

What would be helpful is tables.  if we have some more tables, I think we could really use that connecting room more.  we ran out of tables last time.

SO.. Who can bring a table.  we're talking card table, or long folding table.  If you have one, bring it.  if we dont use it, no biggie.  Call to Arms!!!

Jan 26, 2017 at 10:34 PM Post #125 of 163
Could anyone give me a more local weather forecast. I see rain and below freezing temps. Does not look good for those of us traveling a long ways.
Just checked one of my apps and no rain but a dusting of snow possible.

Jan 26, 2017 at 10:38 PM Post #126 of 163
Just checked one of my apps and no rain but a dusting of snow possible.

I can handle that. It's ice that worries me as my compact car is very light. I should also take up allot less space this time keith. No heat wave bag.
tongue.gif

Jan 27, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #127 of 163
Does anyone coming to the meet has any NAD AMP/DACs I could listen to? I am looking into NAD 1050 or D3020 even though I ordered (not yet received) Schiit Jotunhem. I am using Senns HD650. 

Looking forward to meeting you all tomorrow!

Thanks!

Jan 27, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #129 of 163

well, we've had an influx of people this week.  its going to be tight.  everyone should think about a way to take up as little space as possible.  If we outgrow this venue, we will move for the next one.  a good problem to have.  I will do my best to free up space in the connecting room.

What would be helpful is tables.  if we have some more tables, I think we could really use that connecting room more.  we ran out of tables last time.

SO.. Who can bring a table.  we're talking card table, or long folding table.  If you have one, bring it.  if we dont use it, no biggie.  Call to Arms!!!

How much floor space are we talking here? Number of rooms, etc? I'm wondering if I should just bring my headphones instead of adding a laptop and amplifier.
confused.gif

Jan 27, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #130 of 163

How much floor space are we talking here? Number of rooms, etc? I'm wondering if I should just bring my headphones instead of adding a laptop and amplifier.
confused.gif

Bring what you want to bring.  we'll figure it out.  if we run out of space for gear, we'll deal.  I dont know square footage.  I'm working on the logistics of the connecting room now.  if we have that, all will be well.  I believe.

Jan 27, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #131 of 163

confused.gif

We are all in one big room.  maybe a connecting room as well this time.  figuring that out now.

Jan 27, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #132 of 163
just heard from the room manager that we have the connecting room.  so as long as we have tables to put in there, we can utilize that space.  should be no problems now.  as long as we have tables.  did I mention tables yet?  if you have one, bring it.  a folding table I mean.  you know?  a table that folds up.  usually much easier to carry.  when its folded that is...

who's bringing coffee?

Jan 27, 2017 at 4:07 PM Post #133 of 163
Just arrived in Chicago with anetode. We did not bring tables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back