Charlotte, NC Meet: April 19th 2014
Mar 24, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #361 of 530
I didn't read those comments to mean he'd have those amps for sale but that they would be used to demonstrate the hp's. I could be wrong...it happened once before. 

Oh I know I was just making the statement. Cavalli Audio has a sale on them at the moment. At its sale price it could possibly be worth the price as end game. I'm usually critical of their non sale prices in general. I feel the EC amps are worth their asking prices usually in the high quality transformers they use. The liquid glass seems like a very versatile endgame amp with plenty of power for even the HE-6 and I think it's a dead sexy amp personally. Just at its non sale price I couldn't justify it even if I had the money when placed next to competition like the BA.

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #364 of 530
JWahl or anyone,
I will be there with my Denon D7K,s looking to match them up with a good smooth amp. have my ears on the Eddie Current Aana Deux SE, & Woo Audio WA6-SE. What do you suggest? or something else? sorry for asking here but the D7k's are so old school know one is talking them up anywhere anymore.

Mar 25, 2014 at 8:31 AM Post #370 of 530
I called twice yesterday and spoke to a nice young lady. She said that she knew nothing about the discount but did see that headfi had scheduled a meeting on the 19th. She said that she would check with the manager. I'll call back today and try again. 

Mar 27, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #372 of 530
I'm still down for this meet. Been bugging the piss out of my managers to get the off time Approved, that I put in for like a month ago... scehdules come out 2 weeks ahead of time, so I'll be there FOR SURE

and to update my list, in case I haven't told u guys

my HE 4 and W1000x are both getting a Mini Azude Ear Ring mod, and each will be feed by a Half Sleeved 24 AWG OCC Midnight Cable, built by Brian at BTG. I guess for those of you who want to listen to the w1000x or HE 4 will need to swap out the cables although the W1000x will be fed by my Portable Rig... so it's complicated <3

I might have to pony up for another cable or see if some one has one I can barrow [maybe the dudes at Moon Audio will lend me a cable, I can do some free advertiseing for them lol]

Non the less my HE 4 is also getting fitted with wood Cups made my MonkyNutz, so I'm the happy owner of three wood back headphones <3.

Just hoping Briant at BTG can get all of this work done before te 19'th 

Mar 27, 2014 at 5:03 PM Post #373 of 530
Hey guys.  I'm in!
I will be bringing all my portable goodies.

DAP
ipod touch (I know.  Who cares)
ipod nano  (ditto)
iBasso DX50  (All Flac are 16/44 redbook rips from CD with dBPoweramp)

Amps
RSA Intruder
Neco Soundlabs V2
Headstage arrow 2.2g (older model)

Cans
Grado RS1i (balanced RSA plug & 1/8" plug capable)
AKG K702 - stock

iem (Ususally people don't care to listen to an iem, but you can if you have your own tips.  
wink_face.gif
)   
     (And I will have some spare rubber tips hanging around you can use if you want)
UE TF10 (with moon audio black dragon cable - balanced RSA plug)
UE TF10 (2nd pair with Jaben ES8 cable - 1/8")
UE Super fi 5 - (with Jaben ES8 cable - 1/8")
Shure SE-530 - (stock, old, and little rubber things falling off the top...)

I am interested in hearing Fostex TH-900, Mr. Speakers Alphadogs, any closed can.  Also Beyerdynamic T1, but didn't see it on the list.  Beyer DT880, 770. 990.

Afghan Vet.  I would definitely be interested in hearing your car setup.  I have a pretty serious setup in my truck as well.  

Super excited about this guys.  Can't wait to see you all again, and meet new people I have been reading about.  Sorry I missed Winston Salem.

Here is my one liner for the first page.  Left out most of the "meh" items.
Howlin Fester - Portable equipment - Ibasso DX50, ipods, RSA Intruder, Neco v2, Arrow 2.2, Grado RS1i (balanced RSA / SE 1/8"), AKG 702, IEMs

Mar 28, 2014 at 8:25 AM Post #374 of 530
I might have to pony up for another cable or see if some one has one I can barrow [maybe the dudes at Moon Audio will lend me a cable, I can do some free advertiseing for them lol]

I'm bringing two sets of HiFiMan-compatible cables. One is the stock HE-6 cable, the other is homemade. You can borrow one for the meet, or experiment.

For whatever it's worth, the stock HiFiMan cables are technically very good. I mostly made my own because I wanted something with better ergonomics

Users who are viewing this thread

Back