Charlotte, NC Meet: April 19th 2014
Jan 16, 2014 at 6:56 AM Post #62 of 530
Good to see some newcomers!
beerchug.gif

Jan 16, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #63 of 530
Well I'm new to the Head-Fi scene but I would be very interested in attending, any weekend would work for me, preferably in April.

I don't have much but I'll bring:
Surface Pro w/Foobar2K
Schiit Modi
Schiit Vali
Philips Fidelio X1s
Grado SR-60s
High-Res Music :wink:

Jan 17, 2014 at 4:12 AM Post #64 of 530
Well I'm new to the Head-Fi scene but I would be very interested in attending, any weekend would work for me, preferably in April.

I don't have much but I'll bring:
Surface Pro w/Foobar2K
Schiit Modi
Schiit Vali
Philips Fidelio X1s
Grado SR-60s
High-Res Music
wink.gif

Egar to hear the X1 I am, have we confirmed this as April 5'th... I need a month advance notice to get the time off work >.> 

Jan 17, 2014 at 4:28 AM Post #65 of 530
Alright I'm 90% certain to come now. After adding in the PJCCS upgrade to my Quickie and the Speedball for my Crack, my HD800 chain is truly something else now. It has nearly the bass impact of planar magnetics and very lush sounding and euphonic. I enjoy it with rock and pop, genres most say the HD800 is not good at, but I find myself using it more than my HE-500 even for those genres. Truly a great all-arounder now. The idea of using the Quickie as a preamp for headphone amps is a foreign concept, but it's starting to gain traction and others have so far reported similar astonishing results. I guess to make sure I'm not crazy and truly allow this idea to spread like wildfire would be to take it to a meet.

Jan 17, 2014 at 9:01 AM Post #66 of 530
Not sure yet, but I may be able to make it.

If so I'll bring HD600, SRH-840 and SR80i cans and my Modi and Asgard 2.

Yeah, I've downgraded, so no LCD-2s this time.

Jan 17, 2014 at 2:18 PM Post #67 of 530
  Not sure yet, but I may be able to make it.

If so I'll bring HD600, SRH-840 and SR80i cans and my Modi and Asgard 2.

Yeah, I've downgraded, so no LCD-2s this time.

SOUTH CAROLINA... we need a mini meet for us South Carolinians. Or we shoudl all car pool! 

Jan 17, 2014 at 2:23 PM Post #68 of 530
  SOUTH CAROLINA... we need a mini meet for us South Carolinians. Or we shoudl all car pool! 

Agreed. Charlotte isn't a bad drive at all for me atleast but it would nice to have something catered to South Carolina residents.  

Jan 17, 2014 at 2:38 PM Post #69 of 530
  Agreed. Charlotte isn't a bad drive at all for me atleast but it would nice to have something catered to South Carolina residents.  

Where do you live dude... there is three of us... I think we could do something half decent at a local library or some other free venue! 

I'm in Myrtle Beach. I actually have a small PC rePair shop that has a back room... Oh yea... I HAVE room for a 10 or so man Meet at out Shop :O

We should do it! Seriously! Heck let me go make a thread for it! We got the space and the tables AND it's in... like a Stone walled almost Dugeon looking room. Very clean but also very quiet... and kinda dark... great place for all those colorful glowing amps :D [there are lights]

OMG yes :D

Thread is made, so yea! We could totally doing something in March before the Big Charollette meet, the only issue with the space is outlets, the larger room only has 4 but it's a big room [easily fit 20 ppl] and the smaller room has 6 outles but only room for 10 ppl. Still all in all I've got the space and outlets for maybe like 6-7 Desktop Rigs with a small 4foot Table or so [we've got some White 6 footers here] 

Jan 17, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #70 of 530
Happy to see this Charlotte meet shaping up. I'm in Durham and would welcome carpooling with others.

This will be my first meet. I've been lurking for a while, and really appreciate the Head-Fi accumulated wisdom. I can bring a Senn HD545 and either Amperior or Onkyo (one of these will be sent back). I'm excited to get to compare my HD545 to the HD600 and HD800, as well as sample some of the other terrific stuff being mentioned.

-Sherri (aka "TurtleEars")

Jan 18, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #71 of 530
1st post updated with new attendees.  Welcome to all the newcomers and thanks for coming out. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 18, 2014 at 6:07 PM Post #72 of 530
1st post updated with new attendees.  Welcome to all the newcomers and thanks for coming out. :)

You can mark me down as a definite as long as it stays on a weekend. :) Also, it's likely I would be being a guest as well.

Jan 20, 2014 at 2:40 PM Post #74 of 530
I am going to attend. I'll bring Fostex TH900 + Peachtree Nova

Jan 20, 2014 at 3:55 PM Post #75 of 530
I am going to attend as well. I will be probably bringing my HE-500's and I'm in the process of deciding on/getting an amp and DAC so I could bring that as well as some quality audio (I listen to alot of IDM/electronic and instrumental). Looking forward to meeting you guys and testing out some great equipment! I am also a South Carolina resident haha I live in West Columbia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back