Chaintech AV-710 Setup Thread, Including True 44.1kHz Wolfson Output in XP
Sep 4, 2007 at 2:11 AM Post #121 of 512
Sorry about the delay, I was out of town for the weekend.

Yes, I have tried the trick using spdif and pcm; didn't seem to work. One thing I have noticed is that if I output sound through DS and then stop playback and switch output to kernel streaming (3.63) it works well. The only problem is that it's a pain to do everytime winamp boots. I think the KS is legit, because the volume bar doesn't work and the sound card is locked and won't play any other stuff. ASIO gets no love, as it doesn't work no matter what I try. If only I could get KS to work, I'd be fine with that - do you know of any versions known to work with this card?

Sep 5, 2007 at 11:19 PM Post #122 of 512
So wait, you DON'T set it to Hi Sample Rate, ever? And can someone tell what the purpose of using Foobar is if you don't use it for resampling? It's being buggy for me and won't let my play itunes sometimes.

Quoting from this thread:

Quote:

Originally Posted by aestuo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lastly, check to see if foobar passthrough is working. Play a song in iTunes, then close itunes and open foobar. That song should be queued up in foobar. iTunes settings that invoke the kernel mixer should now no longer work: including the volume bar, equalizer, ect. Use your soundcard's settings instead.

My volume bar works in itunes. The master volume bar of my computers volume control also works. Is this normal?

Sep 6, 2007 at 6:08 AM Post #123 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by andy43 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So wait, you DON'T set it to Hi Sample Rate, ever? And can someone tell what the purpose of using Foobar is if you don't use it for resampling? It's being buggy for me and won't let my play itunes sometimes.

Correct, Hi-Sample Rate is not necessary and not recommended unless you want to force resampling. Foobar is popular because it supports a variety of formats and the ASIO and Kernel Streaming plug-ins for it are readily available and good. The iTunes+Foobar workaround is buggy.

Sep 7, 2007 at 4:18 AM Post #124 of 512
Wow this does work. I'm running the 3.24c because those were the last that offered EAX emulation and it stops the sound stutter problem in Oblivion. (make sure that EAX emulation aka "gaming support" is off for kernel streaming to work)

I have the card hooked up to my HT reciever via optical, front stereo, and rear channels on the HQ DAC. (Yes, using the rear out on the card sounds better than using my receiver's DAC over optical - Aiwa AV-NW31)

I'm using foobar2000 kernel streaming. I set it up like you said. I played a 44.1kHz LPCM DTS track and it decodes perfectly over the optical, so I know kernel streaming is working.

I only switch my receiver's input mode to use the card's rear HQ output and the I get static because I'm still playing the DTS file (an encoded track through a DAC will make your ears bleed). Anyway, I simply switch tracks and viola!

I had a feeling something like this would work because every time I keep it on automatic sample rate it would switch to 32kHz when playing MPEG file over the net.

Sep 7, 2007 at 8:47 PM Post #128 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by MontyPythizzle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is this possible with the 5.20 drivers, or only with the 4.73s?
If not can you post a DL link to the 4.73s.

Read the original post.
tongue.gif

Sep 7, 2007 at 9:08 PM Post #129 of 512
NICE, instaled them, and then got BSOD when I played the music.
Also, the Audio Deck does not install or something 0_o.
HMM.
I will try to install them ONE more time.
Also, it always says unload or uninstall Audio Deck before installing, and I have deleted the folder, tried the uninstall icon under the Start menu to no avail...

Sep 7, 2007 at 9:13 PM Post #130 of 512
If you deleted the folder first, you won't be able to uninstall the proper way from the Add/Remove Programs box. Try reinstalling the other drivers, then uninstall them again.

Just checking... Are you using Windows XP?

Also, try disabling your onboard sound in the BIOS if you haven't done so already as it (and its drivers) could cause conflicts with the new sound card.

Sep 7, 2007 at 9:17 PM Post #131 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitesymphony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you deleted the folder first, you won't be able to uninstall the proper way from the Add/Remove Programs box. Try reinstalling the other drivers, then uninstall them again.

Just checking... Are you using Windows XP?

Also, try disabling your onboard sound in the BIOS if you haven't done so already as it (and its drivers) could cause conflicts with the new sound card.

Sound is coming out from the line out, it sounds great (way better than the headphone out), but IDK if it has the correct settings w/o looking at the CP.
I'll reinstall and then uninstall.

Sep 7, 2007 at 10:31 PM Post #133 of 512
Quote:

...none of the CP files went to the folder so I just copied and pasted them there...

I'm not sure what you mean. You installed, then uninstalled the original drivers properly (by going to Start, Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs), rebooted, then ran the setup for the 4.73b drivers, correct?

If so, everything should automatically install.

Sep 7, 2007 at 11:00 PM Post #134 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitesymphony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not sure what you mean. You installed, then uninstalled the original drivers properly (by going to Start, Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs), rebooted, then ran the setup for the 4.73b drivers, correct?

If so, everything should automatically install.

You would think....
Yes, very weird...
I just copied all of the files out of the RAR in the CPANEL folder or w/e and then put them in the audio deck folder :O

Sep 7, 2007 at 11:02 PM Post #135 of 512
Quote:

I just copied all of the files out of the RAR in the CPANEL folder or w/e and then put them in the audio deck folder :O

What RAR? All of the drivers are in ZIP files... Copying files to a folder is not the same as installing the drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back