Charlotte, NC Meet: April 19th 2014
Jan 5, 2014 at 8:12 PM Post #33 of 530
I have several different versions of most of these tubes (6dj8,6922, 12au7,12at7,12ax7) such as Telefunken, Amperex (Bugle Boy), etc. If you want to roll some of these I can plan to bring some different ones along. Do you need them in pairs or what? 
Also, can you narrow down the specific tube/tubes you will be using in the amp or does it not matter?

Jan 5, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #35 of 530
I think the tube rolling would be interesting. And I just noticed this power chart on their website:

http://www.garage1217.com/POWERSPECS/Ember.png

It seems as if the power delivery was designed specifically for the 62 ohm impedance of the AKG 7 series. Even the soloist is double down/half up so 4w@16 ohm would be about 1w into 62ohms. This could be very interesting indeed. Especially for the price. Only downside to tube rolling at meets is warm up time and such.

Jan 7, 2014 at 8:18 PM Post #37 of 530
Finally a meet near me!  I'm going to make every effort to be there - and I could bring most of my gear.  I'd prefer someone else bring a WA7 since I hate moving mine, but if no one else says they will then I'll lug mine along.

Jan 7, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #38 of 530
April 5 works for me too.

Jan 8, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #39 of 530
So is anyone planning on bringing the the newly announced HE-400i or HE-560 to the meet??
biggrin.gif
I'm tempted to pre-order the HE-400i and I haven't even read impressions yet. From my understanding they begin shipping in March... not sure if they would arrive on time, which is a shame.

Jan 8, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #41 of 530
  So is anyone planning on bringing the the newly announced HE-400i or HE-560 to the meet??
biggrin.gif
I'm tempted to pre-order the HE-400i and I haven't even read impressions yet. From my understanding they begin shipping in March... not sure if they would arrive on time, which is a shame.

eek.gif
......Wow, I didn't expect that at all.  Very nice looking.  Headband is very Stax-like.  Looks like they're going for a working man's 009.  How opportunistic you post that here since I'm considering buying an HE-500 before the meet. 
wink_face.gif
  This looks difficult to resist.  Though retail is a little pricier for the 560.  Hopefully they'll offer a pre-order discount like the EF-6.  Looks like I might have to shoot for a refurb Macbook Pro now, Maybe even sell my desktop, if I can do without my PC gaming (PS4 maybe?)

Jan 8, 2014 at 7:56 PM Post #42 of 530
They both look great! Not sure what the wood is on the HE-560. Details are still sparse, but I may place an order and try to get the HE-400i before the meet if possible. Only tidbits I've read suggests that they have a different sound signature as previous models. Someone mentioned they sound more like electrostats. If I can find the quote I'll post a link.

Jan 12, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #43 of 530
I would be driving from Atlanta, so I'm a bit on the fence at the current moment. I would probably bring what's listed in my sig. Also maybe the Koss ESP950.

Jan 12, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #44 of 530
Just an update that we are still in the process of hammering out a location. Details will be posted as they become available. In the meantime. Feel free to post any updates to gear or planned updates and I will adjust accordingly. Mine has been updated with an Anedio D1 DAC that I will be buying on Tuesday. Found a lucky deal on the FS forums for $600. Also updated my planned purchases.

Jan 13, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #45 of 530
Hey there,

I would gladly like to tag along. I am not an adult though. I am 16  years old and if it's not a problem I would like to go to this meet.
I promise you I'm not immature and/ or annoying. I went to a previous Winston Salem meet and absolutely enjoyed the experience.
Also, even though I don't own summit-fi equipment, I do own some mid-fi equipment that could possibly add to your list. I own a pair
of white V-moda m100 headphones and Westone 3 IEM's. Please reply if I will be able to attend. Thank you
dt880smile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back