Charlotte, NC Meet: April 19th 2014
Apr 10, 2014 at 6:17 PM Post #422 of 530
I still plan on being there, but this is an insanely hectic time right now as my wife and I are buying our first house and are supposed to close on it in 2 weeks. We will be packing too. I may swing by for a bit, sans gear, if that's ok...I'll do my best to still bring some of my equipment but that depends on the home situation. Not like there will be any shortage of Crack amps anyhow!
wink_face.gif

Apr 10, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #423 of 530
I'm leaning on not bringing my Crack as well. Can't be easily packed like other gear, and many are already bringing it. Will bring Quickie though.

Apr 10, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #424 of 530
excited about the meet, even started making a playlist

So people have been losing their mind about this Light Harmonic's Lightspeed USB cable over on the computer audiophile website so i've rented one from Cable Co. to compare to the WireWorld Platinum USB ive been using. The LH cable should be coming in next week, if anyone wants to compare it to their cable to see if there is actually a difference or compare the WWP and the LH on their system ill bring it. Otherwise i'll just bring whichever one i like best with my setup at the time.

Apr 10, 2014 at 11:42 PM Post #425 of 530
Can't come. I work Saturday. Oh well. Then again, I probably couldn't come anyway since I'm in the process of modifying my headphones again (trying to put in AD2000x drivers I got), and I don't have the parts for it yet.

I was also going to bring some custom made headphones that used bose cube speakers, but that project didn't turn out very well. Way too loud, the frequency response was jacked up, and the enclosure I put them in made everything sound like it was in a seashell (earmuffs). Maybe if I get someone (probably me...) to make a wooden baffle that I can drill the speakers in (50mm), and somehow rig some earpads and a headband on it, I can get them to sound right, but for now, it's a no go. Tis a shame really, since the soundstage and imaging was better than any headphone that I've ever heard, even with the noted anomalies. 

Apr 11, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #426 of 530
Hey guys,

Called to book my room today and when I mentioned 'the event' on Saturday, he seemed to know what I was talking about.  He asked if I need two doubles or a king, and then booked my room.  I wanted to post for the significance that he said the room was only going to be $50 for each of the two nights (not sure if it's $50 because of two nights instead of one).  He gave me a total price (with tax) of $117 and some cents.

Apr 11, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #428 of 530
Sorry, didn't mean to have too much fun at your expense...

Trying out a range of equipment is the point of the meet. It's not the best way to know what's best for you, but it's a great way to narrow down the field and help you focus on the few products that worked best for your music and your ears. You're certainly welcome to try the HE-500 on my setups; I'll bring an HE-6 as well, so you can see how different members of the same family compare, too.

One of the great things about hi-fi meets is that you might learn that there's no single ultimate setup. Or maybe that's one of the worst things, since it can make the hobby even more expensive than it has to be...

No offense taken!

It will be interesting to compare the HE-500 to the HE-6. I've only had a chance to compare to the HD-650 until now.
Thanks for the warning about the impending expense - not sure how deep the rabbit hole goes... The more I read, the more there is to read. It's time to start listening!

I'm looking forward to seeing what gear gives audible improvements (for my ears).

Apr 11, 2014 at 8:35 PM Post #431 of 530
For those of us who will be there on Friday night, could we plan possibly to meet somewhere for a little meet and greet or something? 

Apr 11, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #432 of 530
I think Alex said there is a bar at the hotel which would be easy meeting point for the out of towners, then we could go get some food or something from there maybe

Apr 11, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #435 of 530
For those of us who will be there on Friday night, could we plan possibly to meet somewhere for a little meet and greet or something? 

I'm down if my flight arrives early enough....

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back