Cheaper Dac / Amp Combos
Sep 14, 2007 at 10:59 PM Post #31 of 40
Oops, I just looked at how much the Cantate is. Sorry, it's a bit out of your price range.
frown.gif

However, I *did* find the following on eBay:

O1 Headphone Amp w/DAC

It's $250US and I believe got a pretty positive review here at some point.

Sep 15, 2007 at 5:27 AM Post #34 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by neilometer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've heard very good things about the iBasso, but am wondering, can I use the aux out and the headphone out simultaneously? What I mean is, can I keep the aux analog out plugged into my speaker amp and use the headphone jack too?

Unfortunately, no, the DAC (aux) out overrides the headphone output when both are connected.

But unless your intention is to listen to your headphones while simultaneously driving loudspeakers, it is simply a matter of using the desired connection. Since both are at the front of the unit, they are readily accessible.

Sep 15, 2007 at 8:55 AM Post #36 of 40
Dexdexter,

Thanks for clearing that up, and, no I don't intend to drive them both simultaneously That would be... redundant? I am just lazy with the cables.
icon10.gif

So...

I'm still very tempted by that "O1" amp that I posted earlier. It even has the same case as my Trends UD-10! As of now, it's either that or the iBasso.

Chrispy, which way are you leaning?

Sep 15, 2007 at 8:36 PM Post #38 of 40
I found some head-fi threads about the O1 dac/amp. I'm now confused about its quality. The last thread in particular has opinions all over the map on this thing.

Good pics in this one
Positive review from a mini-meet
Confusing opinions

I think for me the decision is between the following three:
  • iBasso D1
  • O1
  • EMU 0404 USB

Like I said earlier, I will be feeding the DAC from a Trends UD-10 (which I'm still confused about needing at all) into some Beyer DT880's.

Chrispy, thanks for this thread. Hopefully, we can all help each other decide what is the best value for our hard-earned money. I'm still such a noob at this, please forgive my over-eager noob posts!
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back