Cheapest online store/seller to buy M50?
Aug 12, 2010 at 9:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

magx

New Head-Fier
I heard people are buying them for 90$ and even lower.
The best deal i could find is in ebay for 103$ from authorized dealer. He does have best price guarantee so if i can find lower price he will match it(I also don't care buying from different seller if you can recommend one).
Where can i buy it for 90$ or lower?

Aug 12, 2010 at 10:20 PM Post #4 of 16
Wait and buy used is your best option if you want to go much lower than what you have.  Overall, $103 is low enough off of the asking price that it wouldn't bother me to just take the plunge.  Are there fake M50s floating around?  If so, here is a very trustworthy shop for $110, it's the lowest reputable price I've found form a fairly quick search.  They've been in business since before the internet, when you used to order stuff from companies in the back of magazines.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/477843-REG/Audio_Technica_ATH_M50_ATH_M50_Professional_Closed_Back_Studio.html

Considering that minimum advertised price on them is $160 (aka, if you go somewhere like amazon, they will only be allowed to show you the price in cart), I'd be pretty happy at $110.  For $90, you're going to have to wait for specific deals and be ready to pounce.  For example, Beach Camera (one of B&H's main rivals, along with Adorama) recently had the ATH-ESW9 for $200.  But this isn't something you can really count on.  No one will be able to reliably say, "In 8 weeks, JR.com will be clearing out an excess inventory and will have an extra $20 off).  Just yesterday, AKG K518 were $50 on Amazon, and today they're $80.  You never know these things.

Cliffs notes: $90 is an unreasonable expectation to readily find these.  Either wait and lurk all of the available avenues, or accept the currently-available prices.

Aug 12, 2010 at 10:29 PM Post #5 of 16
i just don't get the whole "fretting over $13".
if it was a potential $50 in savings, sure, go bargain hunting.
but, at some point the time spent hunting the $87 deal is worth more than the $13 i would save...
(not to mention the pitfalls of ordering from a potentially unscrupulous ebay seller.  um, no thanks.)

thats just my $.02. 
biggrin.gif

Aug 12, 2010 at 10:31 PM Post #6 of 16
A Head-Fier posted this link in the For Sale forums a while back, and I bought my m50 from them:
http://www.geartree.com/p-25437-audiathm50-audio-technica-ath-m50-closed-back-monit.aspx
$104.95, free s&h. I'm happy with the service -- they shipped using UPS.

Aug 12, 2010 at 11:00 PM Post #7 of 16

Quote:
A Head-Fier posted this link in the For Sale forums a while back, and I bought my m50 from them:
http://www.geartree.com/p-25437-audiathm50-audio-technica-ath-m50-closed-back-monit.aspx
$104.95, free s&h. I'm happy with the service -- they shipped using UPS.

That was me 
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 12, 2010 at 11:00 PM Post #8 of 16
I'm not going to wait until i see 90$ offer. I plan on buying from this seller:
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Audio-Technica-ATH-M50s-Headphones-ATH-M50-s-M50-/370419258626?pt=DJ_Gear_Lighting#ht_2878wt_911
He's top seller(with 99.9% positive feedbacks) and he's authorized AT dealer.
He wrote he will match up any lower offer and i remembered reading here about 90$ offer so i decided to ask :)

Oh and if you already reading this:
What will be better- coiled cable that will be stretched some times or straight cable that will be folded most of the time? Its probably doesn't matter but what will you choose ? 

Aug 13, 2010 at 1:41 AM Post #13 of 16
Aug 13, 2010 at 1:42 AM Post #14 of 16
MSRP is meaningless.  The Sennheiser HD650 for example, have one of $650, whereas they sell for as low as $350 from authorized vendors.  Almost half off!

That being said, if you are finding M50 for less than $90, it's right to suspect something, especially from a non-authorized vendor.  Always remember, caveat emptor (buyer beware), and if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

Aug 13, 2010 at 1:47 AM Post #15 of 16

Quote:

That being said, if you are finding M50 for less than $90, it's right to suspect something, especially from a non-authorized vendor.  Always remember, caveat emptor (buyer beware), and if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

lol....actually i was thinking on that, the price says everything. Specially coming from non authorized dealers. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back