Charlotte, NC Meet: April 19th 2014
Jan 13, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #48 of 530
Well then if it fits with my schedule, then I will definitely go
smily_headphones1.gif
 Count me and my v-moda m100 and westone 3 in!!

Jan 13, 2014 at 9:07 PM Post #49 of 530
I'd be interested in driving up from Greenville, S.C. That day should work for me. I could bring:
Mad Dog v 3.2
NAD Viso HP50
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80
O2 Objective amp w/ larger WAU 16-1000 power supply
ODAC
Scott Nixon NOS Dac
Hornshoppe Truth Buffered Preamp

Jan 13, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #50 of 530
  Hey there,

I would gladly like to tag along. I am not an adult though. I am 16  years old and if it's not a problem I would like to go to this meet.
  I promise you I'm not immature and/ or annoying. I went to a previous Winston Salem meet and absolutely enjoyed the experience.
  Also, even though I don't own summit-fi equipment, I do own some mid-fi equipment that could possibly add to your list. I own a pair
  of white V-moda m100 headphones and Westone 3 IEM's. Please reply if I will be able to attend. Thank you
dt880smile.png

I certainly have no problem with it. Several of us were at the Winston-Salem meet as well, including myself. Though I showed up a little later than planned. Like other's have said, It's cool that you can appreciate quality audio at your age. Back then, I thought Bose was top of the line audio 
rolleyes.gif

Jan 14, 2014 at 8:44 AM Post #52 of 530
hey guys! I'm DEFINATLY going to be there... I missed Winstom Salem :[ and I'm not happy about that so I'm GOING to b there this time

any how I've got a lot of balanced gear 

Audio gd nfb 10ES2
iBasso pb1 [buying a pb2 this week]
Hifiman Hm801 
Audio Technica w1000x [Purrin Mod L3000 pads] SingleEnd
Beyerdynamic DT 880 600ohm Balanced [Zombie_X reCable] 
Denon AHD AD2k D7k Cable Balanced Termination, Martin Custom Audio Cocobolo Wood Cups Lawton Audio Pads+Driver Mods

and the 
Schiit Vali :D

looking forward to hearing those high end electro Stats :3

Jan 14, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #55 of 530

I certainly have no problem with it. Several of us were at the Winston-Salem meet as well, including myself. Though I showed up a little later than planned. Like other's have said, It's cool that you can appreciate quality audio at your age. Back then, I thought Bose was top of the line audio 
rolleyes.gif

Haha that was me 3 years ago, but I got out of that in a month after owning the qc15. I felt like I could have so much better audio quality and man have I never been so right hehe. Actually today someone said my Westone 3's looked very weird. Then they asked if they were good and I said of course. Then I told him the price was $300 (I payed $160 on an amazon sale) and he was all like "But my bose are better and i payed only $100!" I have never face palmed that hard in awhile haha. I would have given him a listen, but i dont like other people wearing them with my comply tips and so far everyone who has tried to put them in correctly completely fail. So oh well. I try to get people in my school more serious about audio quality when it comes to headphones, but until they hear the truth it is hard for them to truly know.....

Jan 15, 2014 at 6:46 AM Post #56 of 530
  Haha that was me 3 years ago, but I got out of that in a month after owning the qc15. I felt like I could have so much better audio quality and man have I never been so right hehe. Actually today someone said my Westone 3's looked very weird. Then they asked if they were good and I said of course. Then I told him the price was $300 (I payed $160 on an amazon sale) and he was all like "But my bose are better and i payed only $100!" I have never face palmed that hard in awhile haha. I would have given him a listen, but i dont like other people wearing them with my comply tips and so far everyone who has tried to put them in correctly completely fail. So oh well. I try to get people in my school more serious about audio quality when it comes to headphones, but until they hear the truth it is hard for them to truly know.....

Had a similar situation, a co-worker was at my house one day and saw my headphone collection on the bookshelf. He asked- "are those better than beats?" I just nodded my head and said "yeah, little bit".

Jan 15, 2014 at 1:41 PM Post #57 of 530
1st time meet. Count me in.not much eqp though. FiiO E17, E12, Denon AH-D7000...just crawlin.

well and AH D7000 is sure a heck of a lot better than most of what I have now xD

I'm egar to see how your [stock] D7k sounds to my [HEAVILY] modded and balanced D2k 

Jan 15, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #58 of 530
Is it a showoff and tell event ?

Jan 15, 2014 at 8:20 PM Post #59 of 530
Yea, this meet should be great. I'm excited just to see all the stuff i've just been reading about. I'm an old schooler & gone are the days ( at lest in my aera) where u can just go vist the hi-fi store to take a listen & sample a piece of Equipment or vinyl before you buy. I'm dating my self now. Chillin with the D7k's right now....Much sound luv phiers.

Jan 16, 2014 at 12:02 AM Post #60 of 530
Created an account just to reply to this thread. Excited for my first meet. I just got into the hobby a couple months ago, so I only have budget-fi stuff right now, but I can bring HD 202, NXG HTDJ, JVC S400 and FiiO E6. Hopefully by meet time that list will include E11 and ATH-ES700. Looking forward to meeting everyone and hearing some real head-fi! :beyersmile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back