Chicago area Headphone Meet - Feb 6th 2016 - ChiUniFi
Jan 28, 2016 at 11:51 AM Post #92 of 233
  My buddy, @JoelT, and I will be making the trip in from Minneapolis. He'll be bringing his Yggdrasil - Glenn OTL - HD-800 system, and I'll carry along my Bottlehead S.E.X - HE1000 combo. We'll have everything running off his Yggy.

Fingers crossed for good travel weather. List of equipment to be posted for Adamaley/JoelT:

HD800 (modded)
HE-1000
Glenn OTL
Bottlehead S.E.X.
Schiit Yggdrasil

Jan 28, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #93 of 233
lol, first request I've ever seen for people to wash themselves before the meet! lol.. It is good advice though.

I can't remember any specific issues from the Chicago meets I've attended, but I've been at a few other meets/shows where several attendees could have used a shower or three.

Jan 28, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #94 of 233
The washing of hair, and the reduction of hair product used is also appreciated to preserve the sanctity of headband and earpads.  I remember back at the last major ChiUniFi wincing as a rather oily/sweaty guy put my pristine HD800s on his head.  He wasn't a regular so, I have no idea who he was.  He really liked the HD800 out of the first gen Vali though.  

Jan 28, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #95 of 233
I should be able to make it. I will also bring my gear too.

Cavalli Liquid Carbon
Emotiva DC-1
Woo Audio WA7D with solid state p/s (Currently for sale on Audiogon)
Windows laptop
LCD-3F
Audioquest Nighthawk with WyWires balanced cable
AKG Massdrop K7xx
AKG K550 pro
Philips SHP-9500
Audioquest Jitterbug
ATT wifi hotspot
Various Audioquest power and data cables

I can also bring my own table and chairs too.

Jan 28, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #96 of 233
Boy, numbers are growing here.  for those of you who have attended the western springs meet before, do you think I should cap attendance for space reasons?  Fairly certain we will need to use that connecting room as well.

If anyone has an extra table they could bring, we may need it.

Jan 28, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #99 of 233
Saw this too late, and I don't think I'll be able to join this time. Happy to send a couple bucks to offset costs in general though. I didn't see, was there a paypal set up?

Jan 28, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #105 of 233
  Saw this too late, and I don't think I'll be able to join this time. Happy to send a couple bucks to offset costs in general though. I didn't see, was there a paypal set up?

no paypal setup.  if your not coming, you dont need to pay dude.  you say you saw this too late.  are you subscribed to the main announcement thread?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/779645/chicago-area-head-fi-meet-announcement-thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back