Cheap for travel
Sep 12, 2012 at 6:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Debas

New Head-Fier
Hi, I've been reading around the forum a bit and looked at the gear section but I decided to make an account to ask a question. I'm going to be traveling for round an hour each day by bus or by bike. I want a new pair or earphones for the journey and general listening. My budget is roughly $100. I currently have a pair or Skull Candy FMJ ear buds. I saw the REO's in the gear section and thought they looked pretty good. I've also been looming at the S500 JVC's to import but I much prefer in ear rather than on ear. I've also looked at the Monster Turbine's but I'm not sure. I listen to piano, rock, a bit of hip hop, D&B and love scores from movies. Any recommendations will be great, I've also looked at the TF10 and would love then but I don't have enough. I also can't save for them as I'm leaving back to the UK in two weeks.
Thanks in advance.

Sep 12, 2012 at 6:38 PM Post #2 of 15
I would suggest the Etymotic MC5 or MC3 IEMs.

For your trip and travels, they isolate like no other.

The also come with a free App called !Awareness which allows you to integrate outside sounds into your music stream.

Worth a look, Jim

Sep 12, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #3 of 15
I would suggest the Etymotic MC5 or MC3 IEMs.

For your trip and travels, they isolate like no other.

The also come with a free App called !Awareness which allows you to integrate outside sounds into your music stream.

Worth a look, Jim

Thanks, the MC3 look pretty good and in budget. The isolation will be nice as I will use them for studying. I can't use the app on my iPod as I have a classic but it will work on my android. Is there going to be a huge difference to my current FMJ's ?

Sep 12, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #4 of 15
Quote:
Thanks, the MC3 look pretty good and in budget. The isolation will be nice as I will use them for studying. I can't use the app on my iPod as I have a classic but it will work on my android.

Good, Do keep in mind though. Others will be along to weigh in as well.

Jim

Sep 13, 2012 at 11:20 AM Post #6 of 15
Sep 13, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #7 of 15
The RE0 are great buy under $100 and they sound realy amazing, other IEMs like Sony EX510, JVC FX3X are great sounding.

Sep 16, 2012 at 10:54 AM Post #10 of 15
Quote:
I've managed to get a bit of extra cash so I'm going to buy the TF10 when I get to DC. Is my best bet amazon or is there shop in DC?

You may check out the Airport Shops...

Jim

Sep 16, 2012 at 11:23 AM Post #12 of 15
Sep 16, 2012 at 11:59 AM Post #14 of 15
Quote:
Didn't expect that. Thanks Jim, I called and they don't well them at the airport store. I'm just going to buy them off amazon. It might be a little more but I'm only in DC form three days. Thanks for all the help.

Hey no prob...

Check back in and let us know how you make out.

Jim

Sep 18, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #15 of 15
They just arrived and wow, comfy and the isolation is amazing. Tips seem good and sound is much better than my old FMJ's

Edit: wow, they sound awesome. Just listened to an instrumental for a song and heard an instrument that I've never noticed before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back