Cheap, but good balanced amp.
Apr 26, 2007 at 8:04 PM Post #46 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by cotdt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how come you're using a balanced headphone cable but no balanced amp? you owe it to yourself to try balanced.

i use my hd650 and dt880 balanced straight out of my mini-dac. sounds quite good. i think a dedicated balanced amp will sound better, but i'm not positive about that, at least with regard to the entry level ones. i may just save for an Apache or something along those lines. that would be a real improvement.

Apr 26, 2007 at 8:09 PM Post #47 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i use my hd650 and dt880 balanced straight out of my mini-dac. sounds quite good. i think a dedicated balanced amp will sound better, but i'm not positive about that, at least with regard to the entry level ones. i may just save for an Apache or something along those lines. that would be a real improvement.

yes, from personal experience i can tell you that it will be much more dynamic from a good balanced amp. it would depend on whether you like dynamics, or a flat lifeless sound.

Apr 26, 2007 at 9:08 PM Post #48 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by cotdt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes, from personal experience i can tell you that it will be much more dynamic from a good balanced amp. it would depend on whether you like dynamics, or a flat lifeless sound.

yes. flat and lifeless is really what i've been working toward all these years.
rolleyes.gif

what kind of comment is that?

Apr 27, 2007 at 3:09 AM Post #50 of 50
Thanks for all the info. I think I'm going to try and save up or sell some gear to get the Headroom Desktop Balanced amp. It's nice that you don't need a balanced source and has the DAC option. We'll see when I can actually get them. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back