Chaintech AV-710 setup guide (revised)
Jan 20, 2005 at 7:35 PM Post #16 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by TNT
breez, are you sure that the Wolfson DAC gets used that way? I mean, just because you get signal out on rear channels doesn't mean it's going through the quality DAC. And what's the point of the Hi-rez switch in that case?
I mean, I hope you're right about this but it seems to me too good to be true.

PS, nice guide Conraed

I'm quite sure as the black output jack is physically connected to the output pins of the Wolfson chip.

Jan 20, 2005 at 8:18 PM Post #17 of 110
Let me rephrase my previous post. Can you disable the resampler in Kmixer so the 24/96 output of the Chaintech's Wolfson Dacs isnt degraded. Is there a patch or application I can install to use Itunes but not Kmixer? I want to stick to Itunes and not use Foobar.

Feb 12, 2005 at 6:58 PM Post #18 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by bundee1
Let me rephrase my previous post. Can you disable the resampler in Kmixer so the 24/96 output of the Chaintech's Wolfson Dacs isnt degraded. Is there a patch or application I can install to use Itunes but not Kmixer? I want to stick to Itunes and not use Foobar.

AFAIK you cannot disable the resampling in Kmixer or replace Kmixer. I don't know if there is an alternative for itunes though.

Feb 14, 2005 at 10:12 AM Post #19 of 110
Bundee1: I'm in the same boat as you. All my music is AAC encoded and I love ITunes and would prefer to use it. Am I missing something or should I do something to enhance the 96khz sound?

Thanks,

TonyAAA

Feb 16, 2005 at 1:20 AM Post #20 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guust-Fi
Bit perfect – External DAC
The digital SPDIF optical output of the AV-710 is bit-perfect when used with Kernel Streaming, however if you with to get bit-perfect output from DirectSound applications, like iTunes, you'll need to flash its firmware to that of the Audiotrack Prodigy.

I couldn't get this to work. I must have done something wrong. I can get bit-perfect output with original firmware in foobar with KS and with winamp with ASIO, and I can get bit-perfect output with prodigy firmware with foobar with KS and with winamp with ASIO, but I could not get bit-perfect output using direct sound outputs. I never tried itunes but I would think that if itunes can do bit perfect output with DS than foobar at least could and probably winamp. What special settings need to be do this. Thanks for any help.

Feb 16, 2005 at 3:20 AM Post #21 of 110
Does anyone why when I'm playing music in f00bar and another music source is played (ie AIM,website,etc), it mutes f00bar. I have to either restart the song or click on the progress bar to bring the volume back.

I"m not sure what driver I have but it says: 5.12.01.3614

Feb 17, 2005 at 12:21 AM Post #24 of 110
unwrapped it. swallowed it. 10 mins later, i'm hearing all these new highs.

i have a pair of 3 way yamaha bookshelf ns's. I didn't realize that almost all my sounds was coming from the bottom. Now I'm being attacked by all 3.

made my week.

Lovely card. but there is no way i'm going to be able to listen to anything sub 192k for sure now.

dan

Mar 1, 2005 at 1:45 AM Post #25 of 110
Hi, I got my Chaintech av-710 soundcard and everything went fair with the setup using the original setup guide by Mr.Radar and reading through Guudt-Fi revised setup guide. Used the1.43d drivers, running win98se.
Went into Foobar2000 set Playback>Output to waveOut- OK, then
waveOut to Evny24 Family Audio(WDM), next
Playback to 24bit fixed-point padded to 32 bit, and no Dither as per guide.
Added Resampler(SSRC) then 96000 Hz with slow mode checked.

Tried to play a song I didn't get any sound and this error code:

INFO (CORE) : opening file for playback :
INFO (CORE) : location: "file://E:\flacMusic\The Beatles\Let It Be\03-Across The Universe.flac" (0)
ERROR (foo_output_std) : MMSYSTEM008 This function is not supported. Use the Capabilities function to determine what this driver supports.

Playing aroung I figured out it has something to do with the waveOut to Evny24 Family Audio(WDM) &/or Playback to 24bit fixed-point padded to 32 bit.
If I change Playback to 16bit fixed-point and leave waveOut to Evny24 Family Audio(WDM)the songs plays fine.
Next if I change waveOut to Microsound Sound Mapper and leave Playback to 24bit fixed-point padded to 32 bit the songs play fine.

Any suggestions on these setting would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Mar 1, 2005 at 10:03 PM Post #27 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by infiniti029
omg, why are running win98 se? PLEASE UPGRADE.

Probably will get XP in the near future (next fall). Are you trying to drum up business for Bill Gates or is it necessary for my problem?

Mar 2, 2005 at 1:05 AM Post #28 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfer
Hi, I got my Chaintech av-710 soundcard and everything went fair with the setup using the original setup guide by Mr.Radar and reading through Guudt-Fi revised setup guide. Used the1.43d drivers, running win98se.
Went into Foobar2000 set Playback>Output to waveOut- OK, then
waveOut to Evny24 Family Audio(WDM), next
Playback to 24bit fixed-point padded to 32 bit, and no Dither as per guide.
Added Resampler(SSRC) then 96000 Hz with slow mode checked.

Tried to play a song I didn't get any sound and this error code:

INFO (CORE) : opening file for playback :
INFO (CORE) : location: "file://E:\flacMusic\The Beatles\Let It Be\03-Across The Universe.flac" (0)
ERROR (foo_output_std) : MMSYSTEM008 This function is not supported. Use the Capabilities function to determine what this driver supports.

Playing aroung I figured out it has something to do with the waveOut to Evny24 Family Audio(WDM) &/or Playback to 24bit fixed-point padded to 32 bit.
If I change Playback to 16bit fixed-point and leave waveOut to Evny24 Family Audio(WDM)the songs plays fine.
Next if I change waveOut to Microsound Sound Mapper and leave Playback to 24bit fixed-point padded to 32 bit the songs play fine.

Any suggestions on these setting would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

In preferences\output select kernel streaming then in the kernel streaming tab select envy 24 family audio wdm... That should see you right
biggrin.gif

Mar 2, 2005 at 1:32 AM Post #29 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oink1
In preferences\output select kernel streaming then in the kernel streaming tab select envy 24 family audio wdm... That should see you right
biggrin.gif

I don't have that option in output. According to Mr.Radar guide "If you're on Windows ME or 98 then you'll need to use WaveOut or DirectSound instead." And I am running win98se

Users who are viewing this thread

Back