cheap gym earphones
Jul 30, 2011 at 1:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Emerican

New Head-Fier
im looking for cheap, durable earphones i can use for working out at the gym. my previous set of headphones, the skullcandy inkd, shortened out on me (the left ear went out after about a month and a half). could you guys recommend some earphones that wont short out, last a while, and are good for gym use? ive already had suggestions of going with the marshmallows, or giving the inkd another try, but im open to other recommendations. thanks.

Jul 30, 2011 at 3:13 AM Post #4 of 11
You can try the Soundmagic PL-30

They are very durable to me... I am quite clumsy so I often tug at the wires, and it wound up inside the washing machine and still going

Using for quite a whle, very comfortable as well

Jul 30, 2011 at 2:49 PM Post #5 of 11
my favorite in this category is the old school: creative ep-630. $20 from amazon, available in 4 colors. stay in solid, comfortable, light, sound great.

Aug 1, 2011 at 12:38 PM Post #8 of 11
Did you try the Sennheisers? The 680s are pretty good, and naturally I prefer the CX680 for the sound. But currently Im using the Bose MIE2i, due to the comfortable earfins and not-tightfit buds, nice for running.

Aug 4, 2011 at 6:10 AM Post #9 of 11
I have the PL30, true they are durable.
False, they are not the best, if you like warm sound, nothing more, this is your choice.
I have now some Dunu, i can tell they are at the level of famous 250/300 earphones,
And mine just cost 50€ (trident), so it is very clear too me : Dunu.

Aug 4, 2011 at 6:49 AM Post #10 of 11
I have heard that using headphones while exercising can be dangerous as the blood is diverted from the ears to the limbs, which leaves the inner ear more vulnerable than normal. There is some info in this article: http://gilmore2.chem.northwestern.edu/articles/hearing_art.htm

Aug 4, 2011 at 7:00 AM Post #11 of 11
Get inked again. I have had mine from 08 and they are still strong. I use them for both the gym and dog walks. Dog walks can get ugly when you have problems with other dogs. I've had the Inked pulled out many times and they stay together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back