Chaintech AV-710 setup guide (revised)
Mar 3, 2005 at 5:01 AM Post #31 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by sanne
so is the bug where the audio stream getting interrupted by other sounds when using KS or ASIO only specific to the AV-710?

No I read about that, I not running KS or ASIO, just basically running waveout and the Envy24 HT-S drivers(Evny24 Family Audio(WDM)). I didnt have the drivers before I got the soundcard.

Mar 10, 2005 at 5:03 PM Post #32 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guust-Fi
Drivers
The 1.43d drivers are good because they do not have the volume bug. Starting from 3.10 and up to the 4.32b drivers (released 24 October – which I use) all firmware has this little bug that causes the sound level to change only on one channel after adjustment of the main volume control sliders in the via control panel.

Anyone here know if the latest version of the drivers (4.42a, relesed 1/12) still have this bug?

Mar 12, 2005 at 2:19 AM Post #33 of 110
Can anyone provide me with the "Original" Chaintech firmware ini file??

Like an idiot I flashed mine to the Prodigy hack not realizing that it would only work off the Optical. I have Klipsch Ultra 5.1's that only input Analog
rolleyes.gif
Stupid I know.

If someone has the orignal Av-710 firmware I would greatly appreciate sharing it with me. Thanks in advance!

Mar 12, 2005 at 8:28 PM Post #36 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadh
Can anyone provide me with the "Original" Chaintech firmware ini file??

Like an idiot I flashed mine to the Prodigy hack not realizing that it would only work off the Optical. I have Klipsch Ultra 5.1's that only input Analog
rolleyes.gif
Stupid I know.

If someone has the orignal Av-710 firmware I would greatly appreciate sharing it with me. Thanks in advance!

Here it is.

Mar 13, 2005 at 5:01 PM Post #37 of 110
philly4:

Thanks very much! I should also have stated though that my card is actually the Turtle Beach Cataline which I thought was the same as the Chaintech.

As I look closer though they appear different so I'm hesitant to flash it with the Chaintech firmware. Would you know where or how I might get the Catalina Firmware???

I've started a new thread with this request as well but since you kindly offered the Chaintech info I thought you might have some insight on the Catalina as well. Thanks for your help in either event.
wink.gif

Mar 13, 2005 at 6:24 PM Post #38 of 110
Does anyone have any idea of valid settings for ALSA 1.0.8 on Linux? ADS' last asound.state doesn't work any more and he doesn't seem to have been around for a while. All I get from the rear surround out is white noise, argh...

Mar 13, 2005 at 10:47 PM Post #39 of 110
@Tadh

Sorry, I have the chaintech one cause that's the card I have on my machine and when I played around with flashing it, I backed it up. I'd say the best place to look is on various boads like this one. Maybe hydrogenaudio, but I would think here would give you a better chance. You can alway flash it to the chaintech and if it doen't work flash it back.

Mar 13, 2005 at 11:24 PM Post #40 of 110
Thanks for taking the time anyways; hopefully someone with a Catalina will set up to the plate for me but I'll try the Chaintech firmware on Tuesday if no one else has the Catalina firmware.

Mar 14, 2005 at 1:58 PM Post #42 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by bishyb
Is it possible to use the Wolfson DAC without using 'Hi Sample Rate' Mode?

I've used it since I got this card a few weeks ago. Just use the 2-ch mode, 7&8-ch jack, enable digital output, set "pcm only" and sample rate to automatic. You can hear 44.1k from analog using Wolfson dac and from digital after that. I use both and never need to change anything in the panel.

Mar 15, 2005 at 8:24 PM Post #44 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulous
I've used it since I got this card a few weeks ago. Just use the 2-ch mode, 7&8-ch jack, enable digital output, set "pcm only" and sample rate to automatic. You can hear 44.1k from analog using Wolfson dac and from digital after that. I use both and never need to change anything in the panel.

And this is over a normal headphone jack right? Also, how's your foobar2000 setup to work with this?

Thanks.

Mar 15, 2005 at 11:18 PM Post #45 of 110
Over the black 7&8-ch jack, to Cmoy, to Headphones. I use Otachan's asioplugin + Asio4all with Winamp and all is working great, no resampling. I don't use Foobar. High test signals and udial.ape plays clear and music quality is awesome
wink.gif
. I have tested Foobar, too, but only with resampling to 96k which I don't prefer. I have used the newest drivers from the beginning. It is NOT needed to resample to 96k nor to check high sample rate 2 ch mode to get the Wolfson dac running. With 2-ch mode the Wolfson dac AND the optical output works both unresampled when set correct, and I like unresampled music much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back