Check-in: Who has an SACD player?
Oct 8, 2001 at 7:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 47

MacDEF

Headphone Hussy (will wear anything if it sounds good)
I'd like to know who all the "SACD" people are on Head-Fi. I know of a few, but I don't have a complete list -- if you have an SACD player, please respond below
wink.gif

It would be nice to get an SACD ring together. For example, my local music store actually carries them, so I can keep an eye out for titles for others -- that kind of stuff. Also, if one of us has a question, we'd know whom to PM.

P.S. Jude, a GREAT feature (if any of the code geeks over there could do it) would be the ability to search fields in member profiles. For example, if I wanted to search for Grado owners, or for people in a certain area.

Oct 8, 2001 at 10:04 AM Post #3 of 47
Quote:

Originally posted by MacDEF
P.S. Jude, a GREAT feature (if any of the code geeks over there could do it) would be the ability to search fields in member profiles. For example, if I wanted to search for Grado owners, or for people in a certain area.

That's one we're planning (hopefully soon).

And I'm an SCD-C333ES owner.

Oct 8, 2001 at 6:02 PM Post #4 of 47
I've got a SCD-333ES that is away being mod-ed by Modwright. The wait is killing me.... Maybe Wed. I'll get it back.

markl

Oct 8, 2001 at 11:07 PM Post #5 of 47
SCD-333ES OWNER REPRESENTING!!! what?! what?!

I'll go into more detail about what I think about it once I'm out of shock. It's amazing.

Oh yeah, markl: I can't wait for your review of the mods. The idea of being able to make the scd-333es even better is shocking considering the price.

Oct 9, 2001 at 12:00 AM Post #6 of 47
Congrats, Jon! You'll love it
wink.gif

P.S. Do *you* want the Miles SACD I picked up? I figured *someone* would want it, but no one has grabbed it yet. C'mon guys, don't leave me with two copies
wink.gif

Oct 9, 2001 at 1:03 AM Post #7 of 47
Got a Sony DVP-S9000ES, originally for DVD, but also does SACD. The problem is that after buying a few SACD's, there's not a lot else I want that's been released in SACD format. The sound blows redbook out of the water, but that doesn't help if you're playing the same discs over and over and over...

Oct 9, 2001 at 2:12 AM Post #8 of 47
Quote:

Originally posted by jude

That's one we're planning (hopefully soon).

And I'm an SCD-C333ES owner.

I am just curious. I plan to get a good CDP, but if I can get a good SACD for around the same price maybe I'll consider it. I would also like to know how you like it with normal CD's. Please let me know. Thanks.

Oct 10, 2001 at 7:36 AM Post #12 of 47
Thanks MacDEF for mentioning my name! I was pretty busy this afternoon and didn't have time to read the forums. As many of you know, I just go my SACD player and 'am very happy with the purchase.

Oct 10, 2001 at 8:51 AM Post #13 of 47
775 w/ the BenG Ghetto mods(lead weights and freezer bags w/ sand).

If you have a multi-ch player and open-back/vented phones, playback the rear channels through your speakers and the fronts through your headphones & presto! you've got trailor-trash surround.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 10, 2001 at 4:28 PM Post #14 of 47
To SACD owners:

Do you also get better sound quality with regular CD's on an SACD player? or do you only hear the difference with SACD's. I was curious about Sony's new SACD Changer, SCD-CE775,that goes for only $349. If it makes regular CD's sound better,it may be worth it, but if it only gives you the superior quality with SACD Discs it may not be,especially if you have 300 regular CD's in your collection. Thanks for any help.

Oct 10, 2001 at 5:10 PM Post #15 of 47
Quote:

Do you also get better sound quality with regular CD's on an SACD player? or do you only hear the difference with SACD's.

Everyone who has heard the 333ES seems to agree that it offeres significantly better Redbook playback than other CD players in its price range. Some have compared it favorably to CD players in the $1000 price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back