Cheap solutions for headphone stands?
Jun 28, 2009 at 7:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

shasty

100+ Head-Fier
I couldn't believe headphone stands cost more than 30 dollars, seriously they're just pieces of polished wood or metal.
I was trying to find alternate solutions and came across this:
Amazon.com: Banana Tree - Sierra Banana Holder (Walnut) (6.5"W x 13"H): Kitchen & Dining

It looks very elegant, and seems like the hook is long enough to hang headphones. I wonder if I can bend the hook to be perfect.

Anyone else have ideas for a headphone stand?

Jun 28, 2009 at 8:57 AM Post #3 of 15
Koss Hold-a-fones are something like $6, if they fit your table.

Jun 28, 2009 at 10:24 AM Post #4 of 15
Excellent thread. Even though I have now a nice stand for two pair of cans, its wooden base doesn't feel right to put on a hot amp. The ventilation is blocked, you know. A banana stand would solve the dilemma, although I wouldn't be sure to keep my headphones pre-heated
frown.gif

Jun 28, 2009 at 11:19 AM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by paaj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
images
+
images
+
images

It's nice and easy otherwise, but how to store dual-entry headphones (aka. the real 'phones)?
wink.gif

Jun 28, 2009 at 11:34 AM Post #7 of 15
I'm going to give a local carpenter that made my entire room a picture of a well known headphone stand that usually goes for 40$~ shipped and he'll make it for less than 15$.
I don't understand why the headphone brands charge so much for headphone stands.

Jun 28, 2009 at 11:42 AM Post #8 of 15
i made one by wrapping PVC piping in duct tape (looks like [) and gluing it. Theres no PVC inside it anymore (i peeled the tape off and then pulled it off, so it has a crumple zone that acts like padding)
Cost me like... $1.50 (because we had some lying around).
Looks incredibly "DIY"

Jun 28, 2009 at 11:48 AM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by progo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's nice and easy otherwise, but how to store dual-entry headphones (aka. the real 'phones)?
wink.gif

I wasn't really thinking about a clothes hanger construction, more like the middle-eastern houses with those wooden poles sticking out
smile.gif

Jun 28, 2009 at 4:12 PM Post #11 of 15
How about just screwing the lid of a pickle jar to the wall, wrapping said jar in whatever kind of cushy fabric you want, and screwing the jar into the lid? Voila! Instant wall-mounted headphone stand.

Jun 28, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #12 of 15
I bought a $2.99 robe hanger that you are meant to screw into the bathroom door. I screwed it into the side of my desk and hang my ATH-M50 on it instead. I already have a Sennheiser desk headphone hanger for my other pair of headphones.

Jun 28, 2009 at 6:43 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by acidbasement /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about just screwing the lid of a pickle jar to the wall, wrapping said jar in whatever kind of cushy fabric you want, and screwing the jar into the lid? Voila! Instant wall-mounted headphone stand.

Plus storage for odds and ends inside the jar!

*tenzip likes this idea*

All my plastic peanut butter jars are hung vertically under shelves for storage of small parts and fasteners, but they would work for this, too.

Jun 28, 2009 at 9:06 PM Post #15 of 15
Check out the DIY headphone stand thread here. It has lots of good ideas and some of them are very cheap. Also a lot of the stands that people make are beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back