Cheap Headphones
Apr 4, 2011 at 8:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

CraquiSeb

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I need some help in choosing some new good headphones. I usually use them for listening music on my iPod Touch and on my computer and sometimes for mixing at home (I'm not a pro). I mostly listen to trance, dubstep, hardstyle (headhunterz, etc...)  and hardcore (endymion, etc...). I can spend 200 euros or less. Thanks for helping me!

Apr 5, 2011 at 8:55 AM Post #4 of 7
Well even with that, you probably want a closed model. Closed headphones are exactly that, closed, so they don't leak much sound and isolate better. Also their bass is frequently heavier and punchier. However, they sometimes lack in high frequencies and their soundstage (ability to place the instruments in a certain spot when you visualize the music) isn't as good as in open headphones.

With that said, I would recommend the ATH-M50, the Shure SRH750, and maybe look a bit into Ultrasone. I doubt either one will disappoint you.

Apr 5, 2011 at 2:32 PM Post #6 of 7
That was my first reaction when I joined head-fi and researched for my first pair of headphones.  I remember thinking how ridiculous it was that some headphones were dependent on powerful headphone amplifiers.  That was awhile ago though haha.  Anyways, for bass heavy genres, especially electronica, I can't recommend Ultrasone enough.  The HFI 580/780 would work perfect for you.  Similarly, the Shure 750DJ have quite a reputation around here.

Quote:
Thanks LizardKing1! I'm looking some Ultrasone's headphones. I'm stunned by the variety of headphones that exists... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back