Charlotte, NC Meet: April 19th 2014
Apr 12, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #438 of 530
Matt, how are you liking your Tesla 12AU7? I think it's my favorite tube with the Crack now...loving it!

Apr 12, 2014 at 10:02 AM Post #439 of 530
The Tesla is great but I've liked several others too. I'll try to remember my box of tubes. The most significant tube that I've rolled with the crack is the TS5998. And it's not even close. 

Apr 12, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #440 of 530
If anyone is interested, I may be able to bring some extra tubes that I am no longer using, or have never used (NOS), to sell/trade or whatever. Several of these include Mullard XF 1 and 2s, RCA, Tesla EL34s and other tube types and brands such as Telefunken, Amperex Bugle Boys, RCAs, Sylvania, TungSol, Siemens, Hallicrafters, among others. 

As far as trading, I do not accept young children for trade although I understand. Really nice girlfriends may be a different matter but I must have a good return policy...on the girlfriend not the tubes. 

Let me know which tubes (12AX, AU, AT, 6DJ8, 6SL7 etc) in which you are most interested. 

Apr 12, 2014 at 11:57 AM Post #441 of 530
  The Tesla is great but I've liked several others too. I'll try to remember my box of tubes. The most significant tube that I've rolled with the crack is the TS5998. And it's not even close

Yup, as far as power tubes I agree the TS 5998 is one of the best I've used. I'm running the Tesla 12AU7 and the TS 5998 together and it's just gotten better over time. I'd like to hear the GEC Brown Base someday, which some people say is noticeably better than the 5998, but I'm not willing to drop that kind of cash on a single tube!

Apr 12, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #444 of 530
If anyone is interested, I may be able to bring some extra tubes that I am no longer using, or have never used (NOS), to sell/trade or whatever. Several of these include Mullard XF 1 and 2s, RCA, Tesla EL34s and other tube types and brands such as Telefunken, Amperex Bugle Boys, RCAs, Sylvania, TungSol, Siemens, Hallicrafters, among others. 

As far as trading, I do not accept young children for trade although I understand. Really nice girlfriends may be a different matter but I must have a good return policy...on the girlfriend not the tubes. 

Let me know which tubes (12AX, AU, AT, 6DJ8, 6SL7 etc) in which you are most interested. 
I would be interested in some 6DJ8, 6922s since I'm bringing my Lyr out.

Oh btw, I'll have my Schiit Modi that I'll be willing to sell with cables and all if anyone is interested.

Apr 12, 2014 at 3:03 PM Post #445 of 530
In that family I will have some Amperex Bugle Boys, Amperex orange globes, Amperex 6922s, very rareTelefunkens, and ultra rare Siemens E188CC/7308. I'll see if I have any others to bring along for some fun. 

Apr 12, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #448 of 530
"Danny you have any quads of the Mullard XF1 or 2, if so you have been holding out on me"

Yes, I have been holding out on you. I may actually have two quads of XF1s but they cost a boat load. Are you sure you want me to bring them along for you to try? You may not be able to resist after you hear the Holy Grail of EL34s. I may only have 3 XF2s but I will check further to see if I have the fourth.

Apr 13, 2014 at 1:30 AM Post #450 of 530
I'll be arriving in Charlotte around 8:30-9:00 and would love to get together with some of you guys and have some drinks.  Wife decided she didn't feel comfortable with me going alone so she's tagging along to the hotel but not the activities so I'll have to drop her off first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back