Chicago area Headphone Meet - Feb 6th 2016 - ChiUniFi
Feb 3, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #151 of 233
Glad you can make it Jude. It will be nice to see you again. Save room for a burger and beer after.

If Jude's showing up he's gonna have to buy milkshakes again.

There's always room for one more!
smily_headphones1.gif

All are welcome.  No fears on room, I will bring extra tables, power, etc.

Feb 3, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #152 of 233
I'm planning on attending with a friend if his schedule cooperates.  Just starting in the hobby so not so much to contribute other than strong interest, a Cypher Labs Theorem 720 portable amp/DAC, and a pair of B&O H6s.

Longtime active member and participant in the Chicago area espresso scene on www.homebarista.com.  I've helped organize several area events like this for crazy coffee equipment nerds like myself, looking forward to meeting new people with a whole new set of passions and obsessions...

Huge fan of the beer selection at Palmer's Place too!

Feb 3, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #153 of 233
Ok, now were finally getting some respectable attendance numbers for our area!!  Hope we outgrow our space!!!!  "but not on saturday"

BTW - Its looking like we will have handful of nice things to raffle off because of some generous members.  I'm sure Jude has an extra Dharma laying around he will be happy to donate as well!!  (giggle) I'm kidding, seriously, dont freak out people.  

anyway, if you might have anything you would like to raffle off for the cause, please bring it along and just let me know.  Raffle tickets are $5 each, or 5 for $20.

If you are new, please click the link in my signature to the area announcement thread and subscribe.

Feb 3, 2016 at 6:15 PM Post #154 of 233
  I'm planning on attending with a friend if his schedule cooperates.  Just starting in the hobby so not so much to contribute other than strong interest, a Cypher Labs Theorem 720 portable amp/DAC, and a pair of B&O H6s.

Longtime active member and participant in the Chicago area espresso scene on www.homebarista.com.  I've helped organize several area events like this for crazy coffee equipment nerds like myself, looking forward to meeting new people with a whole new set of passions and obsessions...

Huge fan of the beer selection at Palmer's Place too!

Let's be sure to talk espresso too at the meet...

Feb 3, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #157 of 233
Hello, I'm new to Head-fi and meets in general.

Is there a certain date/time we need to reply by? 
I'm currently in Michigan and am not quite sure at this time if I can make it back but would like to go. 

Feb 3, 2016 at 11:29 PM Post #158 of 233
Hello, I'm new to Head-fi and meets in general.

Is there a certain date/time we need to reply by? 
I'm currently in Michigan and am not quite sure at this time if I can make it back but would like to go. 

Nope. You can just show up! You should come, because this is shaping up to be an epic meet!

Feb 3, 2016 at 11:42 PM Post #159 of 233
Okay guys, I have a fantastic bit of news! After hearing that jude is bringing Chord's new DAVE to the meet, our good friend warrenpchi reached out to me earlier today, and he will be sending up Cavalli's flagship Liquid Gold for us to pair up with the DAVE at the meet!!!

I've already received confirmation that the LAu is in route to MKE!! Woohoo!!! Thanks Warren!

Feb 4, 2016 at 8:33 AM Post #160 of 233
Okay guys, I have a fantastic bit of news! After hearing that jude is bringing Chord's new DAVE to the meet, our good friend warrenpchi reached out to me earlier today, and he will be sending up Cavalli's flagship Liquid Gold for us to pair up with the DAVE at the meet!!!

I've already received confirmation that the LAu is in route to MKE!! Woohoo!!! Thanks Warren!

I've heard both the DAVE and Liquid Gold separately, and I imagine that's going to be one hell of a pairing. Can't wait to try the two together.

Feb 4, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #161 of 233
Raffle Prize Announcement

All:

Since the meet appears to be getting bigger we're stepping it up with the raffle prizes.  Here is what we have so far:

1. “Omega” style wood headphone stand, suitable for storing your flagship headphones (see them here and below).  Two new stands are up for raffle, each a $30 value.

1. CASEBUDi XXL Sturdy Hard Shell Headphone Carrying Case, suitable for taking your biggest flagships on the road (see it here and below).  New condition, a $35 value.

1.  Schitt WYRD USB Power Decrapifier, for when you want to pretend the USB signal is what’s wrong with your system.  (Yeah, right, it’s your USB  :wink: ) (see it here).  A $100 value.

1. A pair of telos Fujisan Premium In-Ear Headphones, donated by AxelCloris ( thank you! ) (see them here).  Get your IEM goodness flowing with this $300.00 value!

AND,  a special raffle for first time attendees only:

1. A lap dance from Jude !   (no)

1. A Schitt MODI v1 DAC, a great entry level USB DAC.  If this is your first time at Chi-Uni-Fi, you will automatically be entered in this raffle!  But be warned ! you probably WILL go home with this DAC !     Value: priceless.

Thanks again to AxelCloris for the IEM donation!  if anyone else has items in good condition they are willing to donate feel post here and bring them to the meet.

Omega headphone stands (Jude's headphones are included!)

The XXL CASEBUDi likes em big, only your most massive Flagships should apply.

Feb 4, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #165 of 233
I'll donate a set (Cow, Lamb, Protein, Pilot) of ZMF earpads and a Phillips SHP 9500 for the raffle. 

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back