Cheap , decent amp for Koss Pro DJ100
Dec 30, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #16 of 20
I get what you're saying but I don't have the funds to buy both new cans and a dac or whatever , and any headphones would sound like *ss on the integrated one.

I don't get what he's saying. A new set of cans would certainly have an effect on tonal balance, but the degree of musical information fed into them remains static. It's like we're back in 1979. :)

Edit: text

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #18 of 20
I don't get what he's saying. A new set of cans would certainly have an effect on tonal balance, but the degree of musical information fed into them remains static. It's like we're back in 1979.
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit: text

OP wants a very large change in tonal character. Very large

The only thing that can change it is EQ on the amp level, or an extremely colored amp whose purposes is modifying tonality(and thus not very transparent)

I have a lot of amps and DACs. A lot. I use them on every level and range of headphones because I have a lot of them but even then, it's only because of the fact that I have them and not because the $50 IEMs need them

Jan 1, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #20 of 20
Sorry for not answering ,new year came up ( Happy new year! ) .

Yes , I do want the overall audio quality to improve , little more bass if possible , just a reasonable amount , I listen to only rock at home for the most part , the volume is not a problem, they are  loud enough as they are right now. I do not really want to buy new cans , again , as I've stated,  because I don't have the money to invest in them , I've only thought that my integrated audio card is limiting the performance of my current ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back