Cheap replacement IEM cables for shure's
Nov 9, 2013 at 12:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

nastynice

100+ Head-Fier
Hi

I've been looking around for replacement cables for shure headphones, but all I come across are these really hardcore expensive cables that cost over $100.  I see that shure themself sell replacement cable for about $25, but the reason I want a replacement is because I want something shorter so I can use it with my armband when I workout.  Does anyone know where I can come across some of these types of cables?  What is the connection even called that goes into the earphone?

I don't want crappy cheap, but just something on the same level as the stock shure cables, around $25 or so.  Thanks

Nov 9, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #2 of 4
Almost all cables are 4' or 5' , a shorter one has to be custom = expensive by nature. Wrap the cable around the armband, or leave it hanging at your back just like the image on the right

Nov 9, 2013 at 12:54 PM Post #3 of 4
  Hi

I've been looking around for replacement cables for shure headphones, but all I come across are these really hardcore expensive cables that cost over $100.  I see that shure themself sell replacement cable for about $25, but the reason I want a replacement is because I want something shorter so I can use it with my armband when I workout.  Does anyone know where I can come across some of these types of cables?  What is the connection even called that goes into the earphone?

I don't want crappy cheap, but just something on the same level as the stock shure cables, around $25 or so.  Thanks

squal is right, most if not all cables are going to be 48 inches or above. i would check out ted's headfood. he might be able to make you a cable slightly cheaper than normal becuase less material = less time and money and labor...so if could be somewhat cheaper but i would say not cheaper than 50.00 for your run in the mill copper cable. but dont quote me on that

Nov 9, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #4 of 4
Oh, this is bad news.  Thanks for the replies. 

I might just go with jaybirds and not deal with a wire at all, but everytime I read up on them people say "they sound good for what they are", which makes it hard for me to gauge wether they are actually good sounding or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back