Cheap Speakers
Nov 7, 2009 at 12:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

quane

100+ Head-Fier
So I'm looking for a pair of as good as possible speakers for a very small budget - £50. Don't really care how many there are or the size of them but would prefer them with a sub included. This will be used for PC and PC only.

Cheers

Nov 7, 2009 at 1:34 PM Post #3 of 27
Seriously?
biggrin.gif

Forgot to mention, please avoid eBay links

Nov 7, 2009 at 6:46 PM Post #5 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cheap, good, £50, with sub do not deserve to be said together.

I'm currently listening to X-230 and I think they're fairly decent if I could go a pair of speakers without a sub and could connect them to the X-230 sub that would be brilliant. I just want something bigger and more powerful, speaker wise.

Nov 8, 2009 at 3:49 PM Post #6 of 27
Any moar ideas?

Nov 8, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #7 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by quane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any moar ideas?

Sell some of your stuff and try to find a real bargain somewhere.

You cant go far with so low money.
redface.gif

Nov 8, 2009 at 5:20 PM Post #8 of 27
Nov 8, 2009 at 7:16 PM Post #9 of 27
Build your own. Beg and borrow tools and pick up a pair of full range speakers. You ought to be able to pull off a Zigmahornet or Voigt Pipes.

I'd go through the additional trouble of building speakers. Inexpensive commercial speakers are typically crap, with 90% of the cost going to profit and the box it comes in. You'll be paying for parts that amount to the cost of a pint or two. Getting your own drivers and building a quality cabinet maximizes your value. These singledrivers sound quite good, as well.

Nov 8, 2009 at 9:10 PM Post #11 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Build your own. Beg and borrow tools and pick up a pair of full range speakers. You ought to be able to pull off a Zigmahornet or Voigt Pipes.

I'd go through the additional trouble of building speakers. Inexpensive commercial speakers are typically crap, with 90% of the cost going to profit and the box it comes in. You'll be paying for parts that amount to the cost of a pint or two. Getting your own drivers and building a quality cabinet maximizes your value. These singledrivers sound quite good, as well.

Now, I would prefer this option but sadly I have no way to access any of the tools necessary and even if I managed to get someone to build the case for me then it's un-likely that it would cost under £50.

Nov 9, 2009 at 6:26 PM Post #12 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by quane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well if no-one can contribute something of value then at least help me choose between these 2 - Altec VS2621 - Speakers - From Altec Lansing UK - United Kingdom and Altec VS2421 - Speakers - From Altec Lansing UK - United Kingdom

I don't think buying one of these two kits will be a upgrade, even as a very small improvement.

Your solutions are : DIY (maybe with scavenge items even !) or finding a bargain on a garage sale, also ebay can be good solution.

Or stretch your budget by any means and buy STUDIOPHILE AV 40, cheap decent speakers, but i am sure you can find them used for £50.

Nov 13, 2009 at 12:29 AM Post #14 of 27
How are Eltax Concept Mini?

They are probably ***** compared to Eltax higher end units but still, they are made by a pro brand and they fit my budget perfectly.

Also I take it they come with banana connections, how hard would it be to convert them to work with 3.5mm jack (so i can use it with my computah).

Nov 13, 2009 at 4:21 PM Post #15 of 27
bump, anyone know about the elmax speakers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back