Charleston Cable Company Headphone Cables and Interconnects
Dec 17, 2014 at 11:57 AM Post #31 of 57
My XLR interconnects arrived this morning. Once again, 8 days from the USA to the UK. Once again, great product. I was unsure about the nylon sleeving because I've seen it done badly on other cables. No such worries here though. They look very classy.

Dec 22, 2014 at 4:56 AM Post #32 of 57
  Hi Guys,

Just received XLR entry level cables for my Sennheiser HD650's and I'm very happy with the product.  The headphones are sound quality has vastly improved using these cables.  I live in Perth, Western Australia and I'm halfway around the world and they were quickly dispatched to me after ordering.

Cheers Rod

How's the improvement that the Entry Level made to your HD650 compared to stock? I am looking around for a replacement cable for my Senn HD600 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 20, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #33 of 57
I recently ordered a XLR cable and cable adapter for my HD650's from CCC.  I'm looking forward to these cables.

I'll post my impressions once I get a chance to try them out.

Mike 

Jan 22, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #34 of 57
I ordered a balanced cable from charleston cable company months ago and like the indecisive person I am I immediately emailed and begged to cancel and they were extremely nice!  

Jan 24, 2015 at 6:13 AM Post #35 of 57
I highly recommend Charleston cable : Good quality build and large improvement on the sound quality. there is an important difference with the stock cable in term of sound and quality. i order one for my brand new H800.
their customer service is one of the best i have ever deal with

Jan 24, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #36 of 57
I have received my dual 3-Pin XLR 15' headphone cable and XLR to 1/4 TRS adapter cable from Charleston Cable Company for my HD650's.  Shipping was extremely fast! 
These cables are truly a work of art.  I'm very impressed with the quality and craftsmanship.  Compared to other offerings, you cannot beat these cables for the price.

I can't claim any improvements in sound quality but, I will say these cables sound clear and transparent.

I'm very happy and will definitely buy from CCC again.

Mike

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:58 PM Post #37 of 57
I just received Chris's entry level Canare cable for my Audeze LCD-2.2F. The cable is a work of art that just screams quality. I got it for strength and longevity improvements over the stock cable. He also shipped it the same day I ordered it. Impressed all around.

Mar 28, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #39 of 57
I have wanted to get into the listening experience of a great pair of headphones since my first encounter with true "hi-fi" [which mirrored John Atkinson's impressions in an article in Stereophile on the Audeze LCD-X, except that I got mine in 1967]:

"I well remember my first "real" headphones: a pair of Koss Pro4AAs that I bought back in 1970. The Kosses were relatively expensive, but, like headphones today, they allowed an audiophile with limited cash to get a taste of high-end sound that was not possible with a speaker-based system. I bought the Pro4AAs because I had become fascinated with how the images of the instruments and singers were strung along a line between my ears inside my head. It seemed so much more intimate—a more direct connection with the music—than playback through loudspeakers."

Since then, I have had various and sundry models like the Sennheiser HD414, the AKG K701, and the Stax Lambda Pro with the SRM-MK2 amplifier; however, they all left me wanting more, as it were. So instead I perused "the absolute surround sound" with the very first Lexicon CP-1, and sub sequentially all of their other versions, finally landing on the MC-12B EQ with a 7.2 system of very nice Italian speakers and American Subs and Amps. I am very happy with it [but not sure if my wife is].

In researching the latest headphones, custom in-ear monitors, and headphone amplifiers, I came across a link to the Charleston Cable Company as an Audeze dealer [in my home town, no less!]. Since I had never heard any of the new breed of headphones, I contacted Chris who was very accommodating with an in-home demonstration of Audeze, Hifiman, Resonessence [and of course his cables] for me and a co-worker who is very much into the 2-channel world.

I fell in love with the planar magnetic Audeze LCD-X [and have since gotten my own pair]; however, the key element in getting that "more pleasing sound" that I chase was his Audiophile Level UPOCC cables. With the stock cables, the sound was good; but with the C3 cables the sound was spectacular! The difference is not subtle. I have not tried any other of the various high-end headphone cables, and I am sure there are some very fine ones out there; however, Chris's cables are wonderful, hand-made with loving care, beautifully done and [since he is a young company] very reasonably priced for what you get [I got a 10 foot length balanced cable and a 1 foot 1/4" adapter cable]. I would urge anyone with our passion for beautiful, detailed, encompassing, emergent musical sounds to give Charleston Cable Company a try. I know that you will not be disappointed.

Apr 4, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #40 of 57
Got the audiophile universal cables a few weeks back for my hd800 and alpha prime. I must say that the cables are well made and got to me very quickly. They are quality with good workmanship in an understated manner.

As for sound, I do hear a marked improvement over all frequencies while using the cable versus stock. Both the 800 and prime have opened up and I hear everything from treble to bass much more clearly at all listening volumes. Also, both soundstage and micro details have improved for me. There is less noise and more air between the notes. Everything just sounds a little less grainy and a little more effortless regardless of the amp or source being used. I've tested this cable on everything from my iPod/iPad, phone, computer, ak120, centrance m8, to schiit rag.

This cable is a head scratcher for me as it doesn't really change the headphones' sound in any way. The 800s sound like the 800 and the primes sound like the prime just better all around with more details comming through. I don't know if what I am saying makes sense to those of you reading this post. This cable does not color the sound of the phones that it is attached to in any way. It just makes them better overall.

In summary, I would not recommend this cable for anyone who is trying to change a phone's particular sound signature because it won't do that. What it will do is make the phone it is attached to a better phone overall. This cable takes a phone's particular sound and opens everything up allowing said phone be a better version of itself. Hopefully, this all makes sense.

Happy listening all.

Sep 3, 2016 at 1:09 AM Post #42 of 57

Oct 1, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #43 of 57

I just received my 3c Universal Headphone UPOCC cable with HIfiman connects.  I love the fact that I can future proof my cable for other headphones that I might buy.  Still giving an initial listen of Peter Gabriel's Passion in 24 Bit.  Initial thoughts are that the sound is more open, like a larger soundstage.  The music seems to really "open" up.  The difference between these and the stock Hifiman cables is perceptible.  Build quality appears excellent with strong supports around the connectionsI had to replace the Hifiman cables so the difference in price between a stock hifiman cable and these cables is more than worth it.    Great product.  I am very happy with the choice.  And if you have multiple pairs of headphones or believe you may buy more in the future, the Universal option is definitely the way to go.

Paul

Oct 16, 2016 at 2:30 AM Post #44 of 57
I bought a balanced cable (Astell&Kern style 2.5mm TRRS connector on my Onkyo DP-X1) for my HD800. The price was very reasonable at $185 for the 5' cable (entry-level Canare), as I had gotten some ballpark quotes at a Head-Fi meet and they were running into the $650 to $800 range due to the rarity of the HD800 connectors. For a $1000 DAP and $1400 headphones, that's pretty stiff.

I was worried the first time as I could only hear audio from one side, but I found out the jack wasn't fully inserted and required some force to push through. Hasn't been a problem since, and I don't know if the issue was with the socket or the jack. I also worry about the durability of a 2.5mm jack but that's A&K's boneheaded design decision, not C3's fault). The player sounds phenomenal through the balanced outputs on the HD800, so count me a satisfied customer. My only problem is that I now regret not spending the extra $55 to get the teflon-insulated Cardas cable midrange version instead.

Also worth mentioning is C3's excellent customer service: I had originally ordered a 3' cable as I don't like excess cords, but then thought that might be too short in some situations and asked them to bump it up to 5' (same price). Chris did so, and the order shipped the same day.

Oct 28, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #45 of 57
I ordered and received a Canare entry level cable from Chris to connect my Sennheiser HD-650 phones to a Ray Samuels Audio F-35 balanced portable amp. I also purchased an adapter cable from Chris that enables me to use the cable with a 1/4" single end jack connector so I can enjoy it with older amps I already own.

I am using the FiiO X5 Series II player as my source with the 650s and the F-35. Since receiving the cable, I've been enjoying an assortment of jazz and classical recordings and have noticed improved fidelity, clarity and overall richness of sound.

I was extremely favorably impressed by the build quality and workmanship of the cable and adapter. Chris was very responsive and informative in responding to my questions and helping me to make my decision about what I needed to order. I also received the cable and adapter relatively quickly after ordering.

I am extremely pleased with this transaction and would gladly recommend Chris and C3 to anyone in need of a replacement cable, especially one that requires a specialty connector.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back